Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

C4E Confirms New AP2.5 Checks on New Dashboard with New Games

• 30-10-2010 4:27pm

[c4eva] New AP25 checks confirmed on new dash with fable 3, LT+ coming for required drives with SSv3 and anti AP25 included!
    [c4eva] there are 5 ap25 checks done when xex is launched!
    [c4eva] samsung doesnt have ap25
    [c4eva] 360s LT+ will include this now
    [c4eva] samsung and some old hitachi dont have ap25
    [c4eva] samsung wont do ap25, it will be skipped (safe)
    [c4eva] they will detect your drive changing to a samsung! [if you spoof to Samsung]
    [c4eva] confirmation will need to be done on released retail kinect dash!
    [c4eva] at this point, only new games check ap25!
    [c4eva] kreon=fail!

The new final fall2010 dashboard is still expected to hit retail consoles on or before Nov 4th (Kinect release date).
    News-Source: #FW@EFnet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

As expected, new challenge/response checks that fail with existing LT firmware. Good to know c4eva is on top of things :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

obviously going to happen
    Now everyone has to put up with the "I got banned I thought Lt was safe" people whining for the next month or so.
    interesting that samsungs and older hitachis pass these new checks though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

LT+ is only for the slim.

Straight from xboxscene

Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles Not, LT+ WIP
    >> Updates from C4E on the fall2010 dashboard update from #FW@EFnet:

[c4eva] ap2.5 already defeated, backup fable 3 running fine on beta dash! more data required for analysis!
    [**] C4 are you planning on releasing the new LT+ for the old consoles? ie. not slim?
    [c4eva] **:yes

[***] c4eva, is it confirmed that current FW and older games will be safe in the new dash?
    [c4eva] ***:unknown at present!

[c4eva] dash out?
    [c4eva] version please?
    [c4eva] so it begins,dash version please?
    [****] c4 2.0.12611.0
    [c4eva] very good, thx, same version im already working with!

[*****] C4 are you still working on hitas? Will they eventually be released =)?
    [c4eva] *****:was working on it , not for a while now!
    [*******] c4eva so there will be a LT+ for lite-on and benq drives
    [c4eva] yes

[c4eva] ok, have logged the update process, analysing!
    [c4eva] logged entire update process, no vendor packets, only standard inquiry and key exchange, so update process safe!
    [c4eva] fable 3 not safe! ap2.5 active for that title with new dash!

[c4eva] as soon as we have enough data on ap25 then there will be something
    [c4eva] testing more game titles soon for ap25!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

whats the english language version of this? keep fw modded lite on's with iextreme off live til theres a new update out that you can reflash with?

• Advertisement

Dont play Fable 3 and newer games.

what about playing them offline though?

Newer games with new AP2.5 checks cannot be played (e.g. Fable 3). The game will refuse to play, giving a disc unreadable error. I don't know if this happens before or during the game, I don't own Fable 3 but either way it won't work - online or offline.

Failing an AP2.5 check is pretty much the smoking gun when it comes to flagging your console for a ban by the way. So if you do attempt to play games which the latest firmware can't handle then expect to get nailed if you peek above the parapit (go onto live, even for a few moments).

fable iii works fine for me though?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Helix wrote: »
    fable iii works fine for me though?

Arn't some of the older drives incapable of the AP2.5 challenge/responses, say maybe thats why?

• Advertisement

interesting

though this one was a retail bought in april. lite-on with iextreme on it

Yup, (s)Hitachi drives and Samsung drives can't do the new AP25 checks, so those drives skip them (which is safe if your drive is actually a Samsung/Hitachi). If you've spoofed to Samsung from a Benq or a LiteOn then you'll be caught.

Also, the new checks are only present in the new dashboard. If you're offline and haven't updated to the Kinect dashboard then you'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Helix wrote: »
    interesting

though this one was a retail bought in april. lite-on with iextreme on it

You've got me there then :confused: Is it possible there are versions of this game 'available' with check routine removed at all?

that is perhaps possible alright

ill try cod in it now and see if it plays

Also, the new checks are only present in the new dashboard. If you're offline and haven't updated to the Kinect dashboard then you'll be grand.

thats explained it so

havent updated since it was plenty clear thered be a ban wave with the new dashboard. ill just wait for the new firmware next week before updating

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Doesn't black ops force the dashboard update or am I mistaken?

Updates from C4E on New Dash: Update Process Seems Safe, AP2.5 Titles Not, LT+ WIP
    >> C4E posted some updates about the Xbox360 fall2010 dashboard security on #FW@EFnet. He reports the Update Process itself seems 'safe' atm, however that doesn't mean you can go ahead updating and booting everything you want. AP2.5 games are a problem/unsafe for sure (and we don't know exactly which titles all have or will have AP2.5 active). For the rest nothing is 100% confirmed safe atm.

[c4eva] as soon as we have enough data on ap25 then there will be something
    [c4eva] testing more game titles soon for ap25!

ps: from SCENE...

RealistSpy - Updates were already posted on the first page :)

@justryan: It most likely will, but Black Ops isn't out until November 9th.

Looks like cod Black ops dosnt have the 9199 update. Will play fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 490 ✭✭thegame

i have the lt drive flashed

so i just went on to xbox live today and it said to update but i didnt...i never play games online but have a xbox live account i only download demos..is it safe to update or not or wait for a new firmware

• Advertisement

i believe the current state of play is that its safe to update once you dont play certain games with the update installed (currently fable iii), however if you dont NEED to update - ie you're not planning on using kinect on that machine right now - then avoid the update for a few weeks

any updates on this? havent seen anything about ban waves yet... i assume theyre waiting til a good chunk of people have bought kinect before dropping the ban hammer and forcing them to get a new console at christmas

Advertisement