Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-Skins or Xcel??

Options
  • 30-10-2010 10:41am
    Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

What you guys reckon? I'm getting a new winter suit in the next few weeks, the local shop stocks Xcel so was thinking of getting one of their high-end ones, but I remember reading a thread on here a while back saying a lot of the new Xcel ones are banjaxed after one season? If I go for the C-Skins I have to buy it online(http://www.troggs.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=15930), obviously I'd rather support the local surf shop but if it means getting a better suit I'd go online. What ye think?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭locomo

C-skins are great but you do not have to but them online. If you are in Mayo your next door county is Sligo, and Sunset watersports shop there have the same suit in stock ( 6/5/4 c-skin Wired hooded ) as the Troggs one above, at a slightly cheaper price. I priced them there last week and saw them hanging on a rail at @ 349 euro. The Troggs price above of £ 299.95 at yesterdays bank exchange rate for buying sterling of 0.8582 would equate to 349.51 euro. So you do not have to buy it online, you could go to Sligo, try on different sizes, buy it cheaper than online and surf Strandhill or Easky the same day. Or get Sunset to post it out to you, I think they do free wetsuit delivery on orders of that size. You are better off trying on a suit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Most of the high-end suits are designed for performance over longevity. 2 seasons of good use is the very most you'll get out of a top-end O'Neill or Excel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭nickybutler

Surf Shop in Tramore have an alder evo hooded 6mm and there €249. Picked up one today, better than the c-skins wired i had last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭OldGuysRule

Still hawking your shop, butler?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

nickybutler banned for a week for shilling. OldGuysRule, please report such posts instead of calling them out on-thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

I've a C-Skins suit something like that one, find it very warm but it's a f-cker to get out of the neoprean catches and bunches because of the liquid tape on the outside. No nice getting changed in winter. Try it on and when you are getting out of it if you find the same problem maybe give it a miss, or you can keep cheap shampoo / washing up liquid in the car and lube up the legs before getting out of it.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭CRenegade

I've a C-Skins suit something like that one, find it very warm but it's a f-cker to get out of the neoprean catches and bunches because of the liquid tape on the outside. No nice getting changed in winter. Try it on and when you are getting out of it if you find the same problem maybe give it a miss,

My brother got a new C-Skins and he does find it a bit difficult changing in and out of but it could be worth the scarifice for a warmer session in the water.
    or you can keep cheap shampoo / washing up liquid in the car and lube up the legs before getting out of it.:eek:
    :eek:... :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,987 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

CRenegade wrote: »
    My brother got a new C-Skins and he does find it a bit difficult changing in and out of but it could be worth the scarifice for a warmer session in the water.

:eek:... :D:D
    31Nyucu8OuL._SL500_.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,240 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Went with the C-Skins in the end, got it in Sligo at Sunset. Gave me loads of free wax with it since I drove all the way up. Total gent! Thanks for the advice lads.

Advertisement