Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSM Dialler.

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi,

Can I install a GSM dialler that will text my mobile or other designated mobiles. My panel is an Aritech CD3004. I think this panel may be similar to a CS350 in a metal box. My land line provider is UPC, so I think this will not work.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

bren11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Can I install a GSM dialler that will text my mobile or other designated mobiles. My panel is an Aritech CD3004. I think this panel may be similar to a CS350 in a metal box. My land line provider is UPC, so I think this will not work.

Thanks in advance.

There are a lot of different units you could use. Have a look here for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

How much should be expected to be paid to have a dialler supplied and fitted where there is no additional wiring required (phone line junction box right beside alarm control box), and it's over the eircom copper network.

Oh yeah, and where a DSL splitter is needed.

I presume there is no monitoring required as such?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,713 ✭✭✭✭altor

Which HKC panel is it for ?

It would be self monitored.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

bren11 wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks in advance.
    You could also install a standard pstn speech and text unit provided you can get a cable to your alarm from the upc box

Advertisement