Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Your Setup!

Options
  • 30-10-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

I've seen this on a few RB communities across the net, especially ones dedicated to modding so I thought we could get a similar thread going! Here's a few of my new setup, which is fairly messy right now but I'll get around to tidying up all the wires up eventually:

P8290423.jpg

P8290424.jpg

P8290425.jpg

I'm using the Mad Catz portable kit pads on top of my regular e-drumkit until the MIDI pro adapter's released and a stock RB1 pedal w/ metal plate to prevent snapping. I'd much rather be using my real pedal though! The Mad Catz pads are actually pretty good and I haven't had any dropped hits on them yet, not even on the red, so I can actually do rolls now! TV and Xbox are in the spare room (this isn't my room) since my kit shakes the damn ceiling when it's in my room so they had to be moved! All atop an overturned bed and mattress. :p

Show me yours!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Nice!! Slightly O/T, but any tips for modding the pedal. I recently bought the RB1 drum kit. I broke my original bass pedal (twice) and my snare (during a drum roll in Colony of Birchmen). That metal cover looks the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Nice!! Slightly O/T, but any tips for modding the pedal. I recently bought the RB1 drum kit. I broke my original bass pedal (twice) and my snare (during a drum roll in Colony of Birchmen). That metal cover looks the business.

Check out this link and consider buying this plate, or any similar one you can find easily across the internet. Basically what you get is the metal plate itself and self-drilling screws. You place the metal plate over your existing pedal, hold it in place and use the screws to bore through the plastic of the pedal so it stays in place. And presto! You'e got a (near) indestructible pedal that can take a hell of a lot of punishment. I haven't had any problems since using this fix and I went through 2 RB pedals before I got the plate. Mine's different in design to the one in the link but they'll work the same.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

My current set up is pathetic, so here's the one I had about a year ago, which is slightly better.

380725745a12027266692l.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Where the magic happens...

img4168v.th.jpg

Have a GH Metallica and GH2 guitar stuffed behind the couch somewhere, and will most likely pick up a set of drums soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Set up today , primed and ready for some serious RB shenanigans, I'm alternating between GH and RB guitars at the minute :confused:

2513D20AED60442F9865C08E506B8E8E-0000317783-0002007955-00640L-F76C7800E0534EFABDE35DA3EA33DC7F.jpg

Axes, sadly the Xplorer and Strat have seen their best days.
    A070D0A1BBFE44C7B5CCF6768E0060A0-240.jpg

• Advertisement

That's a sweet set-up man, especially like the stickers on the GH2 guitar :D

Oh, a prize to the person who spots my foolish experiment in my setup which obviously didn't work as I had hoped :o

What was I thinking :confused:

Note : There is no prize :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

calex71 wrote: »
    Oh, a prize to the person who spots my foolish experiment in my setup which obviously didn't work as I had hoped :o

What was I thinking :confused:

Note : There is no prize :D

You put a clock there expecting to be able to keep track of time while playing?:p

tman wrote: »
    You put a clock there expecting to be able to keep track of time while playing?:p

It's still an hour fast, I got it in the €2 shop and lost the instructions for it so I can't work out how to change it.

No, if you look I actually have two bass pedals connected with a splitter. It works, just not very well, not very well at all. They are just an on off switch essentially so they can only be either on or off. So one has to be fully back up before you can hit the other one.

Ah, I saw those double pedals, but I though maybe you'd cut open one of your guitars or something. Damn!

• Advertisement
Advertisement