Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Truma Water Heater Problem

• 30-10-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I have a Truma C3400 water heater in my 95 Burnsner. I do not use it very much but switched it on for the first time this year a week ago. Unfortunately the unit did not work. The remote panel where you set the temperature and select either hot water only or hot water/heating did not have any leds lighting. I checked the 5A fuse on the main control panel which should feed the heater and this seemed fine. I opened the cover on the electronic panel of the heater to reveal 3 more fuses, all of which were fine.
    Is this a job for the experts or it there something simple I should also check?
    Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Have you a good 12v supply to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 tSeacha

I blew the 5 A fuse while checking the 12V supply. I will re-check once I get a new fuse installed. I hope I did not do any damage in the process....

has it been changed to 30 millibar , or what gas are you running? The Circuit boards gave a bit of trouble on the older C34s.

Unit is still running on the original german propane cylinder which is still boiling the kettle for me so nothing has changed there. Did not get to re-check the 12V due darkness going to work and also coming home. Looks like it will be a Saturday job.

Just replaced the 5A fuse. 12.41V going to the unit but the unit still not working. Any ideas??

• Advertisement

sounds like the PCB has expired .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 East Coast Campers - Authorised Merchant

sounds like the power supply to the unit is gone. try running a new 12v power source to the unit and you will find it working again. quite a common problem. You could spend ages looking for the original source of the problem but it is easier to by pass it by disconnecting the original power source and connecting a new one from a light or a fan or some such that is working.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mcquill

Have you removed the cover off the external exhaust for the Gas heater. Mine will not work if this is not removed. It tries to start but will not stay ignited.

I found a leak in a water pipe directly above the pcb. I imagine that when I powered up the heater a few weeks ago that I fried some components. Look like its time to get a new pcb. Anyone know where to get one.
    Better get a new water pipe first!

tSeacha wrote: »
    I found a leak in a water pipe directly above the pcb. I imagine that when I powered up the heater a few weeks ago that I fried some components. Look like its time to get a new pcb. Anyone know where to get one.
    Better get a new water pipe first!

We're Truma agents. www.PatHoranMotors.com

• Advertisement
Advertisement