Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Sitting.

Options
  • 30-10-2010 9:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey All,

My other half is heading away at the end November for 2 weeks and I'd like to have a bit of down time for myself. We currently have 2 dogs (a Newfie and Collie x Spitz) and I'm wondering if it is possible for the dogs to be looked after for 5-7 days of the 2 weeks?

Does anyone know if there is such place like a boarding home that will mind the 2 of them for a few days and if so, how much do they charge?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

hi

where are you based ? I know an amazing "dog nanny" in Meath, reasonable rates and seriously I would not leave "my girls" anywhere else. the dogs sleep in her kitchen at night.

hi

where are you based ? I know an amazing "dog nanny" in Meath, reasonable rates and seriously I would not leave "my girls" anywhere else. the dogs sleep in her kitchen at night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

falabo wrote: »
    hi

I'm living in Clondalkin, Dublin.

Please don't take this up the wrong way but is the nanny of dark complexion? I am not racist, however, as per a previous thread Link created by me my Newfie does not get on well with coloured people.

your racist can be reassured, she's white American ... lol she's based in Co Meath PM me if you want more details !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Speedy44

I am a dog sitter and live in Annaghdown, Galway. I take them into my home. I generally only take smaller dogs though. There are not many of us around in Galway. it's more of the industrial kennels. i could never have left my dog there. sorry to tread on any toes here, i guess i'm just a big softie when it comes to animals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Speedy44 wrote: »
    I am a dog sitter and live in Annaghdown, Galway. I take them into my home. I generally only take smaller dogs though. There are not many of us around in Galway. it's more of the industrial kennels. i could never have left my dog there. sorry to tread on any toes here, i guess i'm just a big softie when it comes to animals.

Thanks very much for your reply. Unfortunately, Galway is a bit of a trek for the dogs especially when one suffers from travels sickness.

Thanks again!

Advertisement