Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subtitling and audiovisual translation in Ireland

Options
  • 30-10-2010 6:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hello,

We just moved to Cork for academic reasons but we have been subtitling, translating and interpreting since the year 2000. Our main area is DVD but we have also subtitled and translated, including scripts, for commercial, theatrical, web and broadcast.
    We would like to know more about the subtitling industry in Ireland, especially about interlingual subtitling and multilingual post production. Can anybody help, please?

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Kjka

Hi tamtamtalk,

Not sure this message reaches you as your last comment dates back to 2010.

I'm also based in Cork and have been working in the subtitling arena since 2002. I'm very interested in this field but I'm not sure that Cork is the best place for it. I don't know of any company or freelancers working in this area here.
    Did you obtain some information in the meantime? If so, I would really like to know more too. Please, get in touch with me if you're still around. It would be nice to exchange some ideas/thoughts. You can write to me through this site or send me an e-mail to akjjka@yahoo.it.

Thanks!

Advertisement