Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'm partially in agreement with you in that I believe hospitals are probably better run as multidenominational institutions, but as institutions where faith based services are adequately available. Indeed, doctors should be able to make conscience decisions about the best treatment of their patients.

As for you gurramok, I'm largely on good terms I think, but I think the argument is overly petty. You've moved on from having issues with being asked what religion you are (common question) to leap to other things involving hospitals which don't have anything to do with being asked about your religion or lack thereof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Seaneh wrote: »
    He forgives all of my sins. I am dressed in glorious white and washed in the blood of the lamb in his eyes. As far as he is concerned, I am sinless.
    I love my Daddy.

Yet again you cannot answer a question. Surprise surprise:rolleyes:

Are you saying your Novena's right now and hanging your rosary beads over the screen to beg forgiveness for your sins? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

For those who reckon Catholic control of most of the hospitals in the state has been a good/neutral thing I have four words:

"Mother and Child Scheme"
    Why would beliefs affect a newsagents?

I gave three examples. How many more do you need ?
    To be fair... Militant Atheists are far more vocal than militant theists.

Evidence ?
    gurramok wrote: »
    I am part of that 86.8%. Born and raised a Catholic
    Nobody is born catholic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Jakkass wrote: »
    Absolutely. Unfortunately we're at the stage where we have to attach labels to prove to gurramok that we're not covert Catholics :pac:

Just to answer your question, I have already, on several instances, stated that I am a member of an AGI church and as such a Pentecostal Christian (or Evangelical Christian if you wish).

drkpower wrote: »
    I have one in front of me. But this test was actually for you. If you cant even find - nevermind read, understand & absorb - a publically available (online) document that sets out the basic ethical standards for doctors, your opinions on an questions that centre on medical ethics are essentially worthless.

But I think everyone has realised that already.

Have you been drinking at Santa's bedside? Hohoho :D

I quoted a line from such guidelines to you earlier in the thread. Here's a cloth to wipe the egg of your face :D

• Advertisement

Yet again you cannot answer a question. Surprise surprise:rolleyes:

Are you saying your Novena's right now and hanging your rosary beads over the screen to beg forgiveness for your sins? :D

Novena's? Rosary beads?
    I have no need for such things.

I answered your question by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

Have you been drinking at Santa's bedside? Hohoho :D

I quoted a line from such guidelines to you earlier in the thread. Here's a cloth to wipe the egg of your face :D

I must have missed it......;) Quote the post number or if you have read them, just post the website link. Very easy.

Novena's? Rosary beads?
    I have no need for such things.

I answered your question by the way.

Whats the quota of curses allowed then?

Of are you just taking the p1ss out of him so you can do all you like as you know he will forgive you each time:rolleyes:

Whats the quota of curses allowed then?

Of are you just taking the p1ss out of him so you can do all you like as you know he will forgive you each time:rolleyes:

I try my best not to wears, sometimes I get annoyed and fail. Tis the nature of being a human.

As for a quota. Do you have a Quota for the amount of times you have to contradict yourself in a single thread? Is that why you are dragging this on endlessly?

I try my best not to wears, sometimes I get annoyed and fail. Tis the nature of being a human.

As for a quota. Do you have a Quota for the amount of times you have to contradict yourself in a single thread? Is that why you are dragging this on endlessly?

So you can endlessly hurl abuse and curse at me and you take God for granted on his forgiveness. Nice one, very Christian there.

No, I don't have a quota. Don't think I have ever cursed at someone in this thread. You can check that up if you bother to present evidence as we know presenting evidence to back up anything you say is indeed your Achilles Heel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

When grown adults have problems working out the differences between fantasy and reality we lock them up in dundrum.

When we walk into a hospital with a serious medical condition they ask us which fairy tale we have faith in before attending to our medical problem.

life, stranger than fiction.

ntlbell: Claiming something is fantasy is really limited. One can just as easily claim that atheism is based on a fantasy because it is based on denying God at the core of existence. Such terms are only useful in a childish argument, where one says "You're deluded", "No you're deluded" and so on.

Give us a post when you have something of substance to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

No big deal. I would of put down Protestant.

ntlbell wrote: »
    When we walk into a hospital with a serious medical condition they ask us which fairy tale we have faith in before attending to our medical problem.

Its gets worse than that.

Sometimes people get asked their religion when being selected for juries.

Having one doesnt usually preclude one from serving.

drkpower wrote: »
    I must have missed it......;) Quote the post number or if you have read them, just post the website link. Very easy.

hint: Loyalty 2nd hint: Use the search function, i'm not your slave just because you think you are superior than me just because you are religious ;):D

ntlbell: Claiming something is fantasy is really limited. One can just as easily claim that atheism is based on a fantasy because it is based on denying God at the core of existence. Such terms are only useful in a childish argument, where one says "You're deluded", "No you're deluded" and so on.

Give us a post when you have something of substance to say.

That makes no sense.

Beliving santa doesn't pop down the chimney doesn't make you deluded when santa doesn't really pop down the chimney?

an athiest belive's god does not exist, he doesn't, so how can it be a fantasy?

If you replace _religion_ with anything commonly belived as "fantasy" and you're over 18, you're locked up or put on strong drugs.

Yet when you go to the same place of treatment they ask which of the above fantasy's do you belive in before treatment.

it's frankly bizzare.

You are making a claim, I'd love to see the proof behind it.

There's a clear difference between Santa and God. In that there is much more that substantiates the Biblical text, and indeed the existence of Jesus (the fullness of God in flesh on this earth) in non-Christian history from the works of Flavius Josephus to the Babylonian Talmud than anything to do with Santa. There is evidence for Jesus as being a historical figure, and indeed on further investigation there is much that would lead to thinking that Jesus Himself is Lord over all.
    ntlbell wrote:

It's a fantasy with consequences if you are mistaken.

Atheists dont usually assign genders to non-existant entities :D

Prove God exists.

PS: try not to curse when explaining

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

So says the man that is supposed to be working in the Dept of Justice:rolleyes:

Where do you get all the time, in prison?:D

You continue to cast aspersions towards me about some of the stuff you do I will be reporting you, just keep that in mind before ya keep rattling on there gonzo.

huh?

that's like asking me to prove flying pigs don't exist?

Speak sense man.

How do you prove something based on faith? Thats the whole point. Its based on faith.

There's a clear difference between Santa and God. In that there is much more that substantiates the Biblical text, and indeed the existence of Jesus (the fullness of God in flesh on this earth) in non-Christian history from the works of Flavius Josephus to the Babylonian Talmud than anything to do with Santa. There is evidence for Jesus as being a historical figure, and indeed on further investigation there is much that would lead to thinking that Jesus Himself is Lord over all.

It's a fantasy with consequences if you are mistaken.

Because there's a book of fairy tales doesn't add any evidence of the existance of god.

You're christian I assume?

Do you know the consquences of all the other religions is that you don't belive in?

Consquences my friend, consequnces. I hope you didn't pick the wrong fairy tale :pac:

How is it good that a person who is supposed to do missionary work does not care if I wake up in the morning?

In contrast, i've wished every poster to live as long as possible, you can get proof of that in this very thread.

How? I'm from the ghetto, i'm already poor.

So people in the ghetto have the internet available to them 24 hours a day then, hell of a ghetto.

And ya still haven't told me how Miss Piggy and Kermit are.

You continue to cast aspersions towards me about some of the stuff you do I will be reporting you, just keep that in mind before ya keep rattling on there gonzo.

Reporting me to who, God?:rolleyes:

Perhaps Gonzo, you should look at dozens of your own name calling posts before reporting to the higher powers. Keep making a fool of yourself:D

Because there's a book of fairy tales doesn't add any evidence of the existance of god.

Well done on ignoring the fact that I have mentioned other historical sources apart from the Bible.
    You're christian I assume?

Yes.
    Do you know the consquences of all the other religions is that you don't belive in?

I've read a few. According to Islam I am a person of the book, and will be on the same standing as Muslims on the Day of Judgement. In other faiths which would hold to Reincarnation I get the chance to live as a cockroach if I do what is wrong. But yes, I have a vague familiarity.

I'm not hedging any bets though. I believe that Jesus is Lord, and I believe that there is strong reason for holding the beliefs that I do.
    Consquences my friend, consequnces. I hope you didn't pick the wrong fairy tale :pac:

See above :pac:

Stop winking at me ye auld freak. :pac:

Yeah I do actually. You'd want to take care of your eyes. You keep on rolling them every second and you might get a disconnected retina.

In fairness, it could join the other totally disconnected parts of him then.

Too much talk on religion these days. A real boring old subject in general.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Too much talk on religion these days. A real boring old subject in general.

yet it dragged your mouse over a link, clicked it and started typing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement