Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Week 9

• 30-10-2010 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭

Valencia v Zaragoza
    Hercules v Real Madrid (19:30 Sky Sports 1)
    Barcelona v Sevilla (21:00 Sky Sports 1)
    Racing v Osasuna
    Malaga v Real Sociedad
    Deportivo v Espanyol
    Sporting v Villareal
    Athletico Madrid v Almeria (18:30 Sky Sports 1)
    Athletic Bilbao v Getafe (20:00 Sky Sports 1)
    Mallorca v Levante

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Valencia and Zaragoza drawing 1-1 at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Another tough game for Barcelona.

3-1 (Messi, Messi, Iniesta)

Another tough game for Barcelona.

3-1 (Messi, Messi, Iniesta)

Ye good performance from Sevilla last week but i think Barca will be able to raise there game adn get the win. Will be a close game though. It will be interesting to see if Hercules can put up as good a fight tonight as they did against Barca, should be 2 good games to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ FFS, gonna miss the game of the season due to having to go out for facking Halloween. Raging.

Anyway, the mighty Hercules 1-0 V Real at half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 649 ✭✭✭fillmore jive

valencia only get the draw, they're really bottling it now.

Ronaldo yet again, Real now 2-1 up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

The sexy bastard scores again.

2 more goals for God.

And Ronaldo again.... He is unstoppable right now.

Di Maria got the 1st for Real tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Goal machine Ronaldo with his second. 3-1 now, game over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

MOG7 wrote: »
    And Ronaldo again.... He is unstoppable right now.

Di Maria got the 1st for Real tonight too.

Ronaldo assist I believe, unless they want to give it to the keeper, he took the shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Ronaldo is a goal machine .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

mourinho.jpg

Pressure on Barca now.

cristiano-ronaldo-real-madrid-la-liga-04.jpg

flahavaj wrote: »
    mourinho.jpg

Pressure on Barca now.

I had a feeling we'd be seeing that photo.

46 goals in 46 games for Madrid.

Crikey. Money well spent.

I had a feeling we'd be seeing that photo.

I've actually been slipping the last few weeks. Sorry lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Messi AGAIN. Like I keep saying, it's ridiculous at just how far he is ahead of everyone else.

Messi AGAIN. Like I keep saying, it's ridiculous at just how far he is ahead of everyone else.

Except, of course, behind Ronaldo in goals, and in the league table.

I think he's the best player in the world, but its equally ridiculous to say this kind of stuff on the very same night that Ronaldo brough his Madrid record to a goal a game.

• Advertisement

Well how far ahead him and Ronaldo are ahead of everyone else, not going to start this arguement again, i do rate Messi higher.

What i find amazing is how they do this every single week, it is crazy how consistent they are.

Also is Martin Caceres still owned by Barca? Strange that they've aloud to let him play :confused:

Archimedes wrote: »
    Except, of course, behind Ronaldo in goals, and in the league table.
    Messi still edges Ronaldo for me. A lot of Barca players have not being pulling their weight so far this season. Messi has practically carried the team to victory a number of times. I think that's the difference between Ronaldo and Messi. Messi is more influential as an individual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Also is Martin Caceres still owned by Barca? Strange that they've aloud to let him play :confused:
    Yep, he's on loan at Sevilla.

On the same note, Real didn't let Drenthe play for Hercules tonight.

Well how far ahead him and Ronaldo are ahead of everyone else, not going to start this arguement again, i do rate Messi higher.
    Well, David Villa is clearly a world class striker, you only need to look at his goal scoring record to see that. Yet when we see him in the same team as Messi, he looks nearly ordinary.

Messi still edges Ronaldo for me. A lot of Barca players have not being pulling their weight so far this season. Messi has practically carried the team to victory a number of times. I think that's the difference between Ronaldo and Messi. Messi is more influential as an individual.

Thats a whole lot more reasonable than what you originally said though about Messi being "so much further ahead of everyone else."

Well, David Villa is clearly a world class striker, you only need to look at his goal scoring record to see that. Yet when we see him in the same team as Messi, he looks nearly ordinary.

That's because he's been pretty average, and hasn't settled yet. Nothing to do with Messi.

I'm thinking about making a Messi v Ronaldo thread.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Thats a whole lot more reasonable than what you originally said though about Messi being "so much further ahead of everyone else."
    I was referring to his team mates, should have stated that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

What a goal by villa

• Advertisement

What a fúcking goal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Nice finish from Villa.

WHAT. A. FINISH. !!! :eek:

That's because he's been pretty average, and hasn't settled yet.

Who the fúck is this idiot????

:o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

What a goal from Barca. Messi make a cunt of two defenders in one fluid movement and plays via on the right wing, cuts inside onto his left beating the left back and curling majestically into the top corner. A tremendous goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

That's because he's been pretty average, and hasn't settled yet. Nothing to do with Messi.

I think that's extremely harsh. He has for everything right. The goals will come in time. His work rate and link up play have been top class. He has just been unlucky infront of goal. He'll come good though, and when he does Barca will be a very very different proposition compared to how disappointing they've been at times this year.

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    I think that's extremely harsh. He has for everything right. The goals will come in time. His work rate and link up play have been top class. He has just been unlucky infront of goal. He'll come good though, and when he does Barca will be a very very different proposition compared to how disappointing they've been at times this year.

Well that's what I mean, average probably not the right word to use. I just meant that he's not been up to the high standard he's capable of, but that's nothing to do with Messi.

eZe^ wrote: »

As they said during the game tonight he has hit the woodwork 8 times already for Barca, shows how unlucky he has been. he is a top class striker and i am 100% sure he will bang in many this season.

And Sevilla now down to 10 men, game over for sure.

Well that's what I mean, average probably not the right word to use. I just meant that he's not been up to the high standard he's capable of, but that's nothing to do with Messi.

In that case I agree with you! He's been sublime so far tonight, that crossfield ball for Pedro (which lead to Konko's red) was unbelievable.

Red Sevilla. all over now.

One of the better Barca performances this season. Work rate and pressing the opposition has been much better tonight. Everyone can see how great Barca are offensively, but the other equally vital part of Barca's tactics that not everyone sees is that they just press the bejebus out of the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭JPA

4-0, Alves and Messi.

• Advertisement

And Messi matches Ronaldos weekend, great little run and finish.

Messi's goals were nicer.

And Villa scores to make it 5-0, an identical finish to Messi's 2nd goal. Very good performance by Barca tonight, those goals should really kick start Villa's season too.

david-villa-wallpaper-198.jpg

Barca have answered every question asked of them against big teams this year. It'll be interesting to see how Madrid does against the likes of Sevilla, Valencia, and Atletico.

wallpapers_guardiola.jpg&t=1

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭bamboozling

Lads I've had an epiphany. We just got Sky into the house last week so it has been my first chance to watch them in a normal league match. While I'd get to see them maybe twice or three times a year live in the champions’ league group stages but never in the normal league setting.

They were great tonight. It's a word that is over used in my opinion but they were great tonight, really great. The fluidity of their passing was immense, the movement and work rate was tremendous and they comprehensively beat a good team in Sevilla. They scored 5 but they could have scored a plethora more.

I can't wait to watch Ronaldo week in as well and really I can't believe I used to believe all the bull**** about Premier League being best league in the world. Barcelona were great and I thoroughly enjoyed watching tonight.

I think anymore I'll be looking forward to my football on the Saturday's and Sunday's and be watching La Liga every week. Barcelona are really a great team.

Lads I've had an epiphany. We just got Sky into the house last week so it has been my first chance to watch them in a normal league match. While I'd get to see them maybe twice or three times a year live in the champions’ league group stages but never in the normal league setting.

They were great tonight. It's a word that is over used in my opinion but they were great tonight, really great. The fluidity of their passing was immense, the movement and work rate was tremendous and they comprehensively beat a good team in Sevilla. They scored 5 but they could have scored a plethora more.

I can't wait to watch Ronaldo week in as well and really I can't believe I used to believe all the bull**** about Premier League being best league in the world. Barcelona were great and I thoroughly enjoyed watching tonight.

I think anymore I'll be looking forward to my football on the Saturday's and Sunday's and be watching La Liga every week. Barcelona are really a great team.

Every week in the La Liga thread a PL fan realises that La Liga is the League to be watching. Sky are brilliant as they have 4 or 5 games every weekend and the big teams (Real, Barca, Athletico, Sevilla, Athletic, Villareal) are always shown. It is annoying when they don't start coverage until half an hour into some games though. It is definatley the best League to be watching in the world right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

La Liga really has been cracking so far this season. With Reals dramatic (to say the least :mad: ) late win and Barca's magneficant display (:D) nothing has changed in the title race and Madrid will be growing in confidence as a unit.

El Classico is going to be game of the year. That's right I said. Better than any world cup game, but I'm hear to be proven wrong.

Also, Valencia letting more points slip is going to be detrimental to the moral of the squad. They really need to regain the fluidity they had at the start of the season before Barca and Madrid move to far out of sight.

Davaeo09 wrote: »
    El Classico is going to be game of the year. That's right I said.

What an absolutely outlandish and outrageously unique claim. You must be a madman, or you probably know more about football than anybody that's ever lived. Surely you do, to make such a wacky prediction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

Its to late (or early) to be trying sarcasm. Well for me it is any way.

But honestly, there is more than points on stake in this match. Muriniho will want to make a statement to the world by beating their arch rivals and Pep will be thinking thinking this Barca team isn't done yet.

Laugh if you want but just wait :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement