Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nutella butter cream

Options
  • 30-10-2010 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭

Lot of baking to do tomorow, and going to be using a lot of buttercream so figured I might try making the nutella butter cream but has anyone tasted it before does it taste pants? Not sure of the combination of butter and nutella, don't like it myself so need butter lovin persons opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

did you try it after?
    I'm strangely curious as to how it turned out!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I made chocolate and hazelnuts cup cakes a while ago and made nutella buttercream. All in all they were gorgeous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

I always think of Nutella of being like a chocolate and hazelnut margarine, because it's got so much vegetable oil in it, but it has the texture of butter.
    I'd say it should make a nice buttercream, I'd add a little cocoa powder for the thickening though, because if you just use icing sugar it might end up too sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Haven't tried it yet (ended up just keeping the Nutella for myself and smearing it on hot toast..yum).
    Just wondering though would I need to add any butter do you think I might get away with just adding a bit of cocoa powder and creaming it together?

I don't have the recipe I used to hand but I'll post it up tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

would be interested in how you make buttercream??

Whoops just realised I never posted the recipe for this! Here's the one I used anyway.

250g icing sugar, sifted
    80g unsalted butter @ room temp
    25ml whole milk
    80g nutella

Beat the icing sugar and butter together until well mixed.
    Slowly pour in the milk and when it is incorporated beat until the frosting is light and fluffly (about 5 mins)
    Stir in the nutella until evenly mixed.

Simples :)

Thanks kateos. I'll be doing more baking this weekend and going to try that recipe out. Can't wait!

Can't uploads pics but made these twice, went down well at school do.
    The icing sugar does make them pretty sweet so am going do do the cupcake/fairy cake itself with less sugar next time.
    Loved watching people tuck in, they were gone like a shot.
    It's a great recipe very easy to make and pipe.
    Will be making more over Xmas. Cheers!

Advertisement