Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smoking at Bus Stops should be banned

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

zenno wrote: »
    toxic fug, is everywere you are drinking it eating it inhailing it from toxic exhaust pipes on a daily basis do you want to ban all those as well ? the air is polluted as well lets ban that.

I didn't say anything about banning smoking or not, I was commenting on why some biddies bathe in that awful clawing perfume. Your hysterical response is...well, hysterical, in every sense of the word.

For the record I think smokers should knock themselves out, it's seldom you meet sane people passionately arguing for the right to pay the exchequer a considerable contribution for the privilege of inhaling well known poisons and a couple of accepted carcinogens. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

gurramok wrote: »
    Its intimidating blowing poisonous fumes in my mouth. Why should I move when its the smoker trying to kill me?

The smoker is tryig to kill you? A little bit of an exageration? Do you also propose stoping people from driving cars?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Its intimidating blowing poisonous fumes in my mouth. Why should I move when its the smoker trying to kill me?

I don't think he's trying to kill you... And how is it intimidating?!

Please elaborate on that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

The smoker is tryig to kill you? A little bit of an exageration? Do you also propose stoping people from driving cars?

Cars don't drive into people at bus stops. Have you heard, smoking kills and blowing smoke into someones face is a form of attempted murder :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

One of the best things you could do is get yourself a car then you can smother yourself with your own farts

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

i dont smoke but i dont mind people smoking, i do however not like people who try to tell people to stop somthing that they hve done for years.
    green party is a prime example, a few people get it into their head and force eco taxes on everyone else :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I smoke :D

There is tons wrong with it, grow up. I am not talking about open spaces, I am talking about a cramped bus shelter. I don't know who these people are, there could be people who are trying to quit smoking, they could be kids, they could be pregnant women, they could be old people who have medical problems. So I choose not be a selfish git and if I want to smoke, I go elsewhere.

i don't think i have ever seen a cramped bus shelter to be honest,all it is is a piece of plastic covering the rain from heads not a building,the majority have no closed walls meaning the smoke escapes and harms nobody.

the people who don't smoke have mouths,open them,don't just stand there coughing in my face trying to get your point across,that is ignorance of the highest level and would encourage me to blow even more smoke into the path of you,get over it ask politely or move.

Cars don't drive into people at bus stops. Have you heard, smoking kills and blowing smoke into someones face is a form of attempted murder :mad:

I'd love to see something as retarded as that stand up in a court.

What a stupid statement.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Ya know what I hate? People who decide to have a cigarette at a bus stop, when there are loads of other people standing around waiting for their bus.
    We all have to stand there and inhale the filthy smoke, you can't get away from it either because you don't want to walk too far away from the bus stop, plus there's often wind pushing the smoke in your face. It's even worse when it's raining and people are squashed under a tiny bus shelter. Seems to happen every time I get a bus.

I just think it's so rude and ignorant.
    Anyone else agree?

I'm with you 100%.. A lot of smokers tend to be very selfish, standing in doorways letting the smoke bellow back into the house/office etc is another one I hate.. Just walk the fcuk away, a few feet even, it's not that hard :rolleyes:

People getting on buses with their lungs still filled with smoke and then blowing it all over the already packed and smelly bus *vom* :mad:

People driving around with small children in their car smoking their brains out with the windows rolled up :confused: disgusting..

People sitting beside you straight after smoking and they reek of it.. UUrrrghhh..

You get the message.. I fcuking hate smoking with a passion.. unfortunately, it's something that's probably always going to be there.. I think it's either put up with it or cause conflict by making an issue out of it with people.. I'm with the quiet life option tbh..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

I view it as attempted murder. I think people should be allowed to use reasonable force in self-defence against smokers.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see something as retarded as that stand up in a court.

What a stupid statement.

Do you know what smoke is?:confused:

Its the same stuff that come from fires, it can kill you so anyone deliberately blowing smoke in my face when standing at a bus stop should be arrested.

flash1080 wrote: »
    I view it as attempted murder. I think people should be allowed to use reasonable force in self-defence against smokers.
    What a stupid statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

I didn't say anything about banning smoking or not, I was commenting on why some biddies bathe in that awful clawing perfume. Your hysterical response is...well, hysterical, in every sense of the word.

For the record I think smokers should knock themselves out, it's seldom you meet sane people passionately arguing for the right to pay the exchequer a considerable contribution for the privilege of inhaling well known poisons and a couple of accepted carcinogens. :pac:

well I agree with that point because i know how bad smoking is but i like a smoke it relaxes me when i get hysterical lol.

look. the next time i am at the bus stop i will move a good bit away from everyone and if anyone gives me any crap after doing this then i will lose it. I do not stand right beside a person when i smoke i stand a fare bit away so i will stand further away like a leper just for all you non-smokers are you happy now ?.

Its the same stuff that come from fires, it can kill you so anyone deliberately blowing smoke in my face when standing at a bus stop should be arrested.

nobody "deliberately" blows smoke into other peoples faces at bus stops,get a grip

I never said anything about blowing smoke deliberately into your face and neither did you, until now.

Don't go clutching at straws because your "attempted murder" speel has gone down the drain.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    nobody "deliberately" blows smoke into other peoples faces at bus stops,get a grip
    I never said anything about blowing smoke deliberately into your face and neither did you, until now.

Don't go clutching at straws because your "attempted murder" speel has gone down the drain.

Smoking at a bus stop knowing that smoking kills is deliberate poisoning of innocent bystanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

Ever heard of second hand smoke? :rolleyes:
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

i don't think i have ever seen a cramped bus shelter to be honest,all it is is a piece of plastic covering the rain from heads not a building,the majority have no closed walls meaning the smoke escapes and harms nobody.

the people who don't smoke have mouths,open them,don't just stand there coughing in my face trying to get your point across,that is ignorance of the highest level and would encourage me to blow even more smoke into the path of you,get over it ask politely or move.

You expect people to come up to you and tell you to move away?? I would be terrified to, especially hearing what other posters have already said about it.

Smoking at a bus stop knowing that smoking kills is deliberate poisoning of innocent bystanders.

Seriously, get over yourself. Just take a minute to read back over your last 5-7 posts and tell me you don't sound like a hypocondriac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Einhard

LOL and what exactly are you smoking gurramok?!

• Advertisement

You expect people to come up to you and tell you to move away?? I would be terrified to, especially hearing what other posters have already said about it.

well then if you can't open your mouth like a big girl,deal with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

well to be honest with you from my earlier post from what i said...I would just bark at you i wouldn't do anything nasty but i would tell you were to go thats forsure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I'll tell you what's ignorant, anti-smoking nazis trying to monopolise every outdoor area in the world.

I gave up smoking about a month ago and couldn't agree with you more on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

You know whats worse, people visiting your house and smoke in it:mad:, so fecking ignorant.

Grow a set.
    Your house, your rules.

Seriously, get over yourself. Just take a minute to read back over your last 5-7 posts and tell me you don't sound like a hypocondriac

Huh? Its proven that smoking kills, whats the problem?
    Einhard wrote: »
    LOL and what exactly are you smoking gurramok?!

Nothing, thank zod. I've been educated to know that if I were to smoke, I would be killing myself. Think all it needs a bit of education for the smokers to realise that blowing smoke into other people's faces is a killing machine.:mad:

xzanti wrote: »
    People getting on buses with their lungs still filled with smoke and then blowing it all over the already packed and smelly bus *vom* :mad:

People sitting beside you straight after smoking and they reek of it.. UUrrrghhh..

So not only do you think that smoking should be banned at bus stops, but that there should be a mandatory waiting period before someone who has just smoked is allowed on a bus? And that those who smoke should be prohibited from occupying the same space as non-smokers after they've had a fag?! Why not segregate the baxtards altogether?! District 9 for smokers. Seriosuly...

well then if you can't open your mouth like a big girl,deal with it.

If you read through the thread, you'd see how angry some smokers are. It would be idiotic to go up to someone and ask them not to smoke near me.
    Idiotic because I could antagonize them. If people just grew up and considered non-smokers there wouldn't be a problem.

zenno wrote: »
    well to be honest with you from my earlier post from what i said...I would just bark at you i wouldn't do anything nasty but i would tell you were to go thats forsure.

Well it sounded very intimidating. Plus how am I to know what sort of mood a smoker is in if I were to go up to them?
    I'm just trying to be realistic

Nothing, thank zod. I've been educated to know that if I were to smoke, I would be killing myself. Think all it needs a bit of education for the smokers to realise that blowing smoke into other people's faces is a killing machine.:mad:

The chances of damaging one's health from second hand smoke experienced in brief encounters entirely out of doors is miniscule. The fumes from exhausts and other pollutants in any large city is far worse for the health. I don't smoke, and I welcome the smoking ban, but sometimes I think people can go a bit too far in wishing to curtail the liberties of other because they might cause them some minor inconvenience.

• Advertisement

I'm just trying to be realistic

Clearly not. Your logic is completely irrational.

Ban smoking at bus stops, ha. Good one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement