Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Xbox live Banned for life.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

I think the simple fact is that there are prescribed levels of punishment for various different levels of breaches of the EULA.
    From an MS standpoint they probably receive lots of reports every day and do not have the resources to investigate every one of them. This was a clear breach of the EULA no ifs or buts. Action taken,case closed.
    Additionally they dont care who made the modification from their point of view your son has access to software which can be used to hack the console. Take this as a warning not to try any funny stuff,be thankful the console wasnt banned and move on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

Everyone is making a mountain over a molehill about Jetpacks language. Grow up lads, a bit of swearing when frustrated hardly warrants comment. A lot of users and Mods on this seem to think there holier than thou. It seems to be a style on this. Get real. These words are in the dictionary, if a lexicographer thinks it should be in a dictionary, then were going to use it.

As for the topic on hand, Jetpack I do feel your frustration, but it is a violation of the terms of use, the AVATAR creator is severly limited, I will agree, but modification of software is illegal. Just set up a new profile and learn the lesson. I will say, they should be clamping down on the idiots modding Modern Warfare. But, common sense doesnt appear to be in Microsofts remit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

I presume because you mentioned chatting in lobbies it was a Gold account that was perma-banned - did Microsoft keep the money or did they refund?

This is one thing that has cheesed me off about many many online services - yes ban those you don't want - but what gives them the right to keep the money you paid for their service if they're no longer willing to provide you with a service - I'm not sure if microsoft do refund, but it's one area of online consumer rights that needs looking at ASAP.

Technically you broke their terms and conditions (although avatar modding is normally done on a PC editing the gamertag - no console modification is required) fine, but why do so many companies feel they can keep the money in this situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jetpack whats your problem here?

do u want the honest and rule obiding users of xboxlive that pay premium to stop the likes of YOUR SON ruining it for us all to have pity on your son or you????

NEWSFLASH GET REAL MY MAN, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CONSOLE BAN PUT IN PLACE HE DESERVES IT FOR MODDING A SYSTEM,,

BTW U MENTION HE PLUGS THE HEADSET IN AND JUST PUTS IT BESIDE HIM AND DOESNT USE THE VOICE CHATTING?? WHY EXACTLY?

now get real will u i say fair play MS about time they clamped down on smart arsed kids ruining live experience for us all..

rant over and btw OP u should be apologising to MS for your son after all isnt it the rearing that we give our kids?? are u teaching him to be dishonest and cheat? what a perfect father u are..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

do u want the honest and rule obiding users of xboxlive that pay premium to stop the likes of YOUR SON ruining it for us all to have pity on your son or you????

NEWSFLASH GET REAL MY MAN, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A CONSOLE BAN PUT IN PLACE HE DESERVES IT FOR MODDING A SYSTEM,,

BTW U MENTION HE PLUGS THE HEADSET IN AND JUST PUTS IT BESIDE HIM AND DOESNT USE THE VOICE CHATTING?? WHY EXACTLY?

now get real will u i say fair play MS about time they clamped down on smart arsed kids ruining live experience for us all..

rant over and btw OP u should be apologising to MS for your son after all isnt it the rearing that we give our kids?? are u teaching him to be dishonest and cheat? what a perfect father u are..

lol. You're so profound with your rant.

Learn to spell, use capital letters were appropriate and format your posts a bit better. It reads like a borderline retard wrote it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭mlindsay215

Totally agree with everything said here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭thebullkf

gerroff xb and learn how to write properly:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Bob_Harris wrote: »

Learn to spell, use capital letters where appropriate

Is there some unwritten rule on boards that a post pointing out spelling mistakes must have a spelling mistake.

Wonker. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Christ, where do I start? Oh, I know - how about reading the full thread, realising that all his child did was change the colour of his avatar's skin? He didn't mod a lobby, he didn't give himself an unfair advantage in a game or ruin anybody's Live experience. Also, how is this "cheating"? Cheating what?

I couldn't give a flying fcuk about the skin color of an avatar, and anybody who does needs to cop themselves on.

Next time, try to understand the issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Christ, where do I start? Oh, I know - how about reading the full thread, realising that all his child did was change the colour of his avatar's skin? He didn't mod a lobby, he didn't give himself an unfair advantage in a game or ruin anybody's Live experience. Also, how is this "cheating"? Cheating what?

I couldn't give a flying fcuk about the skin color of an avatar, and anybody who does needs to cop themselves on.

Next time, try to understand the issue

As I've already written, his son (or son's friend ;)) hacked the XBL system. This is against the "code of conduct" set out by MS for everyone using XBL. The code of conduct is there to make sure XBL remains a fair system, where everyone involved plays on a level playing field.

It doesn't matter that he only changed the colour of an avatar. He used software that could can be used for any number of things. If MS allowed him to get away with that, then they are in breach of my contract with them and every other XBL gold subscriber.

The kid did wrong, he's been punished (albeit, not enough for my liking, as I've mentioned already that I've zero tolerance for anyone tampering with XBL) for his mistake. His father, the OP, needs to acknowledge that what his son did was far from ok.

Touching Virus, you need to look at the bigger picture here. This isn't about the colour of his avatar. This is about keeping XBL safe and secure so it remains an enjoyable experience for everyone involved. Surely you can grasp that concept?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mod warning

anymore misbehaving will recieve a week's ban.

warning for stimpson for personal abuse, even if its misspelled.

DARK-KNIGHT while I mostly agree with your position, you take it a tiny bit too far and off the issue in the last bit. Better to keep it civil.

Everybody be civil or be banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

That's fair enough. I did break the rules after all.

No offense intended to Bob_Harris. Maybe I should have just quoted Alanis Morrisette.

@Blitzkreig: My apologies

@Moose: I'm well aware what the T&C and Code of Conduct is there for. I am a gold subscriber myself. However I think you're applying some incorrect logic to this situation.

The OP's son didn't "hack the system", which is the worst turn of phrase. He modified his profile container so he could have a different skin colour. Once again, I'll reiterate that he hasn't slanted the playing field for any xbox live user (subscriber or not), the change does not affect anybody else. The potential for other modifications with the same software is inadmissable, it's like nailing a shoplifter because at some stage he might use those skills to rob a knife and kill somebody.

I have an offline profile on my console, were I to change my skin colour to red and hop online for a game update I would not expect Microsoft to scan my console for irregularities in that profile and ban the console because of it. It wouldn't be fair. To use the gun analogy from earlier, if I owned a gun and shot somebody, should no member of my household be allowed own a gun because of my actions? Of course they should, provided they meet all the necessary requirements. In the same way, as long as other profiles on that console accessing xbox live are not modified it is only fair that they are allowed to. Profile changes are profile specific, they are not cause for a console ban, stating otherwise is ridiculous in my opinion. And apparently, it's Microsoft's opinion too. Now if I modify the hardware, say to play pirated games, this is a system-wide change and necessitates a console ban.

The only reason the profile got banned is because of the very general clause of "No modifications allowed" which isn't designed to protect you from funky skin colours, it's designed to protect you against other stuff that is much more to do with xbox live and the XBL experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

Microsoft are right fo this banning. Many Live gold users like myself pay for a service that is free from modders and hackers, it annoys the life out of me when you see 'unusual' elements on live that you know are hacked. The icons and letters in usernames is a biggy. It's the thin end of the wedge and MS are right to stamp it out with a big boot.

Not sure whats worse, the fact that your son has illegally modified his console or that you feel justified to come onto a public form to protest it's not right, when clearly it is.

My advice would be to confiscate your sons 360 and ground him. Another valuable lesson taught. Also, get the friends gamertag and report him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

I have an offline profile on my console, were I to change my skin colour to red and hop online for a game update I would not expect Microsoft to scan my console for irregularities in that profile and ban the console because of it. It wouldn't be fair.

Of course it would be fair for you to get a ban! You're knowingly in breach of the Code Of Conduct. It doesn't matter if it's a minor infringement or a major one. It's quite obvious that you're on here to justify your own actions. Trying to get you to understand the bigger picture is pointless.

If you are stupid enough to knowingly tamper with software that could potentially get you banned from XBL, then you deserve to get banned. Coming on here and trying to defend your actions is ridiculous. Just be thankful that Stephen Toulouse is far more lenient in his punishment and enforcement than I would be. I would be completely in favour of every console getting scanned for tampering every time XBL is accessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    mod warning

anymore misbehaving will recieve a week's ban.

DARK-KNIGHT while I mostly agree with your position, you take it a tiny bit too far and off the issue in the last bit. Better to keep it civil.

Everybody be civil or be banned.[/QUOTE sorry blitz didn't mean to sound personal at the end of my post can I point out that bob Harris called me a borderline retard?? That's really personal abuse IMO anyways apologies and thanks!!

Ray

Children grow up! Boohoo Dark Knight, Im sure if you kept your tone civil, abuse can be avoided. As for the people who want to be pedantic about it, Did this kids Avatar effect your gaming experience? Some guy said he pays for Xbox Live to be free of Hackers and Modders, were not getting our monies worth in any case, but a kids avatar isnt worth this debate. The primary issue is Microsofts inability to discipline actual breaches of these rules. Modern Warfare is RIDDLED with Mods and Hacks, yet, Microsoft feel their time is better spent keeping Avatars the right colour. He did break the rules, however in a way that doesnt effect core gameplay. He pimped his profile. Its effecting no-one except himself. Now Im assuming most people commenting on this are adults, and I have to say, If an adult is effected so deeply by an Avatar that has green skin, they are a sad mess and should probably hire a life coach. This is a glaring contradiction on Microsofts part, the kids avatar is a soft target. Maybe they should concentrate on the idiots destroying gameplay. Oh and seeing as this particular lobby are apparently English laureates, I for one am not, so if you have any issues regarding my spelling, feel free to keep them to yourself. :D

Of course it would be fair for you to get a ban! You're knowingly in breach of the Code Of Conduct. It doesn't matter if it's a minor infringement or a major one. It's quite obvious that you're on here to justify your own actions. Trying to get you to understand the bigger picture is pointless.

If you are stupid enough to knowingly tamper with software that could potentially get you banned from XBL, then you deserve to get banned. Coming on here and trying to defend your actions is ridiculous. Just be thankful that Stephen Toulouse is far more lenient in his punishment and enforcement than I would be. I would be completely in favour of every console getting scanned for tampering every time XBL is accessed.

By that rationale we should lock up someone who gets a speeding ticket with a murderer. Hes pointing out the idiocy of Microsofts systems for dealing with breaches of there rules. Im betting you just lack skill in games and find the need to take solace in thinking EVERYONE is hacking and modding. When the midlife crisis is over, that will pass! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I can't see anything wrong with a profile ban. He should consider himself lucky and take that as a warning. It's not as if they have rendered his XBox useless. He can still play his games and add his friends on his new profile.

One things for sure, I bet he won't do it again on his new profile!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

jaykhunter wrote: »

I find these gun analogies complete hyperbole. Permit me to do one of my own : One guy stole a pen from work, the other stole 10 million euros. Both guys get life in prison. Fair? They both did commit a similar crime. tongue.gif
    By that rationale we should lock up someone who gets a speeding ticket with a murderer.

No, to quote Jay here, these "examples" are hyperbole.

If you knowingly sign an agreement that says that any modification will be penalised, and then modify, then you should be penalised.

If you lived in a country where the laws were that robbing a pencil is the same as robbing €10 million, or that a speeding ticket equated to murder, then yes you should fully expect the law to reprimand the acts equally.

MS say that they will ban you if you modify.
    This is clearly and repeatedly laid out.
    You have to agree to this.
    So if you break it, you get banned.

Simples.

• Advertisement

What I do with my non-live profiles is my business and mine alone. It isn't grounds for a banning, you wouldn't have a leg to stand on if you implemented a banning over it. The same way Microsoft swiftly uncrippled xbox 360s that had their content signing privileges removed in October 2009s piracy banwave. What users do with their consoles, as long as it doesn't affect XBL, is none of Microsoft's business. The same way Jailbroken iPhones cannot be kicked off networks - the user paid for their product and they'll use it how they please.

However, what I do with my XBL profile is Microsoft's business, and as has been demonstrated they really don't take any shít about it, liberally handing out bannings. A console ban for this particular offence is unworkable, unfair and wouldn't be enforceable with the current T&Cs or Code of Conduct no matter your opinion, which is pretty extreme.

And I love the way you think I have actions to justify or defend. I've never modified my profile or received a gamertag ban. We're in the same boat, we both paid money to Microsoft for XBL, we both game online, we just differ in opinion. There is no bigger picture that I'm missing. I like the whole punishment fits crime idea though

Right ladies allow me to set the record straight.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct - Offical Xbox Code of Conduct.
    Don’t make unauthorized modifications to your account profile or its contents.

Punishment

If you break the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct by modifying content anywhere in the system, we may delete the account in question or a suspension of varying length will be issued on the account depending on the frequency and severity of the infraction.

Microsoft reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any user-created content from the Services. Microsoft reserves the right to immediately terminate or suspend a user for violations. Microsoft can contact any Internet Service Provider and provide the ISP with information on illegal activities.
    The terms of use CLEARLY STATE, that you may NOT:

* use any unauthorized third-party software, service, or device to access or manipulate the Service;

Result of breaking the TOU or the COC enables Microsoft Luxembourg S.à.r.l., 20 Rue Eugene Ruppert, Immeuble Laccolith, 1st Floor, L-2543 Luxembourg, to disconnect you're account for as long as they see fit. Microsoft is also legally able to take you to court for a breach of contract.

The way I see it, you should consider yourself very lucky microsoft didn't investigate you're son further. It only takes one person breaking the rules for microsoft to say, "Hey let's make an example out of this guy and sue him for breach of contract. (to which all paying microsoft members agree to.)

The bottom line is, nobody is holding a gun, nobody is running through red lights, and nobody is shooting anyone.
    We're talking about an immature kid, who broke the CoC and ToU, and as a result was banned.
    The ban is not for us to discuss, that's between microsoft and the OP/OP's son.

However in my opinion the OP's son is very, very fortunate to have recieved ONLY profile ban. My reasoning behind my harsh opinion is that; how is the general poplus of xbox gamers to know that the OP's son is not using other malicious software to hack lobbies or other games, lets face it, he, or his friend, already have access to software that can modify the system. Who is to say they don't have other programmes that can modify other aspects of the system.

Personally I think this topic should be locked down as it's turning into a flame fest. Microsofts opinion on the matter is clear.

On a final note:
    WAR MACHINE 539 Im betting you just lack skill in games and find the need to take solace in thinking EVERYONE is hacking and modding. When the midlife crisis is over, that will pass!
    Had this direct attack been launched at me I would be reporting you for baiting and verbal abuse. You're attack on moose has completely dumbfounded me. But then those losing an arguement do tend to do for personal attacks rather than stick to the topic.

I hope moose does report you, and you recieve a lengthy ban.

Good day ;)

/End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭Suspiria79

My friend dicky had a ten foot micky, he showed it to the girl next door
    She thought it was a snake, she hit it with a rake
    Now it's only ten by four

Right ladies allow me to set the record straight.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/legal/codeofconduct - Offical Xbox Code of Conduct.

The terms of use CLEARLY STATE, that you may NOT:

* use any unauthorized third-party software, service, or device to access or manipulate the Service;

Result of breaking the TOU or the COC enables Microsoft Luxembourg S.à.r.l., 20 Rue Eugene Ruppert, Immeuble Laccolith, 1st Floor, L-2543 Luxembourg, to disconnect you're account for as long as they see fit. Microsoft is also legally able to take you to court for a breach of contract.

The way I see it, you should consider yourself very lucky microsoft didn't investigate you're son further. It only takes one person breaking the rules for microsoft to say, "Hey let's make an example out of this guy and sue him for breach of contract. (to which all paying microsoft members agree to.)

The bottom line is, nobody is holding a gun, nobody is running through red lights, and nobody is shooting anyone.
    We're talking about an immature kid, who broke the CoC and ToU, and as a result was banned.
    The ban is not for us to discuss, that's between microsoft and the OP/OP's son.

However in my opinion the OP's son is very, very fortunate to have recieved ONLY profile ban. My reasoning behind my harsh opinion is that; how is the general poplus of xbox gamers to know that the OP's son is not using other malicious software to hack lobbies or other games, lets face it, he, or his friend, already have access to software that can modify the system. Who is to say they don't have other programmes that can modify other aspects of the system.

Personally I think this topic should be locked down as it's turning into a flame fest. Microsofts opinion on the matter is clear.

On a final note: Had this direct attack been launched at me I would be reporting you for baiting and verbal abuse. You're attack on moose has completely dumbfounded me. But then those losing an arguement do tend to do for personal attacks rather than stick to the topic.

I hope moose does report you, and you recieve a lengthy ban.

Good day ;)

/End.

I wasn't arguing that Microsoft were acting out of character. I never said anything to that effect. From the passage your quoted you'll see that Microsoft can only put sanctions on the account, and not the console - as in a gamertag ban, not a console ban. It is at their discretion, as it also says, but it's almost always a lifetime gamertag ban. Whether it's because of a lack of investigative or disciplinary resources or whatever I still think it's a shame that Microsoft's discretion appears to be "Lifetime Ban. Lifetime Ban. Lifetime Ban".

It's my opinion, I'm entitled to have it, I appreciate other users have concerns about what other stuff the modder has done too but innocent until proven guilty. If I graffiti up your house, it's does not mean that now, or someday soon, I'm going to go out and commit arson. Some people are drawing that conclusion - from profile modding to "ZOMG, he hax0red my game". It's a ridiculous jump :pac:

I wasn't arguing that Microsoft were acting out of character. I never said anything to that effect. From the passage your quoted you'll see that Microsoft can only put sanctions on the account, and not the console - as in a gamertag ban, not a console ban. It is at their discretion, as it also says, but it's almost always a lifetime gamertag ban. Whether it's because of a lack of investigative or disciplinary resources or whatever I still think it's a shame that Microsoft's discretion appears to be "Lifetime Ban. Lifetime Ban. Lifetime Ban".

It's my opinion, I'm entitled to have it, I appreciate other users have concerns about what other stuff the modder has done too but innocent until proven guilty. If I graffiti up your house, it's does not mean that now, or someday soon, I'm going to go out and commit arson. Some people are drawing that conclusion - from profile modding to "ZOMG, he hax0red my game". It's a ridiculous jump :pac:

Herein lies the problem, you're comming on to this forum, rather than letting the flames die you're adding gas to the fire, you say you have you're own opinion and you're entitled to it, yet you force you're opinions on those with opinions for themselves. By this I mean simply you're drawing a conclusion that people are drawing conclusions when the majority has agreed that, if you're caught cheating you deserve to be banned, end off, there is no if's or buts here, thats the law laid down by microsoft and we must adhere to it.

You're primary arguement seems to be (please feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that you feel its unfair that microsoft has a policy that basically says, "Ban everything that doesnt obey us".

Yet people are paying for a service to which they use under the idea that they are protected from people using third parties to manipulate ALL DIFFERENT aspects of the game. I don't think I'm alone in saying that, I use xbox live because I'm aware of the hard stance xbox takes on cheaters, sure they might not do a good job when it comes to certain games such as COD MW2, but thats for the game devs to monitor not microsoft. The devs of COD BO's MP have already stated in several interviews they have a dedicated team who will be monitoring their servers to stop what happened on MW2.

If you don't like how microsoft run their company don't play, move to PS3. Its quite literally that simply. Also if you have a better suggestion as to how microsoft can better run their company in regards to investigating players who are modifying their accounts and games then please email them.

https://help.xbox.com/eform.aspx?productKey=xbox360live&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts&locale=en-gb&scrx=1

I'm sure they will appreciate you're suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Children grow up! Boohoo Dark Knight, Im sure if you kept your tone civil, abuse can be avoided. As for the people who want to be pedantic about it, Did this kids Avatar effect your gaming experience? Some guy said he pays for Xbox Live to be free of Hackers and Modders, were not getting our monies worth in any case, but a kids avatar isnt worth this debate. The primary issue is Microsofts inability to discipline actual breaches of these rules. Modern Warfare is RIDDLED with Mods and Hacks, yet, Microsoft feel their time is better spent keeping Avatars the right colour. He did break the rules, however in a way that doesnt effect core gameplay. He pimped his profile. Its effecting no-one except himself. Now Im assuming most people commenting on this are adults, and I have to say, If an adult is effected so deeply by an Avatar that has green skin, they are a sad mess and should probably hire a life coach. This is a glaring contradiction on Microsofts part, the kids avatar is a soft target. Maybe they should concentrate on the idiots destroying gameplay. Oh and seeing as this particular lobby are apparently English laureates, I for one am not, so if you have any issues regarding my spelling, feel free to keep them to yourself. :D

Sorry, but this is a ridiculous post even more childish then the original post.
    The primary issue is Microsofts inability to discipline actual breaches of these rules.

What? That's precisely what it's about. Microsoft detected custom software, and banned. They don't care if it's minor, major, intention or practicalities - it's something that's not allowed, end of, and they enforced punishment for someone who broke the EULA.
    Modern Warfare is RIDDLED with Mods and Hacks, yet, Microsoft feel their time is better spent keeping Avatars the right colour.

Hardly. Microsoft spend a great deal of time and effort detecting and banning hackers and modders. They can't catch them all, but they can catch a considerable deal of them. It's nothing to do with 'prioritizing' the integrity of avatars, it's stopping modification full stop, as above, regardless of how minor or significant it may be.
    He did break the rules, however in a way that doesnt effect core gameplay. He pimped his profile. Its effecting no-one except himself. Now Im assuming most people commenting on this are adults, and I have to say, If an adult is effected so deeply by an Avatar that has green skin, they are a sad mess and should probably hire a life coach.

You clearly don't grasp the concept of this whole thing at all, so why don't you just stay out of it? That's not being condescending either, but realistic. You can't seem to accept the principle of punishment for law breaking. He modified, which is against the terms of use, and was banned. Where's the problem in logic there? It doesn't matter that we know the context, from a Microsoft point of view, it's very simple: We have a profile here that's been modified, ban. It's not unjustified. What would you have them do, send a team around to investigate every one of a thousand cases and put it to a jury? They have no way of knowing anything other than that a profile/console has been modified and thus an assumption must be made that said profile could be up to any manner of antics. I don't know why you're attacking people here who simply completely understand this rather elemental logic with reference to life coaching.
    This is a glaring contradiction on Microsofts part, the kids avatar is a soft target. Maybe they should concentrate on the idiots destroying gameplay.

I don't see any contradictions at all. A soft target? Hardly. A valid target, to be fair, regardless of age. Microsoft aren't out to make soft targets. They're out of protect the integrity of the Xbox experience for it's generally rule abiding user base. Get over it - the kid did something he shouldn't have, got a profile ban, by no means the end of the world at all, lesson learned.

Herein lies the problem, you're comming on to this forum, rather than letting the flames die you're adding gas to the fire, you say you have you're own opinion and you're entitled to it, yet you force you're opinions on those with opinions for themselves. By this I mean simply you're drawing a conclusion that people are drawing conclusions when the majority has agreed that, if you're caught cheating you deserve to be banned, end off, there is no if's or buts here, thats the law laid down by microsoft and we must adhere to it.

You're primary arguement seems to be (please feel free to correct me if Im wrong) that you feel its unfair that microsoft has a policy that basically says, "Ban everything that doesnt obey us".

Yet people are paying for a service to which they use under the idea that they are protected from people using third parties to manipulate ALL DIFFERENT aspects of the game. I don't think I'm alone in saying that, I use xbox live because I'm aware of the hard stance xbox takes on cheaters, sure they might not do a good job when it comes to certain games such as COD MW2, but thats for the game devs to monitor not microsoft. The devs of COD BO's MP have already stated in several interviews they have a dedicated team who will be monitoring their servers to stop what happened on MW2.

If you don't like how microsoft run their company don't play, move to PS3. Its quite literally that simply. Also if you have a better suggestion as to how microsoft can better run their company in regards to investigating players who are modifying their accounts and games then please email them.

https://help.xbox.com/eform.aspx?productKey=xbox360live&page=support_home_options_form_byemail&ct=eformts&locale=en-gb&scrx=1

I'm sure they will appreciate you're suggestions.

The sole reason I came on to this thread was to respond to TheMooseInNam's suggestion that Microsoft were too lenient and his hard-line, holier than thou "nail them all" mentality. I think he needed to get off his high-horse.

There was more misunderstanding with the "Hack the system" comment from him (which it wasn't, or any system that affects any other user of XBL), and DARK-KNIGHT's unbelievable "You're ruining it for the rest of us" comment. The whole thread was weighted heavily against the OP with reactionary, mob-like "burn the cheater" posts. Not everybody thinks this way, I appreciate perspective and the thread needed a dose of that.

My opinion changed over the course of the thread from agreeing the console was lucky not to be banned, to one where the banning of the console over such an offence would be a stupid decision and an unenforceable one at that.

Differences of opinion are allowed here, and exchanges of views are more than welcome. So forgive me for adding fuel to this "flame war" while trying to tease out some form of actual discussion on the issue as opposed to what this thread was before I jumped in - a pure baiting of the OP.

Microsoft aren't out to make soft targets. They're out of protect the integrity of the Xbox experience for it's generally rule abiding user base. Get over it - the kid did something he shouldn't have, got a profile ban, by no means the end of the world at all, lesson learned.
    They're out of protect the integrity of the Xbox experience for it's generally rule abiding user base. Get over it - the kid did something he shouldn't have, got a profile ban, by no means the end of the world at all, lesson learned.
    the kid did something he shouldn't have, got a profile ban, by no means the end of the world at all, lesson learned.
    by no means the end of the world at all, lesson learned
    lesson learned

I think with that post we can all agree TerrorFirmer is most definitly on a higher plain of existance than us mere mortals with wisdom we can barely comprehend, because if all of us had even a fraction of this logic we wouldn't be here fighting.

I advise those who disagree with the ban and think if was too harsh to read Terrors full post and not post here again.

I take my hat off to you sir.

^--- :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 tsmyth

i personally disagree with almost all the posts here apart from the original poster. this was way too harsh of a ban. i cant believe some of the posters here whinging about poor microsoft and breaking their terms of use. he changed the skin colour of a fxxxing avator, big wow. some people are so up tight.

Advertisement