Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavy Metal Britannia

Options
  • 29-10-2010 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching this? Really interesting, all about the evolution of metal and interviews with guys from Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin..... Very good archive footage.

PS. Anvil! is on next. BBC 4 :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Then its Paranoid in the Classic Albums series!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

GAAAAHH! Stuck in Work!!! and I can't SKY+ BBC4 :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I watched the end of the HM Britannia show, and watched Anvil after. Is anvil a piss take or is it supposed to be serious? Because I couldnt help feeling like the singer was seriously touched, and i just felt sorry for him for the whole show

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Watched since 9pm yesterday, I ****ing love BBC Four, they had some great 70's Prog, Classic Rock, Blues and Folk stuff before, aswell as a few other Metal shows like the Black Sabbath Family Tree and Iron Maiden Flight 666. I might be preaching to the choir here, but it's still awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Gerard.C wrote: »
    I watched the end of the HM Britannia show, and watched Anvil after. Is anvil a piss take or is it supposed to be serious? Because I couldnt help feeling like the singer was seriously touched, and i just felt sorry for him for the whole show
    Not a piss take, serious, actually a band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Nailz wrote: »
    Not a piss take, serious, actually a band.

I know they're a real band but was the doc a piss take? Cos if it wasnt..... jesus like

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its about 'small' people having big dreams, quite touching in the end. You could certainly argue they were never going to be as big as their contempories such is the clear lack of business smarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Yea Lips was a bit special... and the drummer had so much patience. It was so sweet when his lip was quivering and he was welling up because he loves his buddy so much and he was like ehh..... ok. I did just feel uncomfortable watching his desperation and would only see them out of pity though...

The Paranoid doc was brill as well. Love those BBC shows. :D

Advertisement