Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Healium wrote: »
    You know that we have the same beliefs. Although, I'm embarrassed about it now. The only thing i'm uncomfortable with is that we have something in common

C'mon, you know you're just trolling. Circles....

http://bit.ly/b0vMwF

Are you trolling?:eek:
    lol

If I had a corner shop and he came in to buy a bag of taytos I'd ask him his religion before selling it to him. Just so anyone else in the shop could get some free entertainment out of him

Do Tayto's kill? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'd love to see the op donating blood. He'd probably spend the day arguing about the filter questions. Op did you lose your mind when they asked you for your next of kin?

k_mac wrote: »
    I'd love to see the op donating blood. He'd probably spend the day arguing about the filter questions. Op did you lose your mind when they asked you for your next of kin?

No, i'm still sane thanks;) Why don't they ask for your religion at a doctors then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

OP, would you prefer an opt in system?

Staff won't ask your religion, you must tell them if a chaplain or minister/whatever is important to you.
    If you don't bring it to anyones attention then it's assumed you've opted out, so no last rites, no chaplain visit or nun doing the rounds with communion for you.

And if the doctor has some relevant question like blood transfusions, it'll be the doctor who asks it, not the staff on reception.
    Doctor will ask as it's a medical question and they need to know.

Would that make you happy?

Btw, the tags are hilarious :D

• Advertisement

Staff won't ask your religion, you must tell them if a chaplain or minister/whatever is important to you.
    If you don't bring it to anyones attention then it's assumed you've opted out, so no last rites, no chaplain visit or nun doing the rounds with communion for you.

And if the doctor has some relevant question like blood transfusions, it'll be the doctor who asks it, not the staff on reception.
    Doctor will ask as it's a medical question and they need to know.

That does sound like a compromise. Better than automatically assuming you are religious lark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Btw, the tags are hilarious :D

The problem there is unexpected visits. Op is complaining that the info wasn't needed for a regular checkup. But what if you then walk out the door and get hit by a bus?

k_mac wrote: »
    The problem there is unexpected visits. Op is complaining that the info wasn't needed for a regular checkup. But what if you then walk out the door and get hit by a bus?

Getting hit by a bus can happen anytime, not just when you leave a hospital.

In your scenario, everyone should get the religious question for last rites before they leave their homes!

If the OP is in a coma after the 78A ran them over then the last rites from a chaplain won't do him any harm.
    May even save his soul :eek:

The visit was for fracture I think.
    Well even the simplest of procedures can go wrong.

Sure I posted earlier in this thread on the African lady who was lost 80% of her blood, was given a blood transfusion, saved her life and the Coombe hospital got sued by her Jehovah Witnesses church
    Gratitude I tell ya

So I think it's a relevent question but maybe the doctor should ask it when the OP is able to answer.........if there is a medical reason to ask it.
    Someone else posted about a group of Jews predisposed to certain conditions.

After 19 pages, the OP is still unhappy so what is the solution here?

So I think it's a relevent question but maybe the doctor should ask it when the OP is able to answer.........if there is a medical reason to ask it.
    Someone else posted about a group of Jews predisposed to certain conditions.

After 19 pages, the OP is still unhappy so what is the solution here?

Ask me first 'do you have a religion Sir?' and then ask what is my religion if I answer yes.
    Instead of asking first 'What religion are you?' which is the case now, that is labelling me as having a religion when I do not have one.

• Advertisement

As simple as that? Change the questionnaire the admitting staff are given?

That's the sort of thing that could implemented in an instant.
    What were the last 19 pages of outrage about so? :confused:

You know what to do, contact the HSE and your local hospital.
    Your local elected reps even

As simple as that? Change the questionnaire the admitting staff are given?

That's the sort of thing that could implemented in an instant.
    What were the last 19 pages of outrage about so? :confused:

You know what to do, contact the HSE and your local hospital.
    Your local elected reps even

Only part of it. Since when did a non-intrusive/non-life threatening checkup involve religion? (and the checkup did not need a further clinic visit)

And the following question was never answered..."What gives them the legal right to ask about religion?" All I got was upset religionists over-reacting to that question.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Perhaps gurramok next time you are in a hospital you should go around the wards and see people with stuff thats a real worry instead of the nonsense you have been generating in here, will give you a whole new perspective on life. Or at least keep ya off this for a while.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

gurramok wrote: »
    And the following question was never answered..."What gives them the legal right to ask about religion?" All I got was upset religionists over-reacting to that question.:mad:

I'm going to try look for an answer to that for you.

Just one question. What makes you think that just because people are arguing against you, they must be "religionists"?

And really, it was everyone else who was overreacting?! :D

I'm going to try look for an answer to that for you.

Just one question. What makes you think that just because people are arguing against you, they must be "religionists"?

And really, it was everyone else who was overreacting?! :D

Not everyone, only about 4 posters. Why did they throw a wobbler then?

They clearly objected to the question even been raised hence they got quite upset.

Haven't really read the thread (just dipped into it here) but any thread that has that quote in it has to be good.
    Classic.

So atheist-bashing is the new Christian-bashing.
    I feel so last season.
    Is this a recession thing.

I see no athiest-bashing?

Not everyone, only about 4 posters. Why did they throw a wobbler then?

They clearly objected to the question even been raised hence they got quite upset.

Noone "threw a wobbler."
    Why don't overreacting to posts and twisting their words. No one has been able to anser your question yet, because they don't know, but have stated that it's more an administrative thing than a legal thing. Who got upset?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭Richard

due/dudette :D, you never answered why would I change my views about religion on my deathbed?

Is there something everyone else should know? :confused:

Some people, faced with death find God. You may do, you may not. But such a traumatic experience does affect peoples views on religion from time to time.

I think this thread will go on another 20 pages and still gurramok won't have an answer

But if I had an issue I would have gone to hospital management and asked my questions to the people with the knowledge and the power.

Some people come to After Hours on boards.ie instead

And the tags are getting even better! :D

Noone "threw a wobbler."
    Why don't overreacting to posts and twisting their words. No one has been able to anser your question yet, because they don't know, but have stated that it's more an administrative thing than a legal thing. Who got upset?

Just a sample. Most were in the middle of the night though.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757846&postcount=253
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757845&postcount=252
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757554&postcount=202
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757638&postcount=210
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757661&postcount=212

• Advertisement

Richard wrote: »
    Some people, faced with death find God. You may do, you may not. But such a traumatic experience does affect peoples views on religion from time to time.

At least you tried to answer that question, the poster who posted that view never answered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

I see no athiest-bashing?

I'm gonna delete my post and read the thread properly. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Hold on there a fcuking minute.
    Where did anybody in them posts point out whether they had a religion or not for a start?
    No body "threw a wobbler" either. It's not our fault you can't get a simple answer into your head.

And you asked me about the legal issue again and again, no matter how many times i told you i knew nothing about the legality of things. I notice you never brought it over to the Legal Issues forum for an actual answer..yet here you are still bleating on about it.

At least you tried to answer that question, the poster who posted that view never answered it.

I think that was me. And realy it so blinding obvious why did you need an answer to it?

You've never heard of finding God on your deathbed
    Or that there are no atheists in foxholes
    Or convicted prisoners on deathrow finding religion

Surprising

You've put a lot of effort into this thread
    Have you contacted hospital management yet? They work weekends you know

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Hold on there a fcuking minute.
    Where did anybody in them posts point out whether they had a religion or not for a start?
    No body "threw a wobbler" either. It's not our fault you can't get a simple answer into your head.

And you asked me about the legal issue again and again, no matter how many times i told you i knew nothing about the legality of things. I notice you never brought it over to the Legal Issues forum for an actual answer..yet here you are still bleating on about it.

Why the need for the following?
    "why not fcuk off to the atheist forum and do us all a favour". Clearly you have a problem with atheism as you never mentioned any other forum as you well know that forum is for atheists, Why didn't you mention the Christianity forum instead:confused:?

There were posters who kept quoting their religious experience and it just so happens these ones threw a wobbler.

I think that was me. And realy it so blinding obvious why did you need an answer to it?

You've never heard of finding God on your deathbed
    Or that there are no atheists in foxholes
    Or convicted prisoners on deathrow finding religion

Surprising

Why do you keep saying they find religion on their deathbed? Can they not find anything else?:confused:

You've put a lot of effort into this thread
    Have you contacted hospital management yet? They work weekends you know

They're busy saving lives, no need for religious involvement in saving those lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Why the need for the following?
    "why not fcuk off to the atheist forum and do us all a favour". Clearly you have a problem with atheism as you never mentioned any other forum as you well know that forum is for atheists, Why didn't you mention the Christianity forum instead:confused:?

There were posters who kept quoting their religious experience and it just so happens these ones threw a wobbler.

Way to half quote someone there!
    Why would i send an atheist to the christianity forum?!

"Clearly i have a problem with atheistm, as i never mentioned any other forum, as i know well that forum is for atheists" :confused:
    How knowing that an atheist forum is for atheists means that i've a problem with it, is beyond me.

Show me where i said i'd a problem with atheists?

I can't believe this thread is still here actually-20 pages of the same arguement going round in circles.

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Way to half quote someone there!
    Why would i send an atheist to the christianity forum?!

"Clearly i have a problem with atheistm, as i never mentioned any other forum, as i know well that forum is for atheists" :confused:
    How knowing that an atheist forum is for atheists means that i've a problem with it, is beyond me.

Show me where i said i'd a problem with atheists?

I can't believe this thread is still here actually-20 pages of the same arguement going round in circles.

Its 8 pages on my screen. Ain't my fault its that long.

You told me to feck off to the Athiest forum and with the subject in hand which you so passionately care about, its obvious the problem you had was with athiests.

We're talking about religion so why did you not say a religious forum instead?:confused:

They're busy saving lives, no need for religious involvement in saving those lives.

Seriously, you started the thread last Friday and you still haven't call the hospital and asked for a manager or an administrator?
    When I see an issue I look for the person who can solve it.

And it isn't boards.ie
    A discussion here is great. But you've rejected 19 pages of posts.

You know what you want so write a letter or call them

And hospital management are in an office, they are not busy saving lives.

• Advertisement

Seriously, you started the thread last Friday and you still haven't call the hospital and asked for a manager or an administrator?
    When I see an issue I look for the person who can solve it.

And it isn't boards.ie
    A discussion here is great. But you've rejected 19 pages of posts.

You know what you want so write a letter or call them

And hospital management are in an office, they are not busy saving lives.

It ain't 19 pages and not all posts were objective.

They have to register people who are queuing to get in for treatment hence are busy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement