Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NON DAIRY DIET RECIPIES - HELP PLEASE!!

Options
  • 29-10-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, Ive been put on a non dairy diet, also not allowed potatoes, pasta, rice and wheat. Im dying!!!! I dont know what to eat or cook!!! Im living on chicken and veg - which I really like but am kind of getting a bit bored with it.
    I was wondering if any of you have any ideas for me for lunches and dinners - thanks you !
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭m*pp*t

Can you eat things like parsnips, carrots and sweet potatoes? If so you could try roasting chunks of them as a kind of replacement for potatoes. Or I would quite happily eat carrot and parsnip mash til it was coming out my ears. And I'm sure I've heard of people eating cauliflower puree as a replacement for mashed spuds.
    Sorry, but aside from the obvious of lots of salads and veg to accompany your usual meat/veg type thing I can't think of much else.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

What do you usually eat?
    You might get better suggestions

If you can eat soya you could try soya milk?
    (I think it's nicer in coffee than tea)

If you can eat beans you could make a chilli.
    If you search the nutrition forum there's a way to make calliflower 'rice' that's quiet nice. :)
    You could have fish/pork/beef instead of chicken, cod goes well with a tomato sauce, salmon goes well with green pesto.

Other thinks of the top of my head would be soups, stir frys, butternut squash chips, an omlette.

Advertisement