Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridging Question

Options
  • 30-10-2010 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I'm in Wexford in the in-laws house. They have Permanet Broadband with a cable Modem (Arris WL 550).

We have iphones etc which we would like to link up via wifi, so I brought down a spare eircom moden (Netopia 2247 NWG) which I would like to use as a wifi Router.

Can anyone provide any guidance on how to do this? So far, I have connected the existing modem to the netopia via ethernet, and switched on bridging mode on the netopia. Nothing!! I also enabled IP passthrough (based on a previous post here), still no joy. I thought it would be simple enough but its bugging me now!!

Any advice/stupid oversights to point out would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

set the IP on the netopia to the same range as the Router in the house, disable DHCP on it and it should work away fine..

Set Wifi security as required

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

tech wrote: »
    set the IP on the netopia to the same range as the Router in the house

How would I do that now? :D Sorry, not brilliant with networks etc!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

connect your laptop to the router thats these and you ll get an IP from the existing router

setup the Eircom router in the same range, to do this connect you laptop directly to the Eircom box, setup wifi security as required then set-up the LAN IP address and disable DHCP

Advertisement