Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare FM October Giveaway

• 30-10-2010 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

It's all over now, but I couldn't listen during the day today to find out the results.
    Anyone know the answers? I know 1, 4, and 7 but not the rest.

1. Five lovely ladies lay in wait, to welcome you through their mystic gate,
    Cross their palm with silver or gold, and a new world will begin to unfold.
    The Limerick Tunnel

2. Voice: I might have a go at My Lovely Rose of Clare, but only with a lot of persuasion,
    and maybe a bit of threathening from a couple of large men. - Who is he and what is he talking about?
    Barry McGuigan?, visiting Clare?

3. Though once expelled from within the ranks, he found his true calling driving tanks,
    A much loved character with a lively brain, he no longer rides on the gravy train.
    Gerry Ryan???

4. No cheesey adulations required by this man, his voice was loved throughout the land,
    His down to earth manner endeared him to fans, the Secret of Kells is safe in his hands.
    Mick Lally

5. The enquiring stalker was in no rush, for a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
    He emerged from the long grass and faced his fear, but were there really any winners here.
    Enda Kenny???

6. The fisherman cast his net far and wide, a difficult job in a turbulent tide,
    His mission, provide a catch to equal his last, and anchor the boat with its sails and mast.

7. The Southsiders rejoiced, they had their man, he was to lead them into the promised land,
    But after nine months of incubation, he did not live up to their expectation.
    George Lee

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dmob

2. Barry McGuigan speaking about visiting Clare for 1st anniversary of Ali's visit.
    3. Willie O'Dea.
    5. Tiger Woods.
    6. Bishop Kieran O'Reilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gypseaking

Thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

Any chance of all the answers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 gypseaking

maiden wrote: »
    Any chance of all the answers?

1. The Limerick Tunnel
    2. Barry McGuigan,
    talking about his visit to Ennis on the 1st anniversary of Muhammad Ali's visit.
    3. Willie O'Dea
    4. Mick Lally
    5. Tiger Woods
    6. Bishop Kieran O'Reilly
    7. George Lee

(You can see "spoilers" by holding down the left mouse button and dragging the mouse over the text)

Advertisement