Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

500 - Internal server error, message problem

Options
  • 30-10-2010 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

Every time I try to access www.goggles4u.com or www.goggles4u.co.uk I keep getting the message; :(:(

500 - Internal server error.
    There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

This happening for in excess of 4 months, in fact I have never been able to access it and have always got this message. I used to have 3 Midband and now have Eircom Broadband and it happens with both. Any way to get around/fix this would be very much appreciated.

Cheers Joe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭tech

sounds like a DNS issue I had similar before I would not access a certain site using Eircom but no hassle with same laptop using other ISP''s

try adding its IP address 69.172.198.56 www.goggles4u.co.uk/ into your hosts file may help

have you scanner your pc for spyware and virus ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Don't think it has anything to do with ISP as it happens with both 3 and eircom. Do scans for spyware and virus's every few days. this is the only site I have ever come across this problem. Cheers Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

Your computer could be set to use the same DNS server no matter what ISP you are using. Make sure you've tried an alternative browser too (IE or firefox).

You could try tech's advice. The hosts file is probably in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc but you can google it if your OS is different.

You could use a site such as http://hidemyass.com/ but keep in mind that this means all of the information is going through a third party (this is usually the case with the internet but it of course depends on the third party. Also note that if the site uses SSL then it's the link between the site and the proxy that's secure, not you and the site)

Rather than work around it, your best bet is to fix the underlying issue.

or set your DNS to google
    8.8.8.8 and see what happens

or set your DNS to google
    8.8.8.8 and see what happens

• Advertisement

Will check these out. Cheers Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

"500 - Internal server error" is a server side error.
    It indicates a problem with the site, not the browser.

Tried Google Chrome and it works great. Thanks for the help everyone. Cheers Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭mstester

RT66 wrote: »

Ditto! Its a issue on the web server not the client side.
    Potentially the issue is that the browser the OP was using was sending in non supported Header info which was causing the error 500.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

RT66 wrote: »

Yes, but the fact that it's working for everybody else implies that there's something on the client side causing an error on the server. Not true 100% of the time but very likely on a simple website like this (as opposed to a more complex system).

• Advertisement
Advertisement