Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - moving from Prepay to Billpay (rant)

Options
  • 30-10-2010 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I am extremely disappointed with the offer that is available to existing Prepay customers. After being a Meteor customer for around 8 years the offers that are available to me are no greater than a new customer. I went to a Meteor store and they cannot match the online offer in terms of price. I was looking at the Smart Lite plan and it would work out €60 cheaper a year online. However the option is not available for me to switch my number online from Prepay to Billpay. If I was a new customer I would get a much better offer.

My only option to avail of the online offer for the Smart Lite plan would be to port my number over to a rival network, then after 30 days return to Meteor. This is my only method of availing of the online offer and keeping my current mobile number. I feel that customers moving from Prepay to Billpay have very little incentive to do so within the Meteor network and will have to move to a rival network in order to get a good deal on a Billpay plan.

To sum up, as a long standing customer of Meteor I'm very disappointed with the lack of offers and options available for existing Prepay customers moving to Billpay. I will not be moving to Billpay on Meteor from Prepay unless the online offer available to all other customers can be matched. I am currently beginning my search for a better deal on a rival network.

/rant :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Classic Flex max sim only, 300 Minutes any Network, 250 Texts, Free 3 to 3, 2GB of Data, it's 30pm but your getting more minutes, texts, data and they'll also give your 50 euro to move your number so over 12mts it's only 10euro more expensive.

Advertisement