Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why no citylink service from Sligo to Galway?

Options
  • 30-10-2010 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,580 ✭✭✭✭

As much as I like using Feda ODonnell from Sligo to Galway rather than Bus Eireann, it is still mighty expensive to travel from the North West to West. Why is there no citylink service where you can take advantage of the super single saver and possibly book in advance a 1 euro fare instead of the usual 22 euros that Feda charges, or isnt it about time that Feda offered an incentive, where you could book online for a considerably cheaper price.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

As much as I like using Feda ODonnell from Sligo to Galway rather than Bus Eireann, it is still mighty expensive to travel from the North West to West. Why is there no citylink service where you can take advantage of the super single saver and possibly book in advance a 1 euro fare instead of the usual 22 euros that Feda charges, or isnt it about time that Feda offered an incentive, where you could book online for a considerably cheaper price.

Probably some sort of competition rule or maybe not the demand to have three different companies.

Feda O'Donnell does has the advantage though over CIE being cheaper, quicker and free WI-FI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Butlerowski

I heard a rumour that Galway to Belfast is Citylink's next mission and I think it may be via Sligo, I know here come the routemasters and mathematicians with alternative routes. Who knows could be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Had the Western Rail Link been completed you would have been able to take the train!

Advertisement