Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Poolbeg lighthouse shot

• 30-10-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi, I was down at poolbeg today and got a shot of the lighthouse, I think i'm slowly proving my landscape shots, thoughts on this and how I could improve it?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/conorclinch/5128717451/

Thanks,
    Conor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

lay off the processing a bit, there's quite an obvious halo around the lighthouse and the red is well over-saturated...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Why do you not open the pic on the thread? There's a how to in the FAQ's or is it to divert traffic to your flickr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭.Conor.

humberklog wrote: »
    Why do you not open the pic on the thread? There's a how to in the FAQ's or is it to divert traffic to your flickr?

everytime I try it comes out huge on the forum D:

Ok, I'm going to take it down, lay off the editing a little and re-upload it. Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its still really over-cooked. Can we see the original?

Ok, I toned the red down to the original colour: http://www.flickr.com/photos/conorclinch/5128717451/

I actually prefer it as the original colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

composition is a little heavy on the wall (for me), a narrower angle and placing the lighthouse on a vertical third would work better for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I only got to see the last version and I like it, cept the halo on the lighthouse as CM mentioned earlier.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,269 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the motion blur on the couple is naff. apart from that, i like it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement