Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with three

Options
  • 30-10-2010 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

Long story short.

Signed up to iPhone on three in May. €29 a month, 15% discount, double flexi units & free 1GB mobile surfing add on. It was a 18 month contract.

In July got a text saying I was eligble for an upgrade. I thought this was wierd as I had just upgraded. I asked would it affect my contract and I was assured it wouldn't so I went ahead.

I am now told I am no longer entitled to the 1GB as I had received the samsung wave.

They are refusing to give me the 1GB for free.

Can I walk away from the contract as I have been on the phone to them for over 8 hours this month alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,199 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Just move to one of the flex max palns and you'll get 2GB data, your discount should still hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

I would but there all too expensive.

Classic Max is €40 or €34 w/discount.

I get 850 text messages (including text addon)

Currently I am paying €24.65 for 900 text messages.

Granted with the new plan I get 2GB v 1GB but I never reach my allowance anway.

Are you talking to customer care or the upgrades team(i'm not sure of the irish guys are working today). They may be able to put back on the 1GB or push them for 20% instead of 15% then you'll be about the same.
    If it's india your talking to today don't bother wait until monday and ring through as if your getting an upgrade over the phone.

I'm not due an upgrade as I am in contract until Nov 11.

Been talking to both Mumbai & Waterford both refer me to the other and neither can make a decision. At this point I am tempted to walk away from the contract and refuse to pay Early terminiation fee considering Three broke the contract. Would that work or is that just asking for trouble?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you asked for the call records, to prove that you were told it wouldn't change your contract

• Advertisement

Yes and they said they'd get back to me in 48hours that was a month ago tried again but still haven't got it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes and they said they'd get back to me in 48hours that was a month ago tried again but still haven't got it

You might want to get in contact with comreg and try get this resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

write to them explaining the issues you are now having with them and requesting a transcript and copy of the call recording where you were told the upgrade would not affect your call plan and copy the letter to ComReg who should be able to put pressure on them. dont forget to use the heading "formal complaint".

these companies rely on customers ringing their low quality low cost indian moan lines as this is only logged as feedback them ignored for the most part but a formal written complaint must be treated differently!

Try the guys in waterford on Monday, Call 1913 then select the upgrade option and tell them you've a problem about your upgrade you agreed to, I had a barney with them last week about the length of my contract, customer care would do nothing, got onto the upgrades, explained the situation and was sorted in 5 minutes.
    Basically the guy on the phone said he was giving me an iphone on a 12mt contract, double units and 1GB of data, asked them about my upgrade 2 weeks ago as double units had run out, and was told I was in an 18mt contract, got the iphone about the same time as yourself. It's a pretty similar problem we have and I got sorted out.

I was suggesting asking for the extra 5% now not waiting until your next upgrade. If the give you the extra 5% your happy or honor the Deal you agreed to with the dude on the phone.

Keep calm with them and just tell them about your little problem, a manger can sort that out straight away.

Comreg is a last resort.

Its been ongoing for months now and have talked to both upgrades & mumbai about it and they both keep handing me off to the other. Kinda fed up.

• Advertisement

If you got the same deal as me through telesales, double units & 1GB of Data for the iphone, there the ones who done the deal and should honor it. (i sold my iphone and got a galaxy so they still think i've an iphone, hence I still have the data)

The deal was double units for 6mts and 1GB of data for the rest of the contract. My double units have expired but i've still the data as agreed, you just want the data to remain.
    Try monday, i'd be inclined to not hang up until it's sorted.

tbh, you did get 2 upgrades shortly after each other, not your fault but your could have guessed something could go wrong. Your only talking an extra fiver a month for 200 extra units, 2G of data and a Free extra, i'm sure the discount you got on both phones easily out weighs the cost of moving to classic flex max.

I'm guessing the second upgrade over rode the original iphone deal as it was not an iphone contract you switched to. Hence there not budging.

I think your up money no matter what way you look at it considering the value of the phones, your only hit is the 50 euro it would cost you to change plan for 10mts. Surley selling one of the phones would easily recoup that..

Advertisement