Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Clean a PVC coated Steel Shed

Options
  • 30-10-2010 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

Bought a PVC coated steel garden shed a few years ago. Looking dirty now. A power hose removes only some of the dirt.

Biggest problem are widespread black spots on it - some sort of fungus, I guess.

Is there any sort of stuff I can spray on it that will dissolve the fungus and will not dissolve the PVC coating as well?

I must not damage the PVC coating - the steel sheeting is very thin and the only thing preserving it is the PVC coating.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Poulgorm wrote: »
    Bought a PVC coated steel garden shed a few years ago. Looking dirty now. A power hose removes only some of the dirt.

Biggest problem are widespread black spots on it - some sort of fungus, I guess.

Is there any sort of stuff I can spray on it that will dissolve the fungus and will not dissolve the PVC coating as well?

I must not damage the PVC coating - the steel sheeting is very thin and the only thing preserving it is the PVC coating.

Thanks

This is why I hate these pvc coated steel sheds and much prefer traditional block/brick sheds instead.

Theres a cleaning solution that you can buy in most DIY shops for cleaning up faded UPVC windows,so that might work on the PVC coating of your shed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭dathi

house hold bleach will kill it and clean shed mix it half and half with water and if you have a weed sprayer use it to spray it on. if not just use a cloth leave it on a couple of hours and then wash off.

Advertisement