Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Increasingly Depressing Financial Crisis Thread

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

jumpguy wrote: »
    Tbh, I reckon FG would easily make government with independents or something, but time will tell I guess.

He basically said that the government isn't strong enough to face up the unions, who are most certainly not holding up their side of the Croke Park deal. And he's right...

You might be right if, say, Bruton was leading them, with Noonan as Finance Spokesperson or a similar arrangement. They won't get that many seats with the prospect of Enda being Taoiseach though, speaking as somebody who actually likes the man.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

I was watching a bit of this yesterday before I got thoroughly depressed by it all, but I caught a speech from someone in Fine Gael (sitting beside Enda Kenny) talking about how Fine Gael would manage finance and they seemed all about promoting growth and cutting VAT and all that, and going by that speech if I was eligible to vote I'd probably vote Fine Gael. Am I just being incredibly gullible, or was he talking sense?

Oh, and I noticed that the majority of TDs are like overgrown kids...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »
    I was watching a bit of this yesterday before I got thoroughly depressed by it all, but I caught a speech from someone in Fine Gael (sitting beside Enda Kenny) talking about how Fine Gael would manage finance and they seemed all about promoting growth and cutting VAT and all that, and going by that speech if I was eligible to vote I'd probably vote Fine Gael. Am I just being incredibly gullible, or was he talking sense?

Was it the big bald lad Noonan? Excellent speech. I'd veer towards FG myself but would disagree with some of what he said ideology-wise. That said, he argued most of his points well enough that providing his numbers were right I would accept the policies I wouldn't generally like.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Xx_emma_xX wrote: »

It was probably Noonan, he did FG a huge amount of favours yesterday, even won me over. I can't believe he was ever in the backbenchs and they have that slimy idiot Kenny as their leader, what a pity. If Noonan was to definitely be finance minister if FG took over government, I'd certainly feel more inclined to go FG.

jumpguy wrote: »
    It was probably Noonan, he did FG a huge amount of favours yesterday, even won me over. I can't believe he was ever in the backbenchs and they have that slimy idiot Kenny as their leader, what a pity. If Noonan was to definitely be finance minister if FG took over government, I'd certainly feel more inclined to go FG.

Pity it'll most likely be a FG/Lab coalition.

• Advertisement

The only possible governments, assuming neither Labour or Fine Gael would go into government with FF, is Lab/Fg or one including SF.

Great choices. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

From what I remember Noonan didnt do very well as leader of Fine Gael they got an awful hammering in 2002. However that might have just been because of the good economy at the time.. And thie pie incident didnt help Noonan....

pie1.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

biffo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

At least this gov. is all coming to an end. Vote Labour!!! (or whoever else takes your fancy)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Thank god John Jackson is gone, Jack Johnson ftw!!!

• Advertisement

Im voting for the Christian Solidarity Party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

^ Damn, I forgot to include them in the poll for the general election thread. :(

WHAT OPTION WILL ALL THEIR SUPPORTERS CLICK NOW?

You also forgot the Planning Reform Party.

kev9100 wrote: »
    At least this gov. is all coming to an end. Vote Labour!!! (or whoever else takes your fancy)

Definitely, what we need is to increase spending!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

You also forgot the Planning Reform Party.

And the Irish Pirate Party.

I fail at polls tbh....

I fail at polls tbh....

A bit like Fianna Fail!

Thanks, I'm here all weekend.

Advertisement