Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Losing Control...

Options
  • 30-10-2010 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I don't really know how to write or communicate this but here goes, forgive me if I don't make sence....!

A long time ago, I witnessed quite regular domestic violence at home (15-18 years ago). It was quite extreme back then, I was a child of no more than 8 or 9 years.

I moved out of the family home almost four years ago, to the other end of the country. I thought getting away was the answer, but I have also been drawn back so many times.

When I moved, I thought I was initially doing well, I started a new college course and made some friends (more like just a few!).

As time went on, I started to get more and more down in myself...and my life has changed for the worse over the past few years because I can't forget of what happened in my family when I was a child.

Up to now, I have struggled through college...barely passing my exams to the point I am now going to fail (there's no doubt in it!).

I have sought professional help, been to my GP, college councellor and mental health team, I feel sad to say this but none of them have changed the way I feel.

I spent two years on medication, and felt completely raw on them...Until last week I suppose I was 'under control'. Like I was self harming on medication and I feel worse that I am without them.

I went to my GP the other day and saw the team as well, they all feel that meds are not the answer, that I need to face my problems head on...I don't think I can do this even though I know at some point I have to!

Anyway...I don't know if there's anyone out there that has been in a similar situation, does anyone know what I should do...I feel as every day goes on, I'm losing more and more control over my life....

So sorry about the rant..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i have no idea of what its like to be in your situation but i want to offer my sympathy to you.

Advertisement