Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Very true Xx, partyatmygaff has said hes not catholic and I believe him totally. Sadly because it doesn't suit some people they won't believe him. Dumbledore would be very disappointed in you garramok, you'bve gone completely over to Lord Voldemort
    Watch it, he might try the cruciatus curse on you. You know what those death eaters are like Harry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I lost an argument? When was this?
    If I had full access to your "thoughts" i'd end up in an asylum. Insanity breeds insanity.

Too bad I'm not Catholic to care.

So says a staunch defender of the Catholic religion! Hilarious stuff.
    Very true Xx, partyatmygaff has said hes not catholic and I believe him totally. Sadly because it doesn't suit some people they won't believe him. Dumbledore would be very disappointed in you garramok, you'bve gone completely over to Lord Voldemort

Huh? Speak English please and spell my name properly.
    You're doing it again. You're auto-assumong that partyatmygaff is catholic despite him stating that he isn't. That's WORSE than your big issue with being asked your religion

Yeh and you're not Catholic too. Comedians all over.!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Watch it, he might try the cruciatus curse on you. You know what those death eaters are like Harry.

I do, I do, but at least they aren't Catholics, throwing crosses at me. I am sure garramok loves being a death eater, they are always miserable, never happy about anything. Heaven for him. Crap, I said heaven, and him not believing in it.

gurramok wrote: »

Huh? Speak English please and spell my name properly.

sorry, I meant gurrrumuk

Ahhh, no denial, I was right. Well, while I feel sorry for you not achieving your dream its just as well, you'd have been such a crap priest.

You'd be an excellent priest, just be more accommodating of others and show some love about and you be fine.
    I do, I do, but at least they aren't Catholics, throwing crosses at me. I am sure garramok loves being a death eater, they are always miserable, never happy about anything. Heaven for him. Crap, I said heaven, and him not believing in it.

Whois garramok ?:confused:

• Advertisement

Haven't you been reading the news? Do keep up old chap. Just two weeks ago Pope Benedict visited Ireland and crowned me 'fidei defensor'.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I'm really not. I wan't even raised Catholic really! I did my communion and confirmation and that's it. The only links I've ever had to Catholicism. I didn't do religion in school! Ask my parents who were the ones to make that decision.

Anyway where have I professed my beliefs, defended the Church or in any way give you the impression that I'm Catholic? Really?

Haven't you been reading the news? Do keep up old chap. Just two weeks ago Pope Benedict visited Ireland and crowned me 'fidei defensor'.

Should we kiss your ring?? On second thoughts scrap that. Its disgusting.

Wow, I've been quoted in gurramok's signature. I'm honoured.

You'd be an excellent priest, just be more accommodating of others and show some love about and you be fine.

Whois garramok ?:confused:

Sorry, I meant garramuck

• Advertisement

Sorry, I meant garramuck
    I heard that's a contraction of "grr, i'm covered with all of this catherlick muck". Only in some dialects though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

So long as that's all he did. No child's behind left and all that.

That Benny.... such a character.

Sorry young pretender, do you wear a bowl hat and march for your faith as as well?
    I'm really not. I wan't even raised Catholic really! I did my communion and confirmation and that's it. The only links I've ever had to Catholicism. I didn't do religion in school! Ask my parents who were the ones to make that decision.

Anyway where have I professed my beliefs, defended the Church or in any way give you the impression that I'm Catholic? Really?

Many posts dear. Have you tried the convent? Vacancies there :D
    Wow, I've been quoted in gurramok's signature. I'm honoured.

You're anointed, Saint partyatmygaff. Pity I can't hold parties here in your honour as i'd be accused of playing the devils music.

I heard that's a contraction of "grr, i'm covered with all of this catherlick muck". Only in some dialects though.

Really? Would never have known that. I suppose he had to shorten it, he would never manage to type all that all the time, with him being slightly uneducated.

Sorry, I meant garramuck

Harrypotter is such a kids movie nickname, you sure you're not a priest? :D

Making jokes over child abuse, eh?

Smooth...

Positive, I never tried to get into the priesthood like you

Smooth...

I chose to ignore it, it shows the threadbare nature of gorramecks argument

Smooth...

Yeh just like the uneducated comment and nick mockings.

Ah, so you know about child abuse by priests then?:eek: :)

And yet you still defend the church outright in its teachings especially when it also can enforce those teachings on child patients.

And yet you still defend the church outright in its teachings especially when it also can enforce those teachings on child patients.

We have no problem with your uneducated comments gerramick, so don't be stressing that they are troubling us

• Advertisement

Mocking you? Who? What? Where?

Jaysus, must've missed it through the 57 or so pages.

We have no problem with your uneducated comments gerramick, so don't be stressing that they are troubling us
    Sure we all just learn from his mistakes :pac:

Sure we all just learn from his mistakes :pac:

Should be able to do a thesis after all this then.

Mocking you? Who? What? Where?

Jaysus, must've missed it through the 57 or so pages.

So you have NO problem with the Catholic clergy running a Childrens hospital despite their heinous record in child abuse? :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

lung cancer patients were denied a life saving drug.

No they weren't, the hospital decided not to test an unproved drug. There is a MASSIVE difference.

So you have NO problem with the Catholic clergy running a Childrens hospital despite their heinous record in child abuse? :eek:

I know, its terrible, them all running throiugh the wards finding the best ones for themselves, like a tesco for them. What a twat.

Yeah, sure, why not? You sure love putting words in to my mouth and making sh1t up so who am I to deny you your favourite past time?

Jakkass wrote: »
    OK - I have to ask a bit more in depth then.

As for religious control or not, I couldn't care less provided that I can have access to people from church, or a spiritual advisor. I don't mind if they do or do not have an ethos.

Carrying on to all schools - this would bring up the argument of choice for parents to decide how best to raise their own children. This is another thread.

Universities - This is where I am interested to hear your thoughts. You say there should be no faith control in universities, but even in secular universities faith plays a role through faith societies. For example, in Ireland right now (North and South - 7 in North) there are over 25 Christian Unions. Many of these are funded by their Students Union through the Registration fee / Government if you think about where the funding generally comes from. Do you think that it is acceptable for such societies to exist?

Yes as long as they are just upholding their faith and not interfering in the internal affairs of a college, just like maybe a Tennis Society.
    Jakkass wrote: »
    I find this view very foreign. As someone who would believe that science and religion go hand in hand that is. I don't see them as enemies.

However, I do think that science has to have ethical restrictions of some form otherwise we could be led to practicing things such as eugenics. There has to be a line.

As for contraceptives, I can see the argument for encouraging terminally ill patients, say with cancer to abstain from sexual relations especially failure in contraceptives would no doubt involve an abortion and stress on the patient. That makes logical sense.

In general, I don't see the issue as long as people are willing to accept and deal in a moral manner with the consequences of failure should it arise. Personally I am not opposed to contraceptives.

Ethical lines yes, I don't want to see mutants either :D

Contraceptives, that may need a thread to discuss that :)

Yeah, sure, why not? You sure love putting words in to my mouth and making sh1t up so who am I to deny you your favourite past time?

Well, you want to maintain their control over the Childrens Hospital despite their horrific past history with children. And you expect to be surprised?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

He is called Jesus Christ for a reason!. Did you miss religion class that day?:rolleyes:

Yes, because of prophetic naming practices in Jewish culture.

Jesus means "Yahweh delivers (or rescues)" and Christ means the "Anointed One". So his name means
    "God delivers the anointed one", the messiah that jewish prophecy talked about for thousands of years, from genesis , through the psalms and into the late old testiment.

Now, if you insist on spouting ****e you know nothing about atleast do a basic ****ing google or wikipedia search.

Jesus Christ was not a Christian. That is like saying God is a Christian. Christ is not the founded of the Christian Church, he is the person on who the teachings of the Christian church is based.

Get a ****ing clue.

Yet another thing you make yourself look like an idiot whilst spouting ****e about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement