Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 sim working in eMobile?

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Quick question, just tried my wifes O2 bill pay sim in my new Emobile Wildfire and it works, she can make calls, send texts etc. No message about it being the wrong sim. Is this a mistake on eMobiles part or just the norm with HTC phones?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Nope it means they are selling unlocked phones.... Get em while they last.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Thanks MunsterCycling, deffinitely get them while they last. Though it may not be the norm and might have been an oversite on their part.

Bv

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Perhaps, but usually new phones can come unlocked and only get locked if the provider pays for a specific firmware to be developed. What is the Wildfire like?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Its not bad, not as powerful as the desire by a long shot but a nice phone. Its considered an entry level phone. I gave it to my wife as I am going to use my unlocked iPhone. I am planning on getting a HTC desire soon though, HTC make some nice phones and I am really impressed with Android.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭boxty

To the OP, can you tell me where you purchased the phone. I am looking for an unlocked wildfire and had a feeling emobile versions might not be locked yet, in the same way as first batch of meteor desires were factory unlocked.

Thanks.

Advertisement