Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Downlighters

Options
  • 30-10-2010 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of a decent and affordable LED downlighter ( GU10 or 12v)
    Looking for lamps that have a "Warm" light
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Anyone know of a decent and affordable LED downlighter ( GU10 or 12v)
    Looking for lamps that have a "Warm" light
    Thanks

the new Philips range is good, I think most of the main wholesalers stock them, they are a bit expensive though

why not get the robus 3w, 48 LED GU10 lamps, give off great colour. nearly the same as a normal 50w. about 10 quid each. only thing is the led's stick out and don't fit in some downlighters. they will fit in a standard low voltage 64mm d.l though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

sonic.trip wrote: »
    why not get the robus 3w, 48 LED GU10 lamps, give off great colour. nearly the same as a normal 50w. about 10 quid each. only thing is the led's stick out and don't fit in some downlighters. they will fit in a standard low voltage 64mm d.l though.

Who stocks these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

dealextreme.com

I picked up a couple for $4 or $5 delivered, work grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Poly,

Saw them alright but I'm a little worried about the quality re safety

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

I have a few GU10's, work fine. Leds don't really get hot.
    Get the soft light models, the white light is a bit harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭sonic.trip

Who stocks these?

most electrical wholesalers will have them as its a robus product. I love dealextreme but don't think these are the same as the ones stocked on DX. worth the extra few quid. You want the "warm type" LED's and make sure when your buying they are GU10's as the idiots made the 12V versions and put them in the exact same box. nearly walked out with some 12V ones before instead of GU10

look like these, very impressive light output:

http://www.robusdirect.com/catalogue/itemdetail.php?itemID=RGU48LED-WW&catID=149

Advertisement