Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

So people in the ghetto have the internet available to them 24 hours a day then, hell of a ghetto.

And ya still haven't told me how Miss Piggy and Kermit are.

You should visit the ghetto some day, it will help get you out of your ivory tower :D

How is prison life then, you managed to get your allocated time on a PC, well done Gonzo. Do they like your HarryPotter childish movies in there? :P:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

gurramok wrote: »
    No nonsense from me here. Answer the question then.

Would you?

If you were a woman I would buy you the damn contraceptives myself to stop you having offspring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

ntlbell wrote: »
    yet it dragged your mouse over a link, clicked it and started typing.
    Just putting a bit of sense back into the thread. Seems some have forgot about the religion section on the forum.

If you were a woman I would buy you the damn contraceptives myself to stop you having offspring

You're not allowed as its against your religious beliefs ;):D (plus you need parole:D)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Jakkass wrote: »
    Well done on ignoring the fact that I have mentioned other historical sources apart from the Bible.

Yes.

I've read a few. According to Islam I am a person of the book, and will be on the same standing as Muslims on the Day of Judgement. In other faiths which would hold to Reincarnation I get the chance to live as a cockroach if I do what is wrong. But yes, I have a vague familiarity.

I'm not hedging any bets though. I believe that Jesus is Lord, and I believe that there is strong reason for holding the beliefs that I do.

See above :pac:

so i only have a 1% chance? as 99% of the other religions seems fairly handy come judgment day.

I'll sleep tonight.

• Advertisement

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Just putting a bit of sense back into the thread. Seems some have forgot about the religion section on the forum.

if you look at the threads in after hours nearly everyone of them could be put into one of the other fora.

Bless you son. Does he allow you a quota of curses to aim at me?

He did say an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth, we'd do a brain for a brain but we can't find anything as equally bad as yours to settle for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

so i only have a 1% chance? as 99% of the other religions seems fairly handy come judgment day.

Fairly handy and true are two different things I guess.

That makes no sense.

Beliving santa doesn't pop down the chimney doesn't make you deluded when santa doesn't really pop down the chimney?

an athiest belive's god does not exist, he doesn't, so how can it be a fantasy?

If you replace _religion_ with anything commonly belived as "fantasy" and you're over 18, you're locked up or put on strong drugs.

Yet when you go to the same place of treatment they ask which of the above fantasy's do you belive in before treatment.

it's frankly bizzare.

What I can't understand is why someone who doesn't believe in God gets so worked up because somebody does. Quite frankly I couldn't care less what someone else believes, I am too busy getting on with my own life. yet the fact I believe in God seems to cause many people issues.

Reporting me to who, God?:rolleyes:

Perhaps Gonzo, you should look at dozens of your own name calling posts before reporting to the higher powers. Keep making a fool of yourself:D

We can test your theory out if you so desire.

• Advertisement

What I can't understand is why someone who doesn't believe in God gets so worked up because somebody does. Quite frankly I couldn't care less what someone else believes, I am too busy getting on with my own life. yet the fact I believe in God seems to cause many people issues.

What makes you think I'm worked up.

I just made an observation, I'm hardly baying for blood.

you just get on with your life yet you're hammering away in a thread about someone commenting on your religion.

Discussion board.

We discuss.

You just get on with your life, and leave people to discuss then I guess.

You beliving in god has no baring on my life, the same way you running around your house half naked using your penis for a magic wand wouldn't affect me.

You're not allowed as its against your religious beliefs ;):D (plus you need parole:D)

See, theres the thing, you have no idea what my beliefs on contraceptives are. Shows how stupid your assumptions on everyone in here is.

What makes you think I'm worked up.

I just made an observation, I'm hardly baying for blood.

you just get on with your life yet you're hammering away in a thread about someone commenting on your religion.

Discussion board.

We discuss.

You just get on with your life, and leave people to discuss then I guess.

You beliving in god has no baring on my life, the same way you running around your house half naked using your penis for a magic wand wouldn't affect me.

If you look at the post they are very anti-Catholic and every snide remark he makes is directed towards the beliefs of people, even the people who have quite blatantly stated they are not Catholics and not even religious. Thats where it becomes a problem. personally I would like a hospital to have on record what "fairytale" I believe in so that if anything happens to me I can get the last rites. Should I be offended if they don't ask me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

yet it dragged your mouse over a link, clicked it and started typing.

You know I cant believe this thread has gone on for so long. Im getting very tired of it at this stage but I have a brilliant idea to put a stop to it. Ill bump it back up to the top of the board once again and then go off bothering some of the mods by expecting them to take my demands that they lock it seriously.............:rolleyes:

If you look at the post they are very anti-Catholic and every snide remark he makes is directed towards the beliefs of people, even the people who have quite blatantly stated they are not Catholics and not even religious. Thats where it becomes a problem. personally I would like a hospital to have on record what "fairytale" I believe in so that if anything happens to me I can get the last rites. Should I be offended if they don't ask me?

Well I'm sure lots of people would like different things before they die or just after. Like I wouldn't mind an aul brandy.

I have informed people should the time come, what brandy to bring :pac:

Why the next of kin can't inform the hospital after any reuquests/religious belif's etc etc

Should I be offended if they don't ask me is any reuqustes I have when I walk in for medical treatment?

Maybe I'll inform the receptionist the next time what brandy I want should anything happen

Don't try and use religion to warp my mind into your beliefs. That ain't hard to ask is it?
    We can test your theory out if you so desire.

Your theory on anything religious is well no theory at all. You believe in fairy tales, i don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Don't try and use religion to warp my mind
    It's already warped. You'll have to take our word.
    You believe in fairy tales, i don't.
    Bit creepy going snooping around people checking whether or not they believe in Cinderella. Each to their own, I suppose.

It's already warped. You'll have to take our word.

Tryin to warp my mind with religious nonsense, thats a grade of NG son.
    Bit creepy going snooping around people checking whether or not they believe in Cinderella. Each to their own, I suppose.

:confused:

Tryin to warp my mind with religious nonsense, thats a grade of NG son.
    There's no need to further warp your mind.

:confused:
    :confused: indeed

There's no need to further warp your mind.

Are you studying for the priesthood? You'd wanna try harder to twist my mind as a slave to religion.

• Advertisement

Are you studying for the priesthood?
    Yeah I am. Now you can call me a secondary student who's studying medicine but really wants to be a professor of English (Who will fail apparently) but above all wants to join the priesthood of a church he doesn't belong to.
    You'd wanna try harder to twist my mind as a slave to religion.
    Fight tha powah! Still a rebel even in his senility :pac:

Yeah I am. Now you can call me a secondary student who's studying medicine but really wants to be a professor of English (Who will fail apparently) but above all wants to join the priesthood of a church he doesn't belong to.

Fight tha powah! Still a rebel even in his senility :pac:

Make up your mind. Professor of English is certainly not your area :D

There are vacancies at the religious colleges, why not apply for a future job in the priesthood as you are a very holy person ;)

Make up your mind. Professor of English is certainly not your area :D
    I already have made up my mind. You just can't read well enough to distinguish between "aiming to study medicine" and "studying medicine". I actually feel embarrassed for you. Appalling spelling, grammar and sentence structure yet somehow you were top of a HL English class. Either you're lying or you're going senile OR your class just sucked.
    There are vacancies at the religious colleges, why not apply for a future job in the priesthood as you are a very holy person ;)
    What and deny you your rightful place? You're as Catholic as they come.

In any case, would you mind not inventing things about me and then posting it? And less of the winking if you will... It makes us all feel awkward.

I already have made up my mind. You just can't read well enough to distinguish between "aiming to study medicine" and "studying medicine". I actually feel embarrassed for you. Appalling spelling, grammar and sentence structure yet somehow you were top of a HL English class. Either you're lying or you're going senile OR your class just sucked.

What? Do you need grinds? I can help you, I won't charge you much ;)
    What and deny you your rightful place? You're as Catholic as they come.

Yes, and you're Lucifer :D
    In any case, would you mind not inventing things about me and then posting it? And less of the winking if you will... It makes us all feel awkward.

Smiley Police now?

It is peculiar how religious posters don't like smileys, ye all can't be miserable? :D

What? Do you need grinds? I can help you, I won't charge you much ;)
    No thanks. Generally people who fail at a subject don't offer grinds to other people. Seriously, just stop embarrassing yourself.
    Yes, and you're Lucifer biggrin.gif
    You just won't give up, will you? I haven't set foot in a Catholic church for years. Since i'm a "lunatic religious fanatic" as you seem to think surely I would not lie over my religion. But then again logic isn't your strong point.

Smiley Police now?
    Idiocy police more like.
    It is peculiar how religious posters don't like smileys, ye all can't be miserable? :D
    It's not religious people who hate smileys. It's people having to wade through a wall of smileys before reading your BS that hate emoticons.

You've embarrassed yourself far too many times throughout this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if you became a running joke on AH thanks to this thread.

No thanks. Generally people who fail at a subject don't offer grinds to other people. Seriously, just stop embarrassing yourself.

Who said you would fail? You'd pass with flying colours after I teach you.
    You just won't give up, will you? I haven't set foot in a Catholic church for years. Since i'm a "lunatic religious fanatic" as you seem to think surely I would not lie over my religion. But then again logic isn't your strong point.

Its not very Christian to lie, you should stop as you will slip to the doors of hell.

Idiocy police more like.
    ;):D :P
    It's not religious people who hate smileys. It's people having to wade through a wall of smileys before reading your BS that hate emoticons.

You've embarrassed yourself far too many times throughout this thread. I wouldn't be surprised if you became a running joke on AH thanks to this thread.

Joke is on you partyman, you are not much of a party person are you when you hate smileys? :D

Who said you would fail? You'd pass with flying colours after I teach you.
    You said it yourself pages ago. In any case anyone taught anything by you wouldn't improve, they'd deteriorate.
    Its not very Christian to lie, you should stop as you will slip to the doors of hell.

Just give up your ramblings and find yourself a counselor.

Joke is on you partyman, you are not much of a party person are you when you hate smileys? :D
    Keep the sh1te "humour" to yourself thanks.

You said it yourself pages ago. In any case anyone taught anything by you wouldn't improve, they'd deteriorate.

Nope, I would teach you the best and I would not discriminate against you because you are Catholic. I would never deny you educational treatment just because I do not believe in God.
    Just give up your ramblings and find yourself a counselor.

A religious one?:D

Keep the sh1te "humour" to yourself thanks.

I'm fascinated. Why are religious people not happy? (no smiley..hehe)

Nope, I would teach you the best and I would not discriminate against you because you are Catholic. I would never deny you educational treatment just because I do not believe in God.
    You couldn't teach a rock how to sit still. Not even a non-catholic rock.

A religious one?biggrin.gif
    Whoever deals with cases like yourself.
    I'm fascinated. Why are religious people not happy? (no smiley..hehe)
    It's not just religious people that get pissed off by the BS posts you make in broken English.

• Advertisement

You couldn't teach a rock how to sit still. Not even a non-catholic rock.

A bit hard to comprehend are we? :D

I've enlightened you to the religious discrimination that happens in our country. Thank me later when you turn away from religion. ;)
    Whoever deals with cases like yourself.

Who?
    It's not just religious people that get pissed off by the BS posts you make in broken English.

Is this an attempt at a sense of humour? :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement