Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean Kelly Mayo Cycling Weekend 4/5th Dec

• 30-10-2010 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭

Sat 4th /Sun 5th Hollymount County Mayo.

The Sean Kelly Cycle Weekend returns after a year off and will be based in Hollymount.

Saturday 100km/50 km
    Sunday 110/50 km

Refreshments will be served post ride both days in Cheers Resturant/Pub.
    30 euro for the weekend or 20 euro per day.
    The rides will be pace controlled and are over relatively flat routes ideal for early winter spins

Dinner with Sean Kelly and Friends on the Saturdy night 25 euro

Special Weekend rate for cyclists 45e B+B in the http://mcwilliampark.ie wich is 10km from Hollymount.

I'll post more details when I get them and they will be up on CI and Irish Cycling Websites.

With the Motorway this is less than 3 hours from the Big Smoke and having ridden this in 07 when a total noob I can tell you its worth considering.

Any proceeds will be put towards the Junior Tour 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Sounds interesting alright good to have an event in the winter, not sure yet if I'm free that weekend but def post up any more info,
    cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

Might try for that. When you say pace controlled what pace are we talking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Kelly is very controled at pacing: in the wicklow 200 he kept a very steady pace, no bursts, moderate to keep up with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭michael196

Am off that weekend and would travel for this event. Let us know where to book on etc .

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pleader

Sounds good. Wouldn't mind giving it a try. What pace are we talking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

From what I remember from 08 pace would average 30-35kpm on the longer spin but the bunch regroups if it gets to spread out. Shorter routers are a bit easier.

Its sign up on the Morning in Cheers. Sat being 11am to give people a chance to travel

\re the hotel you look after yourself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 415 ✭✭100Suns

Esroh wrote: »
    From what I remember from 08 pace would average 30-35kpm on the longer spin but the bunch regroups if it gets to spread out.

:eek:30-35 kpm. I knew Kelly was strong but that's gonna attract attention.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Looks interesting, I need a good goal to keep the training up as it gets darker & colder :D

Advertisement