Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Temper Trap 31/10/10

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

So I know it's on Halloween night but are people dressing up? I'm thinking a definite no, although I've friends who seem to disagree!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'm definitely not, but i'd imagine there will be a mix, especially if people are heading to fancy dress parties afterward. Looking forward to the gig now though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 conor_dublin

I've an itch i can scratch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Also

Yeah I'm basically too lazy to try get a costume together so not gonna bother!
    I presume they don't have a support act?
    Are you gonna bother going early to get a good place? Cus I'm just thinking of the last gig I was at and my view was frequently blocked by particularly tall men and persistent waving arms ha and on that day I decided I had to go early to avoid that happening again :L

Also wrote: »
    Yeah I'm basically too lazy to try get a costume together so not gonna bother!
    I presume they don't have a support act?
    Are you gonna bother going early to get a good place? Cus I'm just thinking of the last gig I was at and my view was frequently blocked by particularly tall men and persistent waving arms ha and on that day I decided I had to go early to avoid that happening again :L

I couldn't be bothered dragging a costume, along with everything else, up from Cork :P

Cloud Control are supporting. Lol, well in that case, may be best to queue earlyish. I'm staying close to the venue so gonna see if there is any queue around 6:30ish, maybe a bit later... always prefer to try and get front row :D

Oh jeesh my idea of going early is like 7.30 haha ie when doors open :L Looks like I won't be getting front row after all :P

• Advertisement

Lol, you probably still managed it seeing as half the people queuing up seemed to go for the bar.

Got front row, which made the experience even better. Such a good atmosphere (bar a girl telling me to "get into it or get the **** out of her way"...and nearly choking me during Sweet Disposition and some other girl complaining that we were at the barrier all night :rolleyes:)

Managed to get a setlist after as well. All in all a great night, and thought the support were pretty good too! :)

Huh I was second row standing so you must have been in front of me somewhere haha it was deadly tho and yeah I agree the support act were actually really good! I loved the guy playing the bass he was flipping his hair around like there was no tomorrow haha and when yer man threw water on the drum... good times :P

Was standing about midway between the lead singer and bassist...he was fairly entertaining to watch alright! :P
    I was waiting for the bit with the water on the drum lol, managed to video all of the Drum song as well as pieces of Down River and Science Of Fear.

Did an annoying Australian girl keep jumping up and down and poking you? If so, I was near her and it very irritating she wanted to make everyone dance but she didn't seem to be aware that that's not everyone's style :L have u seen them before how did u know about the water drum bit? I liked their new song too :D wonder when it's out

YES, thats the one!! Ah she was annoying. Exactly, I was enjoying myself as I was, she was just ruining it for me lol.

Saw on some live videos on youtube, he seems to do it at every gig. Yeah, the new one sounds pretty good, think its called Rabbit Hole, or atleast thats what a live version was called on youtube :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but were my friends and I the only people who thought that was a particularly bad gig? the words "overindulgent" and "disconnected" come to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

Sorry to be a buzzkill, but were my friends and I the only people who thought.....

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 technogoblin

Yes

Reviews have been mediocre at best it seems. i suppose seeing the black keys a few days before is going to affect my enjoyment of most bands.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭gossipgirl10

yep i guess different strokes for different folks saw black keys at oxegen and wasn't that impressed :)

Advertisement