Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes as long as they are just upholding their faith and not interfering in the internal affairs of a college, just like maybe a Tennis Society.

Ethical lines yes, I don't want to see mutants either :D

Contraceptives, that may need a thread to discuss that :)

But you're a fire eater girrameck, you are already a mutant

Well, you want to maintain their control over the Childrens Hospital despite their horrific past history with children. And you expect to be surprised?:rolleyes:

3% of abuse was carried out by clergy, but then again, you don't have a problem with the 97% so I assume ypou would be quite happy with them wandering the hospitals, or even running them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Amn't? Whats that word?

So you are not a Catholic, i'm Benedict the Monk then.

Ain't BS. It was shown to you countless times but you refuse to listen. I can;t help it if you won't pay attention.

I could write a religious novel out of your religious posts :D

Thanks for the compliment. Now you see what monstrosity was carried out in your name. Do you condemn it?

Amn't is an accepted and regularly used contraction in hiberno-english and scottish english.

By you using aint, constantly, making about 5 million spelling mistakes, countless gramatical mistakes and failing to use basic english sentence structure and THEN having the idiocy to try and correct someone's grammar you have yet again made yourself look like a tool.

Well done, you are somehow finding new and hilarious ways to make yourself look like a muppet.

Seaneh wrote: »
    Amn't is an accepted and regularly used contraction in hiberno-english and scottish english.

By you using aint, constantly, making about 5 million spelling mistakes, countless gramatical mistakes and failing to use basic english sentence structure and THEN having the idiocy to try and correct someone's grammar you have yet again made yourself look like a tool.

Well done, you are somehow finding new and hilarious ways to make yourself look like a muppet.

I wonder which muppet he is. Fozzy Bear maybe, hes bumblingly unfunny. Or Waldorf, grumpy about everything. Hmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

But you're a fire eater girrameck, you are already a mutant

Very intelligent post along with the other variants of my name from your attempted at humour posts.

Is that all you are capable of Mr Potter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Amn't is an accepted and regularly used contraction in hiberno-English and Scottish English.

By you using aint, constantly, making about 5 million spelling mistakes, countless grammatical mistakes and failing to use basic English sentence structure and THEN having the idiocy to try and correct someone's grammar you have yet again made yourself look like a tool.

*cough* Gurramok doesn't know what hiberno means *cough*

He also inferred that I am somehow a secondary student who happens to be studying medicine but who really wants to be a professor of English (That shall ultimately fail). That's some craic alright.

The Catholic Church got their money off the citizens.

The catholic church got the money to build them from voluntary donations from THEIR FOLLOWERS. Not "the citizens".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

DON'T RISE HARRY!!! HE ONLY WANTS TO PROVOKE YOU IN TO USING AN UNFORGIVABLE CURSE!!! HE'S NOT WORTH A LIFE SENTENCE IN AZKABAN! DON'T DOOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

Very intelligent post along with the other variants of my name from your attempted at humour posts.

Oh God no ( sorry for mentioning God there gorrimoc ), I plan on finally defeating Lord Voldermort to exact revenge for the death of Dumbledore.

DON'T RISE HARRY!!! HE ONLY WANTS TO PROVOKE YOU IN TO USING AN UNFORGIVABLE CURSE!!! HE'S NOT WORTH A LIFE SENTENCE IN AZKABAN! DON'T DOOOOOOOOOOOO ITTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!

How true, I have much to do, the fire eaters to destroy ( nothing personal gurremac ) and to avenge the death of Dumbledore by destroying Snape and Lord Voldermort. Then time for Mass.

• Advertisement

Ok everybody... Just for ****s and giggles, I just phoned my friend, a dcotor who works in a hospital on the island of Sylt in the Wadden Sea off the northern coast of Germany. She is a German agnostic of Hindu origan, she was educated in both Germany (4 years) and Ireland (2 years in NUGI). She is a fully qualified Doctor and works in a german public hotpital.

I asked her one simpe question. "Hey, when people are being admitted to hospital in Germany do you ask they what their religion is?"

Her answer "Yes, of course".

Me "Why do you ask".

Her "Several reasons, if they need a visit from someone from their faith or in some cases they might need to have cultural issues respected, for instance sometimes a Muslim woman will not want a male doctor to examine her, or something similar".

Me "me, ok thanks, you're a star".

Her "Next time please ring me before 2am to ask random questions".

*click*.

There you go OP, it had nothing to do with the religion of the board of the hospital, it is a standard and seemingly common question across Europe.

How true, I have much to do, the fire eaters to destroy ( nothing personal gurremac ) and to avenge the death of Dumbledore by destroying Snape and Lord Voldermort. Then time for Mass.

Off topic. Goto the Harry Potter forum for that sh1te

3% of abuse was carried out by clergy, but then again, you don't have a problem with the 97% so I assume ypou would be quite happy with them wandering the hospitals, or even running them.

They covered up the abuse for decades and didn't give a flying fluck about the children

There you go OP, it had nothing to do with the religion of the board of the hospital, it is a standard and seemingly common question across Europe.

Is this a sermon from the pulpit?:confused:

I'm actually quite sceptical to reply to most of your posts considering you didn't care if I woke up in the morning. :eek:

Off topic. Goto the Harry Potter forum for that sh1te

They covered up the abuse for decades and didn't give a flying fluck about the children

Theres a Harry Potter forum??? the b%&*^%$s will be hearing from my lawyers over that one.

And Hurrah for the 97% who admitted their abuse and published their complicity in it in the papers.

And which muppet do you think you are gombeenmec??

I'm actually quite sceptical to reply to most of your posts considering you didn't care if I woke up in the morning. :eek:

Ah now, be honest gurriermask, you don't reply cos ya don't have any answer to the truth. Stop fibbing now, or will have to get Hagrid after you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Look at me, I'm an atheist and demand that everyone notices me.

Can believe this thread is still going

Look at me, I'm an atheist and demand that everyone notices me.

Can believe this thread is still going

Funny girl. How can one debate this issue when a poster is debating about Harry Potter?

If you die in the night whatever happens is between you and God. I don't know you from Adam, if you suddenly weren't alive my life wouldn't change in any way. Why should I care?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Funny girl. How can one debate this issue when a poster is debating about Harry Potter?

But seriously though - what religion are you ?

Theres somebody debating Harry Potter?? Cool, what channel is that on?

• Advertisement

Morlar wrote: »

Hes a fire eater Morlar, a disciple of the evil Lord Voldermort.

If you die in the night whatever happens is between you and God. I don't know you from Adam, if you suddenly weren't alive my life wouldn't change in any way. Why should I care?

Thats not very Christian is it?

I wish every single poster on this site to live as long as possible and you do not care what happens to myself. Lovely.

Morlar wrote: »

I have no religion. You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I have no religion. You?

"Shur I will just put you down as a Catholic. NEXT."

I don't want to see mutants either :D

So children with red hair, dwarfism, down syndrome, Edwards syndrome, Haemophilia, Cystic fibrosis, Color blindness, Coeliac disease, drepanocytosis and countless other genetic mutations should be killed at birth?

Wow, you get better and better!

So children with red hair, dwarfism, down syndrome, Edwards syndrome, Haemophilia, Cystic fibrosis, Color blindness, Coeliac disease, drepanocytosis and countless other genetic mutations should be killed at birth?

Wow, you get better and better!

You've a funny way of describing what mutants are.

I have no religion. You?

Waaaaay back a few hundred posts you posted something like

What legal right did the secretary have to ask you?

And instead of asking which religion they should have asked have you a religion.
    Is that right? I read the first 400 posts, not reading the rest

So OP, did you get an answer to your questions?

I asked you to write to hospital management and your TD and your councillor last Sunday?
    You'd nearly have a letter back from hospital management by now. Have you done this yet?
    Is boards.ie going to get you an offical answer?

Waaaaay back a few hundred posts you posted something like

What legal right did the secretary have to ask you?

And instead of asking which religion they should have asked have you a religion.
    Is that right? I read the first 400 posts, not reading the rest

So OP, did you get an answer to your questions?

I asked you to write to hospital management and your TD and your councillor last Sunday?
    You'd nearly have a letter back from hospital management by now. Have you done this yet?
    Is boards.ie going to get you an offical answer?

hHes a troll, thats why hes doing it. But hes fun, for a fire eater.

You've a funny way of describing what mutants are.

Mutant, definition of - "A mutant is an individual, organism, or new genetic character, arising or resulting from an instance of mutation, which is a base-pair sequence change within the DNA of a gene or chromosome of an organism resulting in the creation of a new character or trait not found in the wild type".

Exactly what happens to people with the list of genetic traits i posted previously.

Red hair appears in people with two copies of a recessive gene on chromosome 16 which causes a mutation in the MC1R protein - wikipedia.

Red hair is a mutation.

CF is caused by a mutation in the gene for the protein cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) - Wikipedia.

CF is a mutation.

You said you don't want to see mutants and alluded to a support of eugenics.
    You therefore alluded that you believe that people with genetic mutations (such as red hair and CF) should be "dispatched" either at birth or before birth.

You have a really **** basic grasp of the english language.

• Advertisement

I've posted on this thread maybe 10 times by now.
    I'm giving up.

If the OP was for real they would have contacted hospital management by now.
    But hasn't done so.........

Nope, this is usual "I'm an Atheist and I'm outraged and looking for attention" thread but they never help themselves

The tags are fantastic though :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement