Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mid week whisk(e)y

Options
  • 30-10-2010 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭

I usually keep a green spot and a redbreast 12yr old as my little treat on the weekends and I'm looking for a nice bottle for during the week that's not as heavy on the pocket.

Any recomendations?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Molloys Clondalkin

Hi there Ntlbell
    If its just Irish you want how about a standard Tyrconnell or Connemara?
    or if you like scotch a smooth Black and White usually retails between 19 and 21 euro depending where you shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Brockagh

Or Locke's 8 is very good. Different from the Green Spot or the Redbreast, of course.

A standard Powers Gold Label is hard to beat either, and more in line with the other two. Or, of course, you could go for a Powers 12 or Jameson 12. A little more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

Have to echo Brock above ...

Powers would be my pic too and on special currently at a thrifty €18 in Dunnes Stores ... and if your not too late for a rip roaring €24.99 in O'Briens Jameson 12yo ... can't go wrong for that.

Crested Ten is a nice drop also ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Have to echo Brock above ...

Powers would be my pic too and on special currently at a thrifty €18 in Dunnes Stores ... and if your not too late for a rip roaring €24.99 in O'Briens Jameson 12yo ... can't go wrong for that.

Yup I stocked up on the O'Briens offer which for the next while will be my midweek tipple.

In fact after putting it up to the green spot a number of times it may have just just took a leap past it especially on the nose i find the 12yo more interesting.

Thanks for the tips lads.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

ntlbell, if you're looking for a good whiskey cheaper than greenspot and redbreast 12, then crested ten and blackbush (bushmills - black label) are the only options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭shanel23

If it's real value you're after - try Superquinns own brand at 17€ a bottle - It;s from Cooley and a real cracker for that price.

Advertisement