Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

gurramok wrote: »
    Oh, you are going on missions now. :rolleyes: You won't preach to me son, try someone else to ram down your religious ramblings.

You sure you are not a member of the Westboro Baptist Church?

You're hilarious.
    Well done.

Also... where did you get baptist from pentecostal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

Another poster who has not been following the thread.

I don't hate Catholics. I want Catholic control removed from the hospitals & schools, whats wrong with that?

Strangely enough I was in hospital myself this year and spent a long time in and out of hospitals a couple of years ago while a relative was dying and I can honestly say I did not see anything that would suggest to me in anyway, shape or form that they were in any type of Catholic control. So it shows the obsessive nonsensical rant you have been on for the last while. You really need to get a life for yourself if you have managed to dedicate so much time to something like this at a time when the economy is going belly up and people are struggling with real problems. Find something to volunteer for and make use of your time a little more constructively than spending your time on the internet.

BTW, still waiting top hear how Miss Piggy and Kermit are keeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Another poster who has not been following the thread.

I don't hate Catholics. I want Catholic control removed from the hospitals & schools, whats wrong with that?

WRONG. You got your knickers in a twist when somebody in a hospital asked you a perfectly acceptable question in order to fill in your form. You then went on a ludicrous rant about how the hospitals are mistreating non-catholics, children are being molested in hospitals etc and anyone who disagrees with you is a militant catholic. If you wanted to discuss the church's control on education there are several threads where you could do this however you have shown to be nonsensical, incomprehensible and insulting to both atheists and religious alike so I'm not sure how welcome you would be.

Seaneh wrote: »
    You're hilarious.
    Well done.

Also... where did you get baptist from pentecostal?

Hes not worth worrying about Seaneh. And best of luck with the missionary work, you're to be admired.

Also, as for ramming religion down peoples throats and so forth.

The missions trip I am going on is so evil.
    We work for organisations like Child Voice International teaching life skills to teenage girls who were former child soldiers, giving them a basic education, teach them English and craft skills so they can provide for themselves an their kids.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED!

• Advertisement

We work for organisations like http://www.childvoiceintl.org/ teaching life skills to teenage girls who were former child soldiers, giving them a basic education, teach them English and craft skills so they can provide for themselves an their kids.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED!

Well, in fairness, the atheists could do it, but a lot of them spend their time on the internet railing against God and religion. Too self centered and obsessed to do anything about anyone else.

Well, in fairness, the atheists could do it, but a lot of them spend their time on the internet railing against God and religion. Too self centered and obsessed to do anything about anyone else.

Please don't judge us all by gurramok's standards.

And a lot of atheists do similar stuff and other humanitarian works (like MSF and so on), and fair play to them, it's much needed work.

And a lot of atheists do similar stuff and other humanitarian works (like MSF and so on), and fair play to them, it's much needed work.

But not gonzo, hes too busy ranting about pointless stuff.

optogirl wrote: »
    Please don't judge us all by gurramok's standards.

I wouldn't, put it badly, I meant the obsessive atheists like gonzo who spends all his time on the internet railing against God and Catholics while doing nothing real about the issues that bother him or anything for anyone in general. I would not class you in anything like that bracket optogirl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Strangely enough I was in hospital myself this year and spent a long time in and out of hospitals a couple of years ago while a relative was dying and I can honestly say I did not see anything that would suggest to me in anyway, shape or form that they were in any type of Catholic control. So it shows the obsessive nonsensical rant you have been on for the last while. You really need to get a life for yourself if you have managed to dedicate so much time to something like this at a time when the economy is going belly up and people are struggling with real problems. Find something to volunteer for and make use of your time a little more constructively than spending your time on the internet.

So says the man that is supposed to be working in the Dept of Justice:rolleyes:

Where do you get all the time, in prison?:D

WRONG. You got your knickers in a twist when somebody in a hospital asked you a perfectly acceptable question in order to fill in your form. You then went on a ludicrous rant about how the hospitals are mistreating non-catholics, children are being molested in hospitals etc and anyone who disagrees with you is a militant catholic. If you wanted to discuss the church's control on education there are several threads where you could do this however you have shown to be nonsensical, incomprehensible and insulting to both atheists and religious alike so I'm not sure how welcome you would be.

You're wrong young alleged athiest. So you are perfectly content with Catholic control over vital institutions, sure yes and the Pope is not a Catholic:rolleyes:

We work for organisations like Child Voice International teaching life skills to teenage girls who were former child soldiers, giving them a basic education, teach them English and craft skills so they can provide for themselves an their kids.

THIS MUST BE STOPPED!

Its about time you did some good instead of wishing people not to wake up in the mornings.

Thanks for the appreciation.

You're wrong young alleged athiest. So you are perfectly content with Catholic control over vital institutions, sure yes and the Pope is not a Catholic:rolleyes:

gurramok - you have resorted now to pretending to know people better than they know themselves. I am not allegedly anything. How dare you accuse me of believing in something I most definitely DO NOT.

gurramok - you have resorted now to pretending to know people better than they know themselves. I am not allegedly anything. How dare you accuse me of believing in something I most definitely DO NOT.

Why you content then? You're happy with religious control over a hospital and it does not bother you, that speaks volumes dear.

Its about time you did some good instead of wishing people not to wake up in the mornings.

I never wished you didn't wake up in the morning. Show me where I said that? Dear lord man you are really grasping at straws here.

Thanks for the appreciation.

I appreciate people who actually make a difference in others lives, regardless of their faith or lack thereof.
    I do not, however, appreciate keyboard warriors with an axe to grind and terrible grasp of the English language.

Why you content then? You're happy with religious control over a hospital and it does not bother you, that speaks volumes dear.

I am not your dear. I have never heard of anyone being mistreated or given substandard treatment in an Irish hospital because of their religion. Grow up and stop sniping at people who don't agree with you.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

It's ok optogirl. No one is allowed assume gurramok's religion but he's allowed assume our religions to the point that we're wrong when stating our OWN beliefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lightshow

alwaysadub wrote: »
    In case you need a blood transfusion maybe?
    Only reason i can think of.

Correct answer. Remember those parents a year or so ao who took the state to the courts because they didn't want their daughter given a blood transfusion as it was against their religion? The state won but now hospitals have to ask what religion new patients are.

Mad world!!!

I never wished you didn't wake up in the morning. Show me where I said that? Dear lord man you are really grasping at straws here.

I gave you proof of the post in #251 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251

I just hope you will not say that to any of the poor children on your mission just because one of them disagrees with your aspect of religion :D
    I appreciate people who actually make a difference in others lives, regardless of their faith or lack thereof.
    I do not, however, appreciate keyboard warriors with an axe to grind and terrible grasp of the English language.

Sure yeh, but you still have a problem with their faith in your resounding defence of Catholic influence in our schools & hospitals.

If you have a problem with the English language, go to the English language forum.
    I am not your dear. I have never heard of anyone being mistreated or given substandard treatment in an Irish hospital because of their religion. Grow up and stop sniping at people who don't agree with you.

I gave you evidence Opto, remember the Mater lung cancer trials?

• Advertisement

I gave you proof of the post in #251 http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68757839&postcount=251

I just hope you will not say that to any of the poor children on your mission just because one of them disagrees with your aspect of religion :D

Sure yeh, but you still have a problem with their faith in your resounding defence of Catholic influence in our schools & hospitals.

If you have a problem with the English language, go to the English language forum.

TRIALS being the operative word

That had nothing to do with the religion of the patients which is what you were asked about

TRIALS being the operative word

Did you read the article at all? You've been around long enough debating the subject in that you'd know that the trials were halted as they violated the Catholic ethos of the hospital.

That had nothing to do with the religion of the patients which is what you were asked about

Another who has not been following the article. Its quite ironic that I've been accused of not been able to read or write but yet there are posters who cannot grasp the article that was presented to them.

Yet again, the trials were halted as they violated the Catholic ethos of the hospital.

You gave me no proof that I wished you dead. I see no proof!

I am quite sure that after spending weeks at a time working with people I will grow rather attached to them, will have formed relationships with them and will, as such, care rather deeply for many of them. So I don't think you have anything to worry about there Gonzo.

I have no problem with anyones faith or lack thereof. I just have the ability to judge the Catholic Church objectively.

I have no such problem, it is you who who has an obvious problem with the English language. I'd recommend some English as a Foreign language classes for you, might help.

What proof? You linked to an article about a trial not going ahead.
    You do realise that if the trial went ahead, the patients would not have been able to benefit from already proven forms of care in that field as long as they were part of the trial?
    Meaning that instead of benefiting from years of expertise and clinically proven methods of treating their illness they would have been exposed solely to an unproved method of treatment thus increasing their chances of the illness killing them?

Or is that too much of an obvious fact for you to understand?

You gave me no proof that I wished you dead. I see no proof!

Haha, you didn't care if I didn't wake up in the morning. Thats an uncaring attituide. Will you be telling the poor people about your uncaring attitude on your mission that?
    I am quite sure that after spending weeks at a time working with people I will grow rather attached to them, will have formed relationships with them and will, as such, care rather deeply for many of them. So I don't think you have anything to worry about there Gonzo.

Yes Gonzo. Its good to see you doing some missionary work. Will you be helping the poor here on your return?
    I have no problem with anyones faith or lack thereof. I just have the ability to judge the Catholic Church objectively.

Abysmal judgement which I have proved conclusively.
    What proof? You linked to an article about a trial not going ahead.
    You do realise that if the trial went ahead, the patients would not have been able to benefit from already proven forms of care in that field as long as they were part of the trial?
    Meaning that instead of benefiting from years of expertise and clinically proven methods of treating their illness they would have been exposed solely to an unproved method of treatment thus increasing their chances of the illness killing them?

Or is that too much of an obvious fact for you to understand?

All what if's and my explanation of those if's were proven to be correct by the new poster named Sparky.

They didn't even get to the 'what if' stage as the trials were halted based on religious grounds.

Haha, you didn't care if I didn't wake up in the morning. Thats an uncaring attituide. Will you be telling the poor people about your uncaring attitude on your mission that?

Seriously - what is your problem? You cannot stand to see somebody do some good? Or is it that you just have to keep getting baseless digs in to make yourself feel better?

Its good to see you doing some missionary work. Will you be helping the poor here on your return?

Will you?

Abysmal judgement which I have proved conclusively.

You have proved one thing conclusively but if I say what it is I will be banned

Another who has not been following the article. Its quite ironic that I've been accused of not been able to read or write but yet there are posters who cannot grasp the article that was presented to them.

Yet again, the trials were halted as they violated the Catholic ethos of the hospital.

Exactly NOTHING to do with the religion of the patients. For gods sake it's not that hard to read a post properly

Seriously - what is your problem? You cannot stand to see somebody do some good? Or is it that you just have to keep getting baseless digs in to make yourself feel better?

How is it good that a person who is supposed to do missionary work does not care if I wake up in the morning?

In contrast, i've wished every poster to live as long as possible, you can get proof of that in this very thread.
    Will you?

How? I'm from the ghetto, i'm already poor.

• Advertisement

Exactly NOTHING to do with the religion of the patients. For gods sake it's not that hard to read a post properly

You need to read posts properly.

Go back to the article again. What the patients did violated Catholic teachings hence the trials were blocked. Where did I say it was to do with their religion?:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement