Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HTC desire hd internet browser question

• 30-10-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I have the DHD on bill pay with vodaphone and when I go on the internet through the htc brower there's vodafone symbols that are coming up on the top and bottom of the screen. I am just wondering does anyone else have this on theres as I find it quite annoying?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Also sometimes it wont go to pages it just comes up with error saying "an error occured while trying to get the page"

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭irishbuzz

Yeah I'm seeing the same but only every so often. It's actually breaking webpage sometimes so that's very annoying.

Pity as I was almost positive that the phone was unbranded :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭ChopShop

Mine doesnt have either of those issues although i got one of the very first units vf rrleased.

I much prefer the dolphin hd browser tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

That's the ads that come on through the vodafone live APN. You can delete some proxy in the settings to get rid of them.

Think there are details in the mobiles forum sticky.

irishbuzz wrote: »
    Yeah I'm seeing the same but only every so often. It's actually breaking webpage sometimes so that's very annoying.

Pity as I was almost positive that the phone was unbranded :/

I was on to vodafone and they said that when using there 3g that stuff comes up. Still doesnt change the fact sites arent opening for me going to ring them again now as I rang them in the middle on the night when working night shift so all the support wasnt there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

Go to settings - wireless and networks - mobile networks - access point names -
    then click into vodafone live and scroll down to proxy and delete the entry in there and the same for port. Then click menu - save. Hey presto, should be gone!

breeno wrote: »
    then click into vodafone live and scroll down to proxy and delete the entry in there and the same for port. Then click menu - save. Hey presto, should be gone!

Ah nice one man very helpful tnx.
    By the way by deleting the proxy address and the port number will it have any adverse effects on the browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

breeno wrote: »

LOL at spending hours trying to get any good out of vodafone on this when I could have just looked here !

Many thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭breeno

No problem :pac:

As for the above question, it does not affect your browser at all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭ROCE1977

You can't change the proxy on HTC disire Hd. OR any Andriod without rooting it first. And do it wrong and you have a 4.3inch brick.

• Advertisement
Advertisement