Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to get out and about and improving my photography

• 30-10-2010 9:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

So I had my canon training course today. IT was a good insight into how to work the camera and interesting to learn about why this does that etc. I'd messed with some of the setting before the course so not totally unfamiliar with it.

I've decided I need to get out more, away from this pc and I want to learn to make better shots. I've only really taken shots of cars and got positive compliments but I feel they can be better.

One thing I learned from today was I need to get out more and just take shots! I'd like to know are there outings or meets or something organised that I could go to and learn while improving my shots, get soem advice etc. I don't know tomany people who have a cam and are good with it who I could ask questions.

I'm living in dublin, nothing is really to far from by withing the city centre by bike.

EDIT: I think my other main interest besides cars would be photographing buildings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭KylieWyley

http://photowalk.ie/

These guys regularly do photowalks in dublin and further afield. You'll find helpful regulars from boards out on many of these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭IamBlip

Jozi, I was at the Canon training course today too, the one in the afternoon, got to say Dave McKane from the IOP gives a brilliant presentation explaining all the inner settings of the camera Menu in easy layman terms.

Anyway did you go to the additional night shoot? this was another aspect to photography which you can get out and about in the longer evenings and indulge your interest in building and architecture. It was my first time to try proper nighttime shooting and it was great, really pleased with my efforts.

Also check out the exhibition thread and put your details on the photo buddy list, also watch out for organised boards outings too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Photowalk sounds good, I'll check out the link in a min.

I was at the morning session of the class. To be honest, as soon as he told us to go out shooting I had forgotten everything :o I haven't viewed the pics yet, need to find the cable (still in a box somewhere). Some of the things he talked about I already knew of, just not exactly the ins/outs of them, the advanced course might have been a bit to advanced for me.

I was thinking about it the other day that the evenings are interesting for shooting. I didn't go to the evening shoot, I was meant to go out last night and had forgotten about it. I should have just gone rather than sit in :(

I agree about Dave being very good, he certainly comes across as knowing his stuff!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If you're into building get a tripod, Learn about long exposures, Photograph interesting buildings.

A house in an estate usually isn't very exciting, Something more architectural and recognizable, Try different times, weather, angles and just keep doing this.

After a while you'll build up a nice portfolio and a lot of experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Once you take part in a few photowalk's and build up the confidence to take photos. Go out on your on. Its only then will you really be able to concentrate on what you want to shoot and how you want to shoot it.

It's great going out to the back arse of nowhere with no one around and just taking photo's.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
Advertisement