Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to know People in Mullingar

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭UBERTILT

Bored 1 wrote: »
    hi guys have been reading through all the posts about meeting new people or joining groups have any of you found anything or set anything up? i'm thinking of setting up some sort of meet up get to know new people kind of group but not sure where to start any and all suggestions would be most welcome!

How about meeting up for a meal in one of the towns many great restaurants? It wouldn't have to be every week but maybe once a month perhaps. With all the earlybird offers in town I'm sure most could afford this. Also eating early would mean time for a few beers/cokes etc in an informal setting afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hoki83

I just moved to Mullingar for work, and reading this forum got me really scared that I would die of boredness here :) Does anyone know about German language courses around here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,787 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Wilkommen! You could also check out the Deutsch (German) forum as they may be able to advise you on local classes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Hoki83 wrote: »
    I just moved to Mullingar for work, and reading this forum got me really scared that I would die of boredness here :) Does anyone know about German language courses around here?

I think the local VEC run language courses in September

loads of stuff to do around Mullingar.
    you just have to get to know a few people first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corty

Hi all,

Complete newbie at this :) I was looking for walking groups in Mullingar and came across this post. I'm living 20kms outside Mullingar but drive in everyday to drop the kids off to school. I moved here 12 years ago and don't really know too many people! I'm just wondering if any others mums would be interested in walking in the mornings, with the hope of progressing to running. I've taken a year off running and so am pretty out of shape! I'd actually like to put down some proper roots, my kids have a better social life than me. So if anyone feels the same way, get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

Corty wrote: »
    Hi all,

Complete newbie at this :) I was looking for walking groups in Mullingar and came across this post. I'm living 20kms outside Mullingar but drive in everyday to drop the kids off to school. I moved here 12 years ago and don't really know too many people! I'm just wondering if any others mums would be interested in walking in the mornings, with the hope of progressing to running. I've taken a year off running and so am pretty out of shape! I'd actually like to put down some proper roots, my kids have a better social life than me. So if anyone feels the same way, get in touch.

which side of Mullingar are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Corty

Kids go to Finians and I have about an hour before I have to get to work so I tend to park the car and go walking at about 8.30. I know there's an athletics club close to me but I prefer to exercise in the morning. When I was training for the marathon I'd be up and out at 5-6am to get a run in.

Advertisement