Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

gurramok wrote: »
    How is it good that a person who is supposed to do missionary work does not care if I wake up in the morning?

Perhaps, and you may find this hard to understand, him not caring either way is because it would have no effect on him one way or the other. Same as you wishing us to live as long as possible will in no way alter whether we do or not. Get over yourself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Haha, you didn't care if I didn't wake up in the morning. Thats an uncaring attituide. Will you be telling the poor people about your uncaring attitude on your mission that?

I don't care whether or not I eat Chicken in the next few days, doesn't mean I wish to never eat chicken again. Your leaps of (il)logic are astounding. I am clearly going on a missions trip BECAUSE I care, why else would I travle around the world for a year living on $1.25 a day, risking malaria, parasites and worse, not being able to shower for up to 4 weeks at a time, eating rice and beans every day for a months at a time, giving up my life for a year? This isn't the sort of thing people do "for the craic".

Yes Gonzo. Its good to see you doing some missionary work. Will you be helping the poor here on your return?
    You are Gonzo, silly boy, not me!
    And to answer your question, I already do. My Church has just bought a food trailer which we will use to distribute food, blankets, sleeping bags and clothes to homeless people.
    Abysmal judgement which I have proved conclusively.
    You have proven nothing. You have spouted utter nonsense for 50 pages now. Time to give up.

All what if's and my explanation of those if's were proven to be correct by the new poster named Sparky.

They didn't even get to the 'what if' stage as the trials were halted based on religious grounds.

Even IF the board approved the trial, people still have to volunteer for it. And lets be honest. You're in hospital with a terminal illness. Doctor A and Doctor B are offering you treatments.

Doctor A: I can give you a treatment with a proven success rate and years of medical knowledge and experience in this treatment.

Doctor B: I have an unproven treatment that MAY be quicker/cheaper/easier. However, to use this treatment you have to stop all other treatments as we have to see how this treatment does by itself, because that's what a clinical trial is.

I can tell you, right now, most people would tell Doctor B to get lost.

You need to read posts properly.

Go back to the article again. What the patients did violated Catholic teachings hence the trials were blocked. Where did I say it was to do with their religion?:confused:

are you fuc*king serious?

optogirl wrote: »

I actually think he is, which is the scary part, because either he misread the thing or he's somehow managed to convince himself he is right...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

You need to read posts properly.

Go back to the article again. What the patients did violated Catholic teachings hence the trials were blocked. Where did I say it was to do with their religion?:confused:

By answering optogirls questions that's exactly what you implied. Again read properly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Seaneh wrote: »
    I actually think he is, which is the scary part, because either he misread the thing or he's somehow managed to convince himself he is right...
    By answering optogirls questions that's exactly what you implied. Again read properly!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph people, read the damn article.:mad:
    ARTICLE wrote:
    because females undergoing treatment were advised to take contraception or abstain from sex. The proposal to use the drug had already been approved by the ethics committee in Tallaght hospital but the sub committee of the Mater board argued that advising women to use contraception was against Catholic doctrine.

and I've been accused of not been able to read:rolleyes:

Because you clearly can't.

Also, for someone who doesn't believe in him, you use my saviors name quite a bit.

I don't care whether or not I eat Chicken in the next few days, doesn't mean I wish to never eat chicken again. Your leaps of (il)logic are astounding. I am clearly going on a missions trip BECAUSE I care, why else would I travle around the world for a year living on $1.25 a day, risking malaria, parasites and worse, not being able to shower for up to 4 weeks at a time, eating rice and beans every day for a months at a time, giving up my life for a year? This isn't the sort of thing people do "for the craic".

Where is the similarity in caring for your own personal gain and caring for humans?

You are Gonzo, silly boy, not me!
    And to answer your question, I already do. My Church has just bought a food trailer which we will use to distribute food, blankets, sleeping bags and clothes to homeless people.

Thats good to hear Gonzo if its true. I might just bump into you on the streets then. I just hope you don't discriminate on religious grounds when distributing the gear.
    You have proven nothing. You have spouted utter nonsense for 50 pages now. Time to give up.

You cannot judge the Catholic Church objectively, you are biased.

Even IF the board approved the trial, people still have to volunteer for it. And lets be honest. You're in hospital with a terminal illness. Doctor A and Doctor B are offering you treatments.

Doctor A: I can give you a treatment with a proven success rate and years of medical knowledge and experience in this treatment.

Doctor B: I have an unproven treatment that MAY be quicker/cheaper/easier. However, to use this treatment you have to stop all other treatments as we have to see how this treatment does by itself, because that's what a clinical trial is.

I can tell you, right now, most people would tell Doctor B to get lost.

And what if A was not available? You see, there lies the problem. B never had a hope of success due to religious interference.:mad:

I still see nothing that has anything to do with the religion of the patients

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Oho, Catholic in denial? Suspicious stuff altogether.
    Nah you weren't accused of anything. It was merely a statement of an objective fact.

• Advertisement

This is like groundhog day but I...can't....stop....replying....

I still see nothing that has anything to do with the religion of the patients

So? That is not the issue here in this case. Jesus girl, read the part of the article again.
    because females undergoing treatment were advised to take contraception or abstain from sex. The proposal to use the drug had already been approved by the ethics committee in Tallaght hospital but the sub committee of the Mater board argued that advising women to use contraception was against Catholic doctrine.

What part do you not understand now?:confused:
    Oho, Catholic in denial? Suspicious stuff altogether.

Welcome back youngster ;)

Its everyday slang. You'd know that already wouldn't you :rolleyes:

Where is the similarity in caring for your own personal gain and caring for humans?

So if there is no personal gain, why would I bother doing it unless I cared about helping other people? Explain that there Gonzo?
    Thats good to hear Gonzo if its true. I might just bump into you on the streets then. I just hope you don't discriminate on religious grounds when distributing the gear.

Yes, because there is actually a secret underworld of homeless AGI members who we are aiming to support with out efforts, no filthy Catholics/Church of Ireland/Muslim/Hindu/Agnostic/Atheist's will be getting our sleeping bags.

Well done. Tool.

You cannot judge the Catholic Church objectively, you are biased.

I'm biased? The mind, it boggles.

And what if A was not available? You see, there lies the problem. B never had a hope of success due to religious interference.:mad:

But A is available and B will be tested elsewhere so your "argument" is flawed.

Also, it has NOTHING to do with the religion or lack thereof of the patients. The trail was stopped because of the Ethos of the hospital!

I honestly think you need help on several levels. If you want I could forward you details of where you can go and get an A.Q. Evaluation, Psychiatric Evaluations, English Reading Lessons and maybe the number of the hospital so if you really give a flying **** you can ring them and make a complaint.

Stop winking at me ye auld freak. :pac:
    Yeah I do actually. You'd want to take care of your eyes. You keep on rolling them every second and you might get a disconnected retina.

So if there is no personal gain, why would I bother doing it unless I cared about helping other people? Explain that there Gonzo?

Gonzo, you compared human caring to the the "craic". NOw, why don;t you show equal caring to me?
    Yes, because there is actually a secret underworld of homeless AGI members who we are aiming to support with out efforts, no filthy Catholics/Church of Ireland/Muslim/Hindu/Agnostic/Atheist's will be getting our sleeping bags.

Well done. Tool.

Getting abusive again?

You obviously do not see the comparison between religious interference in trials and no interference in your charity.
    I'm biased? The mind, it boggles.

Yes, i showed you how in your posts.

But A is available and B will be tested elsewhere so your "argument" is flawed.

Also, it has NOTHING to do with the religion or lack thereof of the patients. The trail was stopped because of the Ethos of the hospital!

Yet another who hasn't a clue.
    Article wrote:

Where does it say religious patients in that? Go on, show us.

Gonzo, you compared human caring to the the "craic". NOw, why don;t you show equal caring to me?

What?

You obviously do not see the comparison between religious interference in trials and no interference in your charity.

What?

Getting abusive again?

Yes, i showed you how in your posts.

Yet another who hasn't a clue.

Where does it say religious patients in that? Go on, show us.

You were asked to give proof that patients in Irish hospitals were discriminated against because of their religion or lack thereof.
    You started ****ing on about the trails in response saying that the trials were stopped because of the patients offending catholic values.

You obviously can't comprehend ANYTHING.

As for you other points, they are so retarded that I won't even bother addressing them further than this.

Stop winking at me ye auld freak. :pac:

Now now :D;)
    Yeah I do actually. You'd want to take care of your eyes. You keep on rolling them every second and you might get a disconnected retina.

If I was a woman and took contraceptives, would you deny me treatment for my eyes at your doctors clinic on religious grounds? (Kerry example):confused:

If I was a woman and took contraceptives, would you deny me treatment for my eyes at your doctors clinic on religious grounds? (Kerry example):confused:

words random nonsense anything smiley face?

What?

What?
    words random nonsense anything smiley face?

Look, you are a poster of very few words. Have you anything to contribute?

• Advertisement

Look, you are a poster of very few words. Have you anything to contribute?

I do, I do but unfortunatley I seem to have to keep repeating myself against a barrage of nonsense.

You were asked to give proof that patients in Irish hospitals were discriminated against because of their religion or lack thereof.
    You started ****ing on about the trails in response saying that the trials were stopped because of the patients offending catholic values.

Correct, about bleein time you see it.

I'm quoting official sources my friend. Where are your sources?

Actually, none of the religious posters have offered a single source throughout this thread. All we got was misguided passion.

I do, I do but unfortunatley I seem to have to keep repeating myself against a barrage of nonsense.

No nonsense from me here. Answer the question then.
    If I was a woman and took contraceptives, would you deny me treatment for my eyes at your doctors clinic on religious grounds? (Kerry example)

Would you?

So? That is not the issue here in this case. Jesus girl, read the part of the article again.

What part do you not understand now?:confused:

That's now what you were asked though was it? READ THE ****ING QUESTION

Would you?

Very hard to understand the question as it's so badly phrased. First I have to pretend that you are a woman, I am a doctor, I am religious and am anti-contraception. None of which is true. How could I possibly know what I would do in an alternate universe?

I was a woman and took contraceptives,

/slowly backs away

Correct, about bleein time you see it.

I'm quoting official sources my friend. Where are your sources?

Actually, none of the religious posters have offered a single source throughout this thread. All we got was misguided passion.

The trial being stopped had NOTHING to do with the patients religion or lack thereof.

YOU ARE MAKING STUFF UP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Wow; another 20 pages in the last 18 hours.....:D

Still talking about issues such as conscientious objection, I see. Did you ever find the doctor's code of ethics that underpins these issues? It really is the starting ground for anyone who wants to be taken seriously on these issues.

No......?

Would you?

Nobody was denied anything because they were on contraceptives.
    Where does it say they were?!?!?!

YOU ARE MAKING STUFF UP.

• Advertisement

Very hard to understand the question as it's so badly phrased. First I have to pretend that you are a woman, I am a doctor, I am religious and am anti-contraception. None of which is true. How could I possibly know what I would do in an alternate universe?

Well, if you were, what would you do?
    The trial being stopped had NOTHING to do with the patients religion or lack thereof.

Eh, duh!!

Where did I say that? Quote it. Of course, evidence is your very weak point.
    Nobody was denied anything because they were on contraceptives.
    Where does it say they were?!?!?!

YOU ARE MAKING STUFF UP.

The Kerry article. Are you actually following the thread at all? Keep up fella.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement