Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

gurramok wrote: »

If I was a woman and took contraceptives, would you deny me treatment for my eyes at your doctors clinic on religious grounds? (Kerry example):confused:

In Kerry, a woman was denied a NON-ESSENTIAL prescription from a doctor at a PRIVATE GP's practice for the morning after pill.

She was not denied treatment or blocked from going elsewhere to get a prescription for the morning after pill.

And before you go pulling up the case at The Galway Clinic again. Galway Clinic is a PRIVATE hospital where consultants run PRIVATE practices. Whom they treat is entirely their choice. The Doctor involved runs a fertility clinic for MARRIED couples, he does however refer any perspective unmarried couples seeking his treatment to other doctors who run practices that cater of their desires.

Both examples you gave happened in PRIVATE PRACTICES. Your "argument" is, as always, wrong. You haven't been right about a single thing in this thread.

Nobody was refused treatment because of their religious beliefs or lack there of.

YOU ARE MAKING STUFF UP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

drkpower wrote: »
    Wow; another 20 pages in the last 18 hours.....:D

Still talking about issues such as conscientious objection, I see. Did you ever find the doctor's code of ethics that underpins these issues? It really is the starting ground for anyone who wants to be taken seriously on these issues.

No......?

Oh welcome back Dr. drkpower. Did you find the code of ethics as you are supposed to be a genius in this area?

Maybe you are a witchdoctor and not a real doctor after all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

What Seaneh said...
    Seaneh wrote: »
    In Kerry, a woman was denied a NON-ESSENTIAL prescription from a doctor at a PRIVATE GP's practice for the morning after pill.

She was not denied treatment or blocked from going elsewhere to get a prescription for the morning after pill.

And before you go pulling up the case at The Galway Clinic again. Galway Clinic is a PRIVATE hospital where consultants run PRIVATE practices. Whom they treat is entirely their choice. The Doctor involved runs a fertility clinic for MARRIED couples, he does however refer any perspective unmarried couples seeking his treatment to other doctors who run practices that cater of their desires.

Both examples you gave happened in PRIVATE PRACTICES. Your "argument" is, as always, wrong. You haven't been right about a single thing in this thread.

What gurramok heard
    BZZZZZZ.... I'M A CATHOLIC AND I HATE YOU BZZZZZZ....

The Kerry article. Are you actually following the thread at all? Keep up fella.

You have managed to confuse yourself. This is hilarious.

Nobody was refused treatment because of their religious beliefs or lack there of.

The GP practice serves patients from the public. Your last line is one of hypocrisy.

The woman was refused by her doctor as it went against the doctors religious beliefs. She should not have to travel all the way to Cork for treatment.

That is, a sterling case of a doctor using religious grounds to deny treatment to a member of the public.

You are wrong again Sir.

• Advertisement

The GP practice serves patients from the public. Your last line is one of hypocrisy.

The woman was refused by her doctor as it went against the doctors religious beliefs. She should not have to travel all the way to Cork for treatment.

That is, a sterling case of a doctor using religious grounds to deny treatment to a member of the public.

You are wrong again Sir.

No, you have just proved that you are an idiot, again. Well done.

Awesome 5000th post =D

The GP practice serves patients from the public.
    But is privately run. Do keep up with the thread :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:;););)
    Your last line is one of hypocrisy.
    Dictionaries are getting fairly cheap.

You are wrong again Sir.
    Talking to yourself - First signs of old age and/or madness.

What Seaneh said...

What gurramok heard

BZZZZZZ.... I'M A CATHOLIC AND I HATE YOU BZZZZZZ....

In the schoolyard are we?

You have managed to confuse yourself. This is hilarious.

No, you managed to confuse yourself Mr Seaneh.

Remember you thought I had said it was the patients religion in the trials(loads of evidence), that was very funny as you could not back up I had said such a thing. You got mixed up, a bit of basic comprehension would of helped you.

Now get off your high horse as you're riding it backwards :D

No, you have just proved that you are an idiot, again. Well done.

Awesome 5000th post =D

What an idiotic 5000th post. Think before you post.

In the schoolyard are we?
    Yeah, sure, why not?

/Take notes everyone, it's rare that we see a case where people lose track of their location so quickly.

• Advertisement

Yeah, sure, why not?

/Take notes everyone, it's rare that we see a case where people lose track of their location so quickly.

Especially for you.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1022

Yeah it's pretty rare for me. Haven't seen many people with the condition.

No one wants to know that you browse Primary and Pre School forums either.

No one wants to know that you browse Primary and Pre School forums either.

Only certain Catholic clergy do that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Can someone please drag this thread out the back and shoot it in the head.

Page 70.

Morlar wrote: »
    But the thread's Catholic. Only the fecking pagan threads get that sort of treatment.

But the thread's Catholic. Only the fecking pagan threads get that sort of treatment.

Are we going to need a paypal-telethon to pay off the moderators to get rid of this thing ?

Page 70.

Page 26 on my screen:confused:

At least the Pagan does not invoke Pagan doctrine ;)

I can see more clearly because mine was blessed by the pope.

Are we going to need a paypal-telethon to pay off the moderators to get rid of this thing ?
    They'll take your money for the Church of boards.ie, call you a pagan and then deny you life-saving treatment and then they'll forcibly transplant all your internal organs (Barring your durrty pagan brain) without anesthetic.

It's the boards.ie ethos and codes of ethics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Seaneh, amn't I correct in saying that you're an Evangelical Christian?

gurramok: It's becoming incredibly tedious to hear you accuse everyone who disagrees with your viewpoint as being Roman Catholic. Why not just take people on their word?
    Personally, I agree with you in part. It would be probably more effective if all hospitals were multidenominational in character. Even if this were the case you'd be asked about your religion or lack thereof.
    You mention the 86% and the 14%. The difference between those in the 14% and the 86% of the population that move towards more vocal atheism / agnosticism is that generally the other 14% are quite happy with the way things are.

• Advertisement

And mine says 53, you see, different people have different view settings for boards.

Gob****e.

Jakkass wrote: »
    Seaneh, amn't I correct in saying that you're an Evangelical Christian?

gurramok: It's becoming incredibly tedious to hear you accuse everyone who disagrees with your viewpoint as being Roman Catholic. Why not just take people on their word?
    Personally, I agree with you in part. It would be probably more effective if all hospitals were multidenominational in character. Even if this were the case you'd be asked about your religion or lack thereof.
    You mention the 86% and the 14%. The difference between those in the 14% and the 86% of the population that move towards more vocal atheism / agnosticism is that generally the other 14% are quite happy with the way things are.

Jakkass, shouldn't all Christians evangelize?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

And mine says 53, you see, different people have different view settings for boards.

Gob****e.
    Are you disrespecting his user settings?:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Jakkass, shouldn't all Christians evangelize?

Absolutely. Unfortunately we're at the stage where we have to attach labels to prove to gurramok that we're not covert Catholics :pac:

Gob****e.

Oh Lord, what a very unChristian thing to say:D

Jakkass wrote: »
    Absolutely. Unfortunately we're at the stage where we have to attach labels to prove to gurramok that we're not covert Catholics :pac:

Thought you were mature enough Jakkass to know that my basis was not on labels but from posters staunch defending of the Catholic Ethos.

I've been labelled every offensive name under the sun in the name of said posters and I notice you have not said a word about that.:mad:

Oh Lord, what a very unChristian thing to say:D

You see, as a Christian I accept that I am not perfect and that I need God's forgiveness. If I tried to act as if I was perfect I would be a hypocrite, like you. I merely try my best to be as good a Christian as I can.

I fall short of the glory of God in every imaginable way every single second of every single day, but he has forgiven me.

God is kinda cool like that.

You see, as a Christian I accept that I am not perfect and that I need God's forgiveness. If I tried to act as if I was perfect I would be a hypocrite, like you. I merely try my best to be as good a Christian as I can.

I fall short of the glory of God in every imaginable way every single second of every single day, but he has forgiven me.

God is kinda cool like that.

Bless you son. Does he allow you a quota of curses to aim at me?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Oh welcome back Dr. drkpower. Did you find the code of ethics as you are supposed to be a genius in this area?

Maybe you are a witchdoctor and not a real doctor after all :D

I have one in front of me. But this test was actually for you. If you cant even find - nevermind read, understand & absorb - a publically available (online) document that sets out the basic ethical standards for doctors, your opinions on an questions that centre on medical ethics are essentially worthless.

But I think everyone has realised that already.

• Advertisement

Bless you son. Does he allow you a quota of curses to aim at me?

He forgives all of my sins. I am dressed in glorious white and washed in the blood of the lamb in His eyes. As far as He is concerned, I am sinless.
    I love my Daddy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement