Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best all in one printer

• 29-10-2010 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Anyone recommend an all in one printer for £50 - would be home use - live in Donegal

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

katemc wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an all in one printer for £50 - would be home use - live in Donegal

Don't buy Lexmark or Dell (which is a rebadged lexmark)! I have a HP for the last three years and it is great and was cheap too at €70. My advice would be to get a printer which has the printhead built into the cartridges rather than it having an independent print head where you then insert a black, cyan, magenta and yellow cartridge. This costs more because of the cost of each cartridge and when the print head goes so does the printer as a printhead costs the same if not more than the printer itself, this happened to me with my last printer which was a €300 Canon printer which went bellyup after 18 months and no come back from Canon, avoid them too.

A HP all-in-one with a simple colour and black cartridge system are the best and each time you get a new cartridge you get a new printhead. You can get the cartridges refilled two or three times in their lifespan for about half the cost of a new one each time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,268 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I had a Lexmark all-in-one a few years back that I liked very much but i cant remember the model. Lightweight, decent scanner. Decent printer. If I was getting a new one I'd go for black and white laser, it's just less hassle than ink. Or maybe that was laser and maybe thats why i liked it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

+1 for HP. if you put the settings on the computer to FastDraft, the ink can last ages. original cartridges are still going after a year in my F4180. same for the PSC1315 at my parents house.
    refilling ink cartridges is also way cheaper than buying new ones btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

The best all in one printer is one which works with refillable cartridges or a continuous ink flow system.

Don't limit yourself to €50 for the initial purchase. If you buy a €50 euro printer which does not accept refillable cartridges, then you will be forced to purchase branded ink cartridges which will burn a massive hole in your pocket in the long run.

But if you get a printer for lets say €70, sponginess refillable cartridges with big bottles of ink for around €35 delivered (e.g like this), you will save a lot in the long run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 966 ✭✭✭heffo500

Bought this printer bought 6 months ago and its brilliant uses little ink and is wireless which I believe is a necessity now because if you got wireless internet why should your printer not be the same. If you get this you will never look back. For instance when I type something in my bedroom I can print it off in my living room without leaving the bedroom truly fantastic. I think the ink is cheap enough also and the printer itself costs about €70. A great investment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 katemc

thanks guys for all the advice

Advertisement