Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU spending Recklessly ??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭ucd.1985

The SU spend recklessly.

I remember one Christmas where they made up posters wshing everyone a Happy Christmas. I dont mean to sound like Scrouge but seriously wtf!

Their constant use of taxis everywhere never ceases to amaze me.

One walk down the SU corridor will show you the vast amount of money that is on over ordering guides, posters and leaflets.

Two of my four years in UCD the SU Freshers Guide wasnt even ready for freshers week.

Why the Ents office cant breakeven on its own is beyond me, why should the whole student body subsidise acts only a minority want to see.

The list is endless really.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭The Agogo

Fad wrote: »
    One of the SU officers told me....

Actually, An SU officer told me this to be true about the free drinks.

Maybe not "unlimited"...but certainly enough to fill their thirsts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Just looking at the Budget.
    The SU one.

Anyway, aside from being annoyed with the service the shuttle bus, I think the SU should buy a second-hand bus to have until it breaks. A nice second hand yoke, spend about 25k.
    You could use it for all those training weekends, travelling to protests, mystery tours, night bus, exam bus. I would pay for itself in no time.

They could also pay a Computer Science student(s) a couple grand to do the SU website. It would be of the same quality if not better than the one there, it would help student(s) in need of funds and would save a few grand every year.

Advertisement