Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was asked for my religion today..

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Seaneh wrote: »
    I never said I cared, I was speaking from experience.

So you confirm as a god fearing Christian that you do not care about me?:eek::eek:

Oh, you admit he is lord, good for you gurramok! I recommend you buy a bible and start by reading the book of John to help your progress in your walk and to give you a good oversight of Christianity.

Lord help us. Why is the bible not free?:confused: Money making exercise perhaps?:confused:

drkpower wrote: »
    I suspect the fracture has little to do with it. It seems that you are just one of those people who cant formulate any proper thoughts and instead engages in lying. I suspect though, that this thread has actually taught you a few lessons. Of course, you would never admit to same but when people are so utterly exposed, as you have been, it tends to make them reflect on their own personality.

Good luck with that.

What lessons I have learned? :confused: Will I be damned for eternity if I don't learn my lessons?:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

gurramok wrote: »

Lord help us. Why is the bible not free?:confused: Money making exercise perhaps?:confused:

They are printed by Non-Profit organisations and sold for very reasonable prices.
    There are numerous organisations who give out free bibles, try searching online. The are quite expensive to print, why would they be free?

What happens if I do not accept Christ as my saviour?:confused:

That is between you and God.

They are printed by Non-Profit organisations and sold for very reasonable prices.
    There are numerous organisations who give out free bibles, try searching online. The are quite expensive to print, why would they be free?

Free as not to discriminate against worshippers, donations would pay for the printing. Why should the Lord's message not transcend money?:confused:

• Advertisement

Free as not to discriminate against worshippers, donations would pay for the printing. Why should the Lord's message not transcend money?:confused:

If you cannot afford a bible, there are many, many ways to obtain one for free. Any church would be happy to give you a free bible if you ask.

That is between you and God.

Any hint? You're a preacher of few words.
    If you cannot afford a bible, there are many, many ways to obtain one for free. Any church would be happy to give you a free bible if you ask.

Can I copy it and give it to strangers, would I get into trouble over copyright infringement?:confused:

Any hint? You're a preacher of few words.

I'm not a preacher.
    Can I copy it and give it to strangers, would I get into trouble over copyright infringement?:confused:

You can copy and share or use for educational reasons, the only thing you cannot do is profit from it.

I'm not a preacher.

A pastor perhaps?
    :confused:
    You can copy and share or use for educational reasons, the only thing you cannot do is profit from it.

Will I be damned to eternal damnation if I profit from it?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

To comment on the OP.

You said no religion, she probably put down 'Cathloic'.

Move on....

• Advertisement

Guill wrote: »
    To comment on the OP.

You said no religion, she probably put down 'Cathloic'.

Move on....

You serious?:mad: Talk about religious control of my free will :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 82,822 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

You do not understand Christians i'm afraid. No Christian wants non-Christians to burn in hell. They accept them and hope that one day they'll become Christians as well.
    /makes note

"Partyatmygaff.... not from the United States... "
    Congratulations, you've discovered Libertarianism. What do you want, a medal?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Right. I don't know what this happy crap is. Partyatmygaff has been banned for repeated breaches of the charter and insults. This thread will close soon so get any final statements in now.

From reading the last few pages Guarramok I think it's clear you were being entirely Pugnacious, attacking individual posts and excerpts and failing to actually stick to the overall issue or respect your fellow posters at the conversational level. One moment you appear to accuse someone of one thing and then not 3 posts later you're accusing them of the complete oppossite.

Get a grip dude. It was a question on a form. And all this "waaa nobody asked about my arm": try not seeking attention?

Final statement:

As a non religious person, I wish to be asked if I had a religion first rather than asking for my religion in the first place at a Catholic run public hospital. I think the religious control of said hospital along with religious control of schools should be removed ASAP in order to accommodate the wishes of all people with religions and no religions at all as refusing to do so is discrimination. Same for doctors who should not discriminate on Catholic religious grounds when giving treatment to patients.

Overheal wrote: »
    From reading the last few pages Guarramok I think it's clear you were being entirely Pugnacious, attacking individual posts and excerpts and failing to actually stick to the overall issue or respect your fellow posters at the conversational level. One moment you appear to accuse someone of one thing and then not 3 posts later you're accusing them of the complete oppossite.

Get a grip dude. It was a question on a form. And all this "waaa nobody asked about my arm": try not seeking attention?

Have you read the thread? I am not belligerent.

I've been attacked by at least 7 posters with name calling and yet they could not answer the questions I had asked.

Not in ites entirety but certainly the last few pages. even read at 40 posts per page theres 30 pages here. Im not going through all of that. You did accuse a lot of people of undeclared religious affiliation though, which gave no credence to your arguments. g'day.

Not in ites entirety but certainly the last few pages. even read at 40 posts per page theres 30 pages here. Im not going through all of that. You did accuse a lot of people of undeclared religious affiliation though, which gave no credence to your arguments. g'day.

Nice way to make a judgement:rolleyes:

What is your final statement?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

yet they could not answer the questions I had asked.

Maybe if you'd just answered the question you were asked and not got your pants all up your hole this thread wouldn't be 80 pages and counting.

Will I be damned to eternal damnation if I profit from it?:confused:

No, you would be sued by the publisher.

• Advertisement

This thread will close soon so get any final statements in now.

Could you not have done this a week ago?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I didn't see it a week ago. Thread ache.

No, you would be sued by the publisher.

Not the chrurch i see.:rolleyes:

The church (that being any church) doesn't have intellectual property rights to the new testament, it has no copyright. It's public domain material.

That would be like being sued by your teacher for copying your textbook... unless he was Liam Ashe and actually wrote it. Mr. Ashe is a legend. Did I spell that right?

The church (that being any church) doesn't have intellectual property rights to the new testament, it has no copyright. It's public domain material.

Well, they (The Catholic Church) do on the New Jerusalem translation :pac:

Most other translations are non-denominational and independent though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭HarryPotter41

I gave you a hint. It ain't my problem if you cannot use the search function:rolleyes:

Still all ears to hear your version of the ethics!

Yes or no please.

"You agree now that the Catholic Church should relinquish control from our hospitals and schools. "

Since when have smileys been banned?:confused::rolleyes:

Whats your answer to this?:confused:

Say a yes or no to
    "You agree now that the Catholic Church should relinquish control from our hospitals and schools. "

I have posted two instances to prove why I find that the control of hospitals by the Catholic Church is non existent, and from personal experience, not Google.

You a doctor too?:eek: God help us.:D

I notice not a single religious poster asked how my fracture has progressed? Hardly Christian caring there missionary.

Do ye want me to be forever in pain just like ye want me to burn in hell?:eek::rolleyes:

We've assumed it was a fracture to the skull and that its not going well, so no need to ask.

I have posted two instances to prove why I find that the control of hospitals by the Catholic Church is non existent, and from personal experience, not Google.

Here we go again, the Mater.
    We've assumed it was a fracture to the skull and that its not going well, so no need to ask.

Is that a serious contribution or something magical?:rolleyes:

Right. I don't know what this happy crap is. Partyatmygaff has been banned for repeated breaches of the charter and insults. This thread will close soon so get any final statements in now.

Personally I think banning partyatmygaff under the severe provocation from the so called arguments put forward which twisted everything he ever said is way OTT.

• Advertisement

Nice way to make a judgement:rolleyes:

Here we go again, the Mater.

Is that a serious contribution or something magical?:rolleyes:

I believe those were in fact, final statements.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement