Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warsaw Ghetto : The Unfinished Film on Channel More4 30.10.10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

watching this now. very good documentry imo
    takes accounts from several sides and isnt extremly biased, just states the facts.

im guessing they watched this film before making "the pianist" as it has alot of similar scenes. also in the pianist there is a scene with a propaganda kompani filming jews crossing the bridge between the ghettos.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Never got to see it, but I think I've seen something similar few years ago. I believe that nazi propaganda machine was making similar documentaries from some of the Jewish ghettos: Warsaw and Theresien-stadt are the two I can recollect right now.
    I think it was done to show the Red Cross that everything is cosy there and the RC aid is getting through, or something along those lines /?/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

missed the first 20mins but recorded the rest. Had a few pints on board watching the remainder, so will watch again during the week.

good call Arthur PL ;), certainly an intetresting piece, well worth watching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I don't have more4 & would like to see this.

So if anyone sees this online anywhere let me know. I checked 4od player and it didn't seem to be available online which seems odd considering the appeal of it to people outside the uk/more 4 catchzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Artur.PL

FiSe wrote: »
    I think it was done to show the Red Cross that everything is cosy there and the RC aid is getting through, or something along those lines /?/
    I think so because they made similar movie from KL. I don't remember which one. It was the story how nice place it was. Good looking prisoners(probably very short time in that camp) were in a hospital, some of them were playing football and stuff like that.

real ghetto

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭stuartfanning

For those that missed this, here is the trailer used in the US to promote it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khut0kKn-c8

I hope that More 4 or Channel 4 will re-run it, as people missed it as it wasn't well trailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

I have a copy of this movie on video tape somewhere, recorded from the TV years ago.

In a similar vein to the OP it examines life for the people in the Lodz ghetto during the war.
    It also examines in depth, the activities of Chaim Rumkowski.

The Nazis didn't have to make up any stories to deamonise this guy, he did a pretty good job of it himself by all accounts.

good movie, available on dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 RJGMovie

I saw Warsaw Ghetto last week on More 4. Some of the footage was unbelievable. A very well made documentary.

Advertisement