Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Downgrade vista to xp cant connect to internet

• 30-10-2010 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi,I bough a compaq F500 that came with windows vista but I wanted xp so I downgraded but I am having problems as it doesnt see the internet at all.I have downloaded the drivers on compaqs site but its still not working.I think it sees the cable connect but it doesnt connect.Its getting really frustrating.Any assistance would be much appricated,may thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

If you go to the command prompt and try pinging a website does that work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Tech Guy Sligo

See if you can ping boards.ie
    click start
    click run
    type "cmd"
    THen type "ping www.boards.ie"
    If you get a response your connected.
    Also maybe you tcp/ip settings are messed up

So go to network connection
    right click on your lan
    properties
    tcp/ip settings properties.

IP address
    dns settings should be obtain automatically

D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

first check device manager to make sure the network card driver has no problems

type ipconfig to make sure you have an ip address

next ping 127.0.0.1 - if that don't work sort out your network drivers

next ping your default gateway ping 192.168.1.1 if that don't work reboot your wireless acess point or internet router thingy

now ping 8.8.8.8 - it's a google DNS server, if that works then you probably have a dns problem

Advertisement