Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

gurramok wrote: »

Sleep well, I wish you wake up peacefully in the morning unlike Seaneh who didn't care if I did not wake up at all.

Still crying about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

drkpower wrote: »
    I did; couldnt find it.

Now stop hiding and lying. Its very dishonest. And entirely transparent. Even give me the full title of the doctor's code......... no.....didnt think so..

I gave you a hint. It ain't my problem if you cannot use the search function:rolleyes:

Still all ears to hear your version of the ethics!
    It pains me to post again in this drivel that passes for a thread, but on the point of religion in hospitals when I was in hospital at 9 back in the days when it would be said Catholicism still had a tight grip on this country ( 1979 ) the clergyman who visited the Childrens Ward every day was the local Church of Ireland clergyman. he was a wonderfully kind man who always brought a smile and, more importantly, second hand comics he had persuaded people to give him. He visited every day and always brought a smile to everyones faces. My deeply catholic mother had absolutely no problem with this. As an adult when I heard of his death I felt sad because he had spent so much time helping Children who were in hospital and away from their parents. Such a damnable pervasive Catholic influence in hospitals wasn't it.

Yes or no please.

"You agree now that the Catholic Church should relinquish control from our hospitals and schools. "
    optogirl wrote: »
    Yes - the last 10 years of my life have been an elaborate ruse in order to one day infiltrate a thread on boards and claim to be an atheist. Why don't you go and have a look at other areas on boards where I have made my feelings on the RCC perfectly clear. Just because I think you are exaggerating the problem and ranting in an incomprehensible and insulting way DOES NOT MEAN I AM A CATHOLIC. Infact, as I have stated, I have officially left the catholic church and don't believe in god/s at all.
    While I am all for seperation of the church and state, the point of your thread is that you are insulted because you were asked your religion. As has been pointed out to you in several responses, this is standard practice in all hospitals, globally and is in order that patients are treated according to the tenets of their religion. Now please stop slamming people simply for thinking you are wrong. And please, no more rolling eyes.

Since when have smileys been banned?:confused::rolleyes:

Whats your answer to this?:confused:

Say a yes or no to
    "You agree now that the Catholic Church should relinquish control from our hospitals and schools. "

ah, the church of gurramok! How many crisp packets do I have to collect to join?

None. Just be nice to your fellow human being unlike the missionary.

Still crying about this?

I am mature enough not to cry thanks very much;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

I gave you a hint. It ain't my problem if you cannot use the search function:rolleyes:

So you cant name the post number or link to the code or even give me the title of the code......... interesting...

Tell you what; lets try this; Im looking at a copy of the code right now; there is animal on the front cover. Do you know what animal it is.....?

This should be an easy one for you.......:D

Teeheeheeheeeeeeeeehoooooooodiddlydyhoooooooooo:D

So you cant name the post number or link to the code or even give me the title of the code......... interesting...

Tell you what; lets try this; Im looking at a copy of the code right now; there is animal on the front cover. Do you know what animal it is.....?

This should be an easy one for you.......:D

Teeheeheeheeeeeeeeehoooooooodiddlydyhoooooooooo:D

It ain't my fault you are lazy. Maybe you should try googling as you clearly haven't a clue, that should be easy for you darkpower.

I'm not telling you whats on the cover. Hohohoho, green gianttttt. Perhaps? :D

• Advertisement

I'm not telling you whats on the cover.

But you claim you told me previously what is inside the cover....how puzzling....:D:D:D

Isnt it strange how some people like to publically humiliate themselves.....repeatedly.

But you claim you told me previously what is inside the cover....how puzzling....:D:D:D

Isnt it strange how some people like to publically humiliate themselves.....repeatedly.

You are tripping over yourself fellow, humiliation is at your end. Go on, tell all us inferior beings what you think is inside the cover, don't be shy now ;)

You are tripping over yourself fellow, humiliation is at your end. Go on, tell all us inferior beings what you think is inside the cover, don't be shy now ;)

Well lets see now, there is an animal on the front cover..... it is green though.....
    And the cover is a bluish-greeny colour......
    And there are 64 pages and there is one Appendix, Appendix A.....

Tell me, since you have read the document, how many 'sections' are there.........?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Everyone... Just leave him to his own devices. I think we can all agree that there is something not quite right with him on a neurological level. In medical terms he appears to have a cognitive deficiency and a personality disorder. Any passing doctor or psychiatrist can feel free to expand on that.

Well lets see now, there is an animal on the front cover..... it is green though.....
    And the cover is a bluish-greeny colour......
    And there are 64 pages and there is one Appendix, Appendix A.....

Tell me, since you have read the document, how many 'sections' are there.........?

Too many sections. They'd want to sectoralise it a bit less into less sections as the sectoralism of the document is too sectionalised, don't ya think? ;):D
    Everyone... Just leave him to his own devices. I think we can all agree that there is something not quite right with him on a neurological level. In medical terms he appears to have a cognitive deficiency and a personality disorder. Any passing doctor or psychiatrist can feel free to expand on that.

What is your diagnosis Doctor drkpower?;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

I suggest an injection of that Friday feelin'.

Can't believe this thread is still going.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Too many sections. They'd want to sectoralise it a bit less into less sections as the sectoralism of the document is too sectionalised, don't ya think? ;):D

The sections are numbered in the table of contents inside the first few pages of the booklet.

Dear lord man, just admit you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

prinz wrote: »
    I suggest an injection of that Friday feelin'.

Religious posters here don't believe in Happy Fridays as they want smileys banned:mad::(;):D

Seaneh wrote: »
    The sections are numbered in the table of contents inside the first few pages of the booklet.

Dear lord man, just admit you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

You a doctor too?:eek: God help us.:D

I notice not a single religious poster asked how my fracture has progressed? Hardly Christian caring there missionary.

Do ye want me to be forever in pain just like ye want me to burn in hell?:eek::rolleyes:

What is your diagnosis Doctor drkpower?;)

Nothing medical; just a sheer lack of knowledge yet a compulsion to demonstrate that to your detriment repeatedly. I call it 'taxi driver syndrome' or 'joe duffy syndrome'.

Treatment: withdrawl of broadband

It does not take a Doctor to educate yourself on a topic before talking about it.
    Do ye want me to be forever in pain just like ye want me to burn in hell?:eek::rolleyes:
    You do not understand Christians i'm afraid. No Christian wants non-Christians to burn in hell. They accept them and hope that one day they'll become Christians as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭optogirl

Religious posters here don't believe in Happy Fridays as they want smileys banned:mad::(;):D

Pertinent, oh no wait...

Nothing medical; just a sheer lack of knowledge yet a compulsion to demonstrate that to your detriment repeatedly. I call it 'taxi driver syndrome' or 'joe duffy syndrome'.

Treatment: withdrawl of broadband

Ah, so you're not a doctor after all. Well done, you just put your foot in it :D
    It does not take a Doctor to educate yourself on a topic before talking about it.

You do not understand Christians i'm afraid. No Christian wants non-Christians to burn in hell. They accept them and hope that one day they'll become Christians as well.

So Christians are not caring now?:eek:

I notice not a single religious poster asked how my fracture has progressed? Hardly Christian caring there missionary.

Having been a patient in the Mater I can be assured that you were afforded the best care possible so I was in no doubt that your fracture was progressing as well as it possible could.

I'm pretty sure nobody here wants you to burn in hell. In fact, I'm pretty sure all Christians would hope that someday, whether it's tomorrow, next week or in 15 years time, you will accept Christ as your savior and know of his love for you.

Ah, so you're not a doctor after all. Well done, you just put your foot in it :D

Where did Drkpower ever say that they were or were not a doctor?

You just keep jumping to conclusions there skippy.

Jesus wrote: »
    "‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments."

We try to be, sometimes it's hard work though.

• Advertisement

Read more slowly. Your condition is not medical.

As for whether or not I am a doctor...? Well, I used to be.

I really pity you. I really do.

Having been a patient in the Mater I can be assured that you were afforded the best care possible so I was in no doubt that your fracture was progressing as well as it possible could.

Thought you didn't care at all? That contradicts the time you didn't care if I woke up or not! Make up your mind!
    I'm pretty sure nobody here wants you to burn in hell. In fact, I'm pretty sure all Christians would hope that someday, whether it's tomorrow, next week or in 15 years time, you will accept Christ as your savior and know of his love for you.

Where did Drkpower ever say that they were or were not a doctor?

You just keep jumping to conclusions there skippy.

Err, he allegedly has the code of ethics for Doctors in paper form on his desk and knows it of by heart. I have it too in online form but I don't know it of by heart as I ain't a doctor, I look up the manual instead.

Is there deadline to accept Christ as my savior?:confused:

We try to be, sometimes it's hard work though.

You'll have to preach the lords sermon much better than that:D

Read more slowly. Your condition is not medical.

As for whether or not I am a doctor...? Well, I used to be.

Maybe as an alleged doctor, my fracture(medical) has affected my judgement?:D
    I really pity you. I really do.

I pity you too and care for you and I ain't a Christian. Pity there is no love smiley to show my love for you as a human being :D

I pity you too and care for you and I ain't a Christian. Pity there is no love smiley to show my love for you as a human being :D
    Pity me for what? I pity you for the fact that you could not correctly comprehend a simple three sentences.

Is there deadline to accept Christ as my savior?:confused:

Two eventualities. Second coming or your death, no telling which will come first, I'd guess you have at least a few decades either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Well done gurramok, you managed to unite quite a crew of religious, atheist and other posters on common ground.

Pity me for what? I pity you for the fact that you could not correctly comprehend a simple three sentences.

Pity in that you cannot answer the question I had asked and that you maybe are finally seeing a chink of light to think independently of religion.
    Two eventualities. Second coming or your death, no telling which will come first, I'd guess you have at least a few decades either way.

What happens if I do not accept Christ as my saviour?:confused:

Thought you didn't care at all? That contradicts the time you didn't care if I woke up or not! Make up your mind!
    I never said I cared, I was speaking from experience.

You'll have to preach the lords sermon much better than that:D

Oh, you admit he is lord, good for you gurramok! I recommend you buy a bible and start by reading the book of John to help your progress in your walk and to give you a good oversight of Christianity.

• Advertisement

Maybe as an alleged doctor, my fracture(medical) has affected my judgement?

I suspect the fracture has little to do with it. It seems that you are just one of those people who cant formulate any proper thoughts and instead engages in lying. I suspect though, that this thread has actually taught you a few lessons. Of course, you would never admit to same but when people are so utterly exposed, as you have been, it tends to make them reflect on their own personality.

Good luck with that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement