Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jtag noob

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey guys I got myself a jtag console and a 1 tb external drive :)
    my question is what do I have to do with the external drive? I formatted it to fat32 already, do I need to install something on it now or do I have to create folders? sorry for been such a noob :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Best off with an internal laptop drive I assume your intending to use it to store your original games to the harddrive this is not possible with an external harddrive by my understanding

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Xbox_Employee

Ya'll gonna get bannnnnnnnned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ya'll gonna get bannnnnnnnned

No, yooouu got banned. Don't feed the trolls people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

retrogameguy: If you want to use the 3.5" hard drive like you would an internal hard drive (i.e use all it's available space) then you'll be needing a few things:

1) Provide a 12v power source - this can be either modding inside and taking a 12v feed from some point - check out EnterNow's JTAG about how he managed to do this - or you can use an external enclosure (you'll need an eSATA enclosure)

2) Connect the data port. If you're installing the drive internally, cut off the end of a SATA cable and solder it to the points you need (again, check EnterNow's post). If you've used an eSATA enclosure get an eSATA to SATA cable, cut off the end and again solder to the points. Alternatively, buy an xbox hard drive caddy from DealExtreme, remove the port and solder your SATA cable to the port.

If I'm being honest, for simplicity I would return the 1TB 3.5" and get a 2.5" drive and the enclosure from DealExtreme. Then just put the hard drive into the enclosure, pop it in the console and you're done.

But who ever said you should back down from a challenge? :D

Advertisement