Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

seamus wrote: »
    What about Pagans?

Indeed, and Greeks, Romans, Norse, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

gurramok wrote: »
    Yes, I was visiting a clinic at the Mater Hospital and upon regging ya wan behind the counter went through my details and landed me with this bomb of 'what religion I am'.

I just went 'wtf' in my head and after an awkward slience said 'err no religion'. Then she just wobbled her head and promptly kept typing into her pc.

Now, what frigging relevance is my religion in order to get treatment in a hospital?:mad:

Thought Ireland was in the 21st century and why would a hospital care about my religious beliefs?:confused:

Big deal:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Seaneh wrote: »
    1st of all, I don't hate you. In fact, I pity you. Show me anywhere where I said I hate you?

Re-read the post, ffs. You didn't care if I woke up in the morning or not
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251
    Seaneh wrote:
    gurramok wrote:
    I'm going to bed, will you wish me to wake up in the morning?
    I don't care either way.
    2nd of all. You keep harping on about the people pointing out your idiocy in this thread being "staunch Catholics".

As far as I can see there are about 2 catholics who have posted in this thread at all. The people ripping your rants to shreds have been agnostic, atheist and other forms of Christianity.

In fact, if you asked many of the Catholic posters on the Christianity forum if I was "staunchly catholic" they would probably laugh at you, seeing as I have, many time, aired my differences with catholic theology and doctrine.

Very believable indeed:rolleyes:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757787&postcount=238
    Seaneh wrote:
    Yes, their terrible record to BUILDING and RUNNING almost every single hospital in the country because successive governments wouldn't? How dare they! If it wasn't for the Catholic Churches "influence" on the hospitals in their trust, those hospitals would be wither (a) privatized or (b) run into the ground by the idiots at the HSE. I know which I prefer. Also, as long as the hospitals are on land the catholic church owns and they are pumping their money into them, then they have every right. Their influence on these hospitals is nothing BUT positive and makes these hospitals much better places. It is EXACTLY because of Christian ideals of "Love your neighbor as yourself" that the church built these hospitals and continue to develop them, despite government efforts to ruin the standard of health care currently provided in the country.

Keep reaching for stuff that isn't there gonzo, you're ability to make yourself look ignorant knows no bounds.

Whois Gonzo? A ghost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

No, i'm debating. You've been ranting since you got high on movie like Harry Potterism last night.

I do not hate you, I love you as a human being just like any Christian worth their salt would. At least I care that you wake up in the morning unlike Seaneh. Do you hate me?:confused:

So what, you're saying your Christian after all that? makes your rant even weirder. I don't hate people, too much effort. I find the Harry Potter angle as logical as anything you have thrown out there gonzo.

Big deal:confused:

Who said religion and pro-life does not mix?! You in Youth Defence?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66038497&postcount=180

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    What about Pagans?

Quite possibly the gos they believed in were the same as modern day religions believe in, the big difference is modern day religion organised itself. The OP could have said he was pagan if he wanted, damn sure they couldn't have cared less in the hospital.

Who said religion and pro-life does not mix?! You in Youth Defence?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66038497&postcount=180

Now now Gonzo, you are going off topic, you will have to be reported if you take the thread off topic again like you have on about 5 occasions.

So what, you're saying your Christian after all that? makes your rant even weirder. I don't hate people, too much effort. I find the Harry Potter angle as logical as anything you have thrown out there gonzo.

No, i'm not Christian. I'm probably more of a Christian in the loving sense and in helping people than some of the mass goers here including yourself.

Do you hate me? Answer the question, yes or no would suffice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

No, i'm not Christian. I'm probably more of a Christian in the loving sense and in helping people than some of the mass goers here including yourself.

Is this for real? Do you hate me? Get a grip

First of all don't ever make any kind of assumption like that about me in the future, you know nothing about me. I can guarantee you I have put more back into my community than you ever have or ever will. And secondly if I don't hate people, work it out for yourself but then again you have proven you have a small problem understanding basic English all through this thread.

And btw, someone asked me what time it was yesterday. How dare they assume I have a watch, what makes them think in this day and age I would have a watch or need a watch. I am outraged by the whole thing, must start a thread.

• Advertisement

optogirl wrote: »

In fairness, he has proven time and time again hes not for real.

Re-read the post, ffs. You didn't care if I woke up in the morning or not
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251

So I didn't say I hate you? Well done, at last you are starting to accept things!

AGI here, sorry to burst your bubble.

Whois Gonzo? A ghost?

This is gonzo

So I didn't say I hate you? Well done, at last you are starting to accept things!

This is gonzo

LOL, love it.

No, where did I say I hate you? Read the post again optogirl.
    First of all don't ever make any kind of assumption like that about me in the future, you know nothing about me. I can guarantee you I have put more back into my community than you ever have or ever will. And secondly if I don't hate people, work it out for yourself but then again you have proven you have a small problem understanding basic English all through this thread.

And btw, someone asked me what time it was yesterday. How dare they assume I have a watch, what makes them think in this day and age I would have a watch or need a watch. I am outraged by the whole thing, must start a thread.

Assumptions, pot and kettle come to mind:rolleyes:

Yeh sure, what are you, some sort of angel?:confused: Perhaps Mother Theresa reincarnated?:confused:

Watches have not brainwashed you yet.

Assumptions, pot and kettle come to mind:rolleyes:

Yeh sure, what are you, some sort of angel?:confused: Perhaps Mother Theresa reincarnated?:confused:

Watches have not brainwashed you yet.

I can list all the things I do and have done, what have you ever done bar rant in here over a simple question ( asked of a very simple individual it must be said ).

My watch has me totally brainwashed, it has me going here there and everywhere at its beck and call, its disgraceful. Hmm, thats a second thread about that O must start.

Oh for fups sake :(

Jesus man, you can not read posts can you? The hate subject was nothing to do with you, it was Harry's area of discussion.

Reread again.
    I do not hate you, I love you as a human being just like any Christian worth their salt would. At least I care that you wake up in the morning unlike Seaneh. Do you hate me?

It proves the warped sense of Christianity you have in that anyone who disagrees with your religious views you do not care if they die or not.

Unfounded and disproven.
    This is gonzo

Stop showing pictures of yourself. I asked where is the poster Gonzo.

Jesus man, you can not read posts can you? The hate subject was nothing to do with you, it was Harry's area of discussion.

Reread again.

It proves the warped sense of Christianity you have in that anyone who disagrees with your religious views you do not care if they die or not.

Unfounded and disproven.

I genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry

Oh for fups sake :(

You had asked "Do I hate you?". Despite the fact I had posted before your question that I loved everyone. Please keep up.

Reread again.

Unfounded and disproven.

Just when we thought you couldn't post anything more ridiculous you do, you have taken things that have been said and taken them totally differently to every sane rational human being on the planet ( one of which you are not btw ). You really are funny, but I hope they keep the door on your hospital room locked at night for everyones sake.

Anyway Gonzo, back to my watch, what the hell am I going to do about all these people who ask me the time.

• Advertisement

I can list all the things I do and have done, what have you ever done bar rant in here over a simple question ( asked of a very simple individual it must be said ).

Whatever.
    My watch has me totally brainwashed, it has me going here there and everywhere at its beck and call, its disgraceful. Hmm, thats a second thread about that O must start.

The watch has control over your life? Denied you vital treatment due to the ethos of the watch?:rolleyes:

I genuinely don't know whether to laugh or cry

Just be grateful hes in the asylum ( he must be to have all the time he has to dedicate to this )

You had asked "Do I hate you?". Despite the fact I had posted before your question that I loved everyone. Please keep up.

You're telling me to keep up? :p

Unfounded and disproven.

It's unfounded and disproven that I am an active member of an Assemblies of God Ireland Church?
    How about the fact that I will be departing on a 11 month missions trip with a pentecostal organisation next July?
    How about the fact that I am will be interning in a pentecostal church in the States for 2 months before I depart on the missions trip?

These are unfounded and disproven are they? I'd love to see your proof by the way...

It's unfounded and disproven that I am an active member of an Assemblies of God Ireland Church?
    How about the fact that I will be departing on a 11 month missions trip with a pentecostal organisation next July?
    How about the fact that I am will be interning in a pentecostal church in the States for 2 months before I depart on the missions trip?

These are unfounded and disproven are then? I'd love to see your proof by the way...

Seaneh do you not get it? If gurramok decides you are a catholic, you are proven to be one...

Seaneh do you not get it? If gurramok decides you are a catholic, you are proven to be one...

So basically this is all an anti Catholic rant and should be in the atheist forum, therefore should be closed as being totally irrelevant.

These are unfounded and disproven are they? I'd love to see your proof by the way...

Oh, you are going on missions now. :rolleyes: You won't preach to me son, try someone else to ram down your religious ramblings.

You sure you are not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church?

Oh, you are going on missions now. :rolleyes: You won't preach to me son, try someone else to ram down your religious ramblings.

Hey Gonzo, forgot to ask ya, hows Miss Piggy and Kermit keeping these days, ya never see them on the telly now.

So basically this is all an anti Catholic rant and should be in the atheist forum, therefore should be closed as being totally irrelevant.

Another poster who has not been following the thread.

I don't hate Catholics. I want Catholic control removed from the hospitals & schools, whats wrong with that?

• Advertisement

Don't think anyone tried to "ram down" religious ramblings at you and in what way, shape or form does any of this have ANYTHING to do with the Westboro Baptist Church? Either you are aware that you are talking sh*te and are now just posting anything in order to antagonise or you need serious chats with a therapist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement