Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows Media player - videos not playing properly

• 30-10-2010 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

When i try to play videos on windows media player all that comes up on the screen is coloured lines. The proper image doesn't come through at all.
    I think it's a codec problem but no idea what to do to fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

Download the CCCP codec. In it's folder you'll find Media Player Classic. Use that instead of WMP for movies from now on.

http://www.cccp-project.net/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

As above or try the well known k-Lite codec Mega pack.

Here: http://www.free-codecs.com/download/k_lite_mega_codec_pack.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

VLC Player

/thread :)

No. Do not use VLC. It's awful. It has problems with a lot of files, especially those demanding a lot of computer resources. HD files have rendering, lag and seeking issues. MPC is your best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

No. Do not use VLC. It's awful. It has problems with a lot of files, especially those demanding a lot of computer resources. HD files have rendering, lag and seeking issues. MPC is your best bet.

You are the first person I have even heard complaining about VLC Player. It plays everything from .vob to .mp4.
    Great piece of software.

What file types can it not play?

• Advertisement

First person? You're joking, right? It's common knowledge that VLC is a horrendus media player. It can play any file? That's hardly a feat.

*Dreadful seeking/searching [Audio/Video distortion and lag]
    *No instant play/pause [Last time I checked, anyway. May have been updated]
    *Terrible downscaling.
    *Subtitle issues [Lag behind when seeking]
    *Trouble playing high res on older machines. [Can't play 720 on my 5 year old, MPC can do 1080 no prob]
    *Forget about HD encodes.

MPC? No problems. None. (Unless you want to use the in-built SS grabber - that's a bitch)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭Dude111

I have VLC 0.7 and its wonderful!!

I even have 2 files in my SYSTEM DIRECTORY to play quicktime files (QDM2)

Advertisement