Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rooms available this late?

Options
  • 29-10-2010 11:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

any decent rooms going? starting up there in about third week november, bit late to look the normal spots for accomodation.

hoping for market yard or somewhere handy like that but thats dreamin this time a the year i guess :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

wolf99 wrote: »
    any decent rooms going? starting up there in about third week november, bit late to look the normal spots for accomodation.

hoping for market yard or somewhere handy like that but thats dreamin this time a the year i guess :)
    you should have no problem getting an apartment in the center of sligo.
    try the citygate apartments on mail coach road there nice and there is a few for rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Room going in Beechwood court if you're interested in living near to the IT! PM me if you want details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

smurfy89 wrote: »
    Room going in Beechwood court if you're interested in living near to the IT! PM me if you want details :)

hey thanks afraid beechwood court is a bit far from town for me, I have no car so rainey old sligo would mean me not getting to tescos very often and subsequently being found starved to death ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭smurfy89

Ha, yeah.. I'm not usually in town thanks to the lovely weather here ;)
    Not too far though really, 15 min walk or so.. then again I don't mind the walk :P

You should find something easily enough though! There's a youth centre thing in town across from the Garavogue, you can get the up to date accommodation lists in there. That's where I went anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Wolf99, your going to get rained on no matter where your living. If your living in the town centre your going to get soaked if walking to the IT, and that's not really what ya want 1st thing in the morning.

I'd recommend living closer to the college, places like Yeats Village might still have rooms to let. At least then you'd make loads of friends who might have cars and be willing to drive to town to do the shopping as they will need to do it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

ha too true bobcar, rainey old sligo!
    I do know people in the town though, so was thinking if im gonna get wet going o the IT wherever I am might as well be close to mates in the town so don't get too wet meeting up with folks.... will check out Yeats anyhoo, has it improved any in the tenant/landlord relations area? I know it used to be very, um, "particular"

thanks again

Advertisement