Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accounting

• 30-10-2010 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭

I know you shouldn't rely on educated guesses but what do you think will come up as a Q.1 this year? :) Personally I'm hoping for a company a/c as a manufacturing a/c would really destroy me. :pac: I can't see a sole trader coming up but you never know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

i'm hoping company accounts too
    manufacturing accounts are soo confusing but i have a feeling it'll come up as it hasn't come up on it's own in a couple of years

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I did my Accounting LC this year (2010) and we were expecting Company, and Sole came up. It's likely that you will get Company.

Be prepared for all possible Q1s though. Remember, the adjustments can be changed around. There are certain adjustments that usually come up for Company, and those that usually come up for Sole Trader, but in the last few years they seem to be changing it around a bit.

Be prepared for Manufacturing also - it's not actually that difficult, there's just an extra bit to learn. Practicing Manufacturing will help you with adjustment practice, which is the important part.

Ask yourself is worth learning Departmental. It has never appeared as a HL question before, and nobody really knows why, but it is on the syllabus and can appear. Some say it's easier than other types, but they're wrong - there may be slightly less adjustments to make it easier on timing, but you need to know the layout. To be honest, I didn't really bother looking at Departmental for my LC - I said I would do 60 markers if it came up! However, bear in mind that every year that goes by increases the chance of Departmental coming up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Ya those ratty departmental ac's would not be cool. Company ftw hopefully :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Company accounts were my favourite. I hated Departmental because they are impossible to fit neatly onto the page!

Don't ignore the 60-markers either - sometimes the Q1 can be quite iffy - like in 2008 - that was a tough one.

Advertisement